1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brown: Squad is simply the best

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paddy, Dec 23, 2010.

Discuss Brown: Squad is simply the best in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    Gordon Strachans team was good and mowbray is just a * manager

2. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Another in a long line of current squad-members with gubs bigger than their talent.

Well done captain, just write the huns team-talk for them, nice one. :50:

3. BrianQuinn

Fav Celtic Player:
    None
    I know Hartley and Robson were key for us winning the league in 2008, but i decided to include Scott Brown in both teams since the article is about him.

4. flynny

Fav Celtic Player:
    aiden at the mo. best ever henke
    of course WGS's team was a lot better than lennys team thats fairly obvious. could any of us see us us comin away with a 4-2 aggregate defeat against barcelona in the last 16 of champions league with lennys team like WGS's team did in 2008?? absolute no chance we would get blown apart and its nothin to do with the financial side of things when comparin WGS and lennys teams cos basically the team of 2008 cost * all. we have just brought in a lot of poor quality players

5. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    When will our players learn to do their talking on the pitch ? Merry Xmas and a Happy and healthy New Year to all .

6. Redbaz

See this gel * we had this pish last year now it has reared it head up again we are now in fkin Dec not Aug so all this pish gel glue what ever you want to call it is just exscuses so give it a rest' do my nut in

7. celticfc482

He has a point, although we are lacking a solid spine in the team, srsl i would of kept caldwell, for all his faults he could be relyed upon in the spl and could pass a ball, we are a good quality GK,CB,CM away from being strong

8. die_hard_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields
    while the team has problems, throughout there is an abundance of footballing talent.

I think the problems have thus far been in balancing the types of players we have available. In terms of footballing skill though Brown is probably right. Just look at central midfield alone

In the past Brown has worked with the likes of:
    Robson,hartley, grav, jarosik, landry, donati, crosas

today he has Ki, Ledley, Juarez, Kayal, and Crosas to compete with who are all younger than he is (24), and I believe will do pretty well in their careers

9. Redbaz

What is your real job are you a lawyer?