1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

DREADING old firm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by superhooper1, Dec 22, 2010.

Discuss DREADING old firm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    Rankers play better against teams that come out and attack them- ie top half of SPL, whereas they struggle against 'lesser teams' that give them a lot more time on the ball and let them attack.

I'm not suggesting we should play their brand of anti football, but we need to be more cautious going forward because they can hit us with pace on the break and our defenders play too high a line and are too slow to afford to play like that.

We need to keep a solid shape, and the defence especially must not be caught out of position, which has cost us quite a few goals this season.

It will be a hard game, but I don't see why we can't beat them if we play well.

2. fms06

Of course we can beat them. But stokesy, murphy need to do what they get payed for, score goals. The defense need to be disciplined and not loose concentration. Hope these facts are battered into the players.

3. joeduffy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    long kesh
    not dreadin it at all tbh, yes weve had 3 consectitive draws at home, finishin not great but we'll come good startin with sunday by the time our arrival at castle greyskull comes 2 jan the bhoys will be buzzin after a couple of wins and we'll return victorious against them scum bigot basterds MON THE HOOPS :icon_mrgreen:

4. wolfie67

Fav Celtic Player:
    hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    graphite on the walls
    i think we would be lucky to get a draw declan cfc that top is class

5. boruc1

pack the midfield with brown kayal and juarez.play the * at they`re own game.big murphy up front holdin the ball up and showing davie weir what being in a game means! as long as we win the midfield battle dont see why we cant get anything from the game.and its looking like were going to need something from the game. come on bhoys!

6. JohnBhoy89

Can't lie, not got a good feeling about it. But * it, If we can pump them in their own patch in front of a majority of the filth cheering them on then lets have it!!

7. jiko

Actually feeling a bit better about it now... No real reason for the change in optism except to say it's either that or be ruled by fear.. If the fear is there I'd not even be up for watching the game..

8. kris_bhoy_1916

* why not of course we can win

C'MON THE HOOPS!!:shamrock:

9. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    I will put money on them playing counter attacking football in their own ground. Wait and see.
    we need a strategy to open up their defence.

10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Pfftttttt, they say we have the best supporters lol why are you'd so scared yes we have dropped points but so have they and we have the best quality, we are missing our well alot would say best players this season (ki, hooper) if we give stokes a start upfront on his own and play a 4-5-1 with maybe mcginn an Forrest on the wings behing Anthony and Brown,Ledley,Kayal sitting in the middle with a back for of Izzy-Dan-Rog-marky

11. kidMc14

Most negative attitude going in to an OF game?

I have to say this is the most negative attitude from our supporters ever going into an OF game. We should be looking forward to it. You should ALWAYS want to play your rivals. I fear getting beat to but i fear that going into any game. Its the funny folk we're playing and the day we FEAR the huns is a sad sad day. Instead of worrying lets go to ibrox and sing our hearts out. A bit of positivity doesnt go a miss:celt_2:

I'm only 17 and im wondering if you guys have experienced a more negative attitude?

12. Redbaz

Your age shows with this comment come back in about 20 years then you will know:56:

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

They are nothing to fear.

14. farmerbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    James Forrest is going to do a Lubo.

Rangers 0-3 Celtic

15. celtic20

We are looking forward to it, as we always do for these games but people are worried about what the end result will end up. I am definitely looking forward to it but I'm worried about how they will expose our defence, that's probably everyone's worry going into this game

16. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Wait until we scrape a win off St Johnstone or Motherwell. You'll see the mood on here change:rolleyes:

17. Y.N.W.A

i actually had a dream last night that we wun 3-1:celt_2:

18. SnoopyCFC

Celtic will win. Got to stay optimistic :celt_2:

19. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

i dont think it's about negativeness,its about reality,alot of people here are seeing the true celtic at this point in time

lets be honest, we are no great shakes, far from it

20. evilp3te

Its just fans being realistic. It doesnt change our support for the team but performances have put a negative slant on things, esp with our main player out of the game.

However there are good players in our team, and on our day we can beat them. But I dont think we are ready for this one. But if Kayal and Brown are roughing them up I really think anything is possible