1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ynwa1987

Those that thought it was funny are a minority, the trickier issue is wether they deserve a ban for it, which if an isolated I dont think they do.

2. clonakilty

The Huns are laughing at us, divide and conquer.

3. ynwa1987

The huns are laughing at * all.

4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Let them laugh. We will laugh always.:smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::56::56:

5. leeso-ardoyne

Agree! TBH, I don't even have an opinion in the doll and banners but wanting Celtic men banned is shocking to say the least

6. Heb Celt

KAH banner was too far,they are sort of human beings so didn't agree with it.

7. Bunk Moreland

To be honest I've still not saw a pic of this mythical KAH banner so I'm calling bullshit. And anyway the word Hun isn't sectarian and no Huns aren't "sort of human" they're turds

8. Lounge Act

I don't think most people on here are taking exception to the word 'hun' which is, as you say, not sectarian. It is absolutely clutching at straws to call it so.

Personally, I think it's more the whole use of the word kill which in my opinion is past the boundaries of what's acceptable at a football match and in Celtic Park. It's crass and insensitive and frankly I can totally understand why people have reacted badly to it. Combine it with the dolls and it's just a little bit sinister.

It's not like as a fanbase we're not subjected to a fair amount of * which is on that level and therefore we shouldn't lower ourselves to it. Should leave that to them...

9. Bunk Moreland

Oh you mean the word "kill" that not one single source has any evidence of it being on a banner, yet the media caught everything else apparently. Surely the TV cameras would have picked up such a banner? Fans Mobile phones? Surely just one Hun just waiting to be mock offended would have snapped it on his early 00's Nokia VGA shiter :smiley-laughing002:

Much ado about nothing.

What I'm getting at is that they're * liars.

10. Danxy67

The effigies were hung by the Bhoys and the bit in bold pretty much sums them up.

As per usual though, the media portrays everything negative to do with Celtic as the GB's doing.

Also haven't seen the mythical KAH banner but if it did exist, I agree that some have stooped to that mob's level.

11. celtic warrior

I'm just gonna say what I'm thinking, just an fyi what I want say may struggle to come out clearly though.

So some fans get * off that we still get banded in with the other lot, by the media, other fan groups within our club and others and want nothing more then to separated from them.

Yet there is a small group that quite publicly and loudly act in such a way that if it where from the other side we'd brush it off as typical backwater behaviour we've come to expect from them.

But then the club go as far as finding the culprits and banning then, yet fans deem that harsh, I think if we want to be separate from them then our club must adopt a zero policy on such behaviour that led to the effigy and a potential sign that claimed to kill all Huns. Also if you have been warned a few times please don't be surprised that you end up with a ban when doing the above.

All you've done in the way you acted during that match is extend the period we are mentioned in the same breath as them and acted as low as they can do.

We are better then that, we should be better then them and I feel the club was acting in the right way by issuing the ban.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

If we want to be separate ourselves from them we must adopt a zero tolerance policy?

So one guy with a (alleged) flag and two people hanging blow up dolls somehow equates to 40,000 bigots singing sectarian bile every week?

This whole episode is getting * stupid.

13. celtic warrior

Look when everything our fans do is scrutinised to such a fine detail that they think they hear racists chants in a sneeze, the fans who acted like they did should be fully aware of how that will represent the club and as * grown adults should have had the * foresight to realise the attention it would bring.

What they did may not exactly equate to 40,000 bigots singing sectarian bile every week sure, but what it does do is keep us at a low level, low enough we still get grouped in with those idiots.

They have only themselves to blame no one else, * the sign for the moment but if the rumours of multiple warnings are true then they went ahead with the whole blow up dolls nonsense then there is only one outcome to it so tough * to those idiots really.

Sevco should only be seen as just another club in which we share a league with, just like we see the Ross County, Killie, Motherwell etc..., we should act in a way that clearly separates us from them, there is an argument to had that the club are trying this approach by not getting involved with them recently over all of this, but at the very least that small group of fans who did what they did could have acted in a different way, perhaps done a different display, sang some some songs about the result of the ongoing match, whatever. They didn't, they brought the club unwanted attention it made their actions more important to report on then the actual result and in the end that just brings our name down.

We don't need it nor should we want it.

14. Heb Celt

I seen it,it was a one man band banner and I know more than anyone Hun ain't sectarian but killing anyone banner is highly unacceptable don't you agree?

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

They would find something to lump us in together even if we were squeaky clean.

* bigots, * those who write for bigots and * those who wish to bend over backwards to appease bigots.

People in this country * hate us, dolls or no dolls.

16. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    True.

17. celtic warrior

My good sir, the mic has been dropped, it's true what you say no harm in us trying atleast :icon_mrgreen:

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Totally agree. No just banned, but banned for life..

They make me sick..

19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :50:

20. Bunk Moreland

So it was one guy who brought it along, yes it's unacceptable, warn him, ban him, do whatever. It's hardly the same as an entire support singing songs about killing Catholics, yet the media seem to think one small banner and two blow up dolls is.