1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jinky.

I voted SNP in 2011 the first time they got in, like many others it was the first and the last time. Hopefully a credible alternative emerges once we get independence. The political landscape will change and the parties will have to adapt.

Right now its like comparing different shades of *.

2. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    They got into office in 2007?

So 2011 certainly wasn't the 'first and last time'....

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    This is exactly why the SNP are reaching out to true Labour voters,at the end of the day the majority of Scotland is Labour just everyone was basically * off with London politics and it's effects on Scotland,that said I would still vote SNP as they have done so much more for this country than previous governments,yes this bill is a total * up but lets get rid of those * down South then get that sorted :50:

4. Jinky.

Sorry mate, but that's just pish.

Kenny MacAskill, the SNP justice secretary handed over power to the unelected Stephen House, the chief of police Scotland. The SNP police state extends well beyond football, there are a record amount of police on the streets under the SNP. A record number of stop and searches numbering as much as 2000 a day, double the amount of in London. You surely can't deny the SNP are disturbingly close to the police.

5. Jinky.

They formed Scotlands first majority government in 2011 because most people voted them as a tactical vote. In 2007 when they 'got in' they were a minority government.

No.

2011 was the first time people voted for them en masse because it garunteed a referendum on independence. It was the first time i voted for them and the last.

Did you vote for them in 2007?

6. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Its 'just pish'? Despite the fact this was straight from Annabel Goldies mouth? What has she got to gain from lying about such a thing? She told us that her and her party would help the SNP pass their budgets if police officer numbers increased by 1000 and they were given extra powers (the Conservatives believed that police officers had to be a stronger part of the community:56:). You're just dying to blame the SNP for everything, its embarrassing. :56: Let's not let facts get in the way here ehh? :rolleyes:

No, I did not. I wasn't of legal age to vote then unfortunately.

Your words:
    They were still formed (a minority) government from 2007-2011, therefore 2011 was not the first time they got in like you said. You never differentiated between a minority and majority government.....

It was also not a tactical vote in 2007, again that is ignorant of facts. A 'tactical vote' taking physical semblance is best exemplified in the U.K. general elections in comparison to the Scottish elections. People who vote SNP in the Scottish elections will probably not vote for them in the general elections, because they realise it will make little difference. They will then give there vote to Labour, who will garner enough votes elsewhere to make a difference and counter the Conservative party.

When they were voted in to Holyrood in 2011, they were voted in due to the fact they were strongest party in Scotland, pure and simple. The Labour party was a mess and Liberal Democrats had no clear vision, aswell as their 'cosying up' with the Conservative. There was nothing 'tactical' in this case - Scotland realised what it had to choose from and who was better. :smiley-laughing002:

Anyway, we have totally diverted this thread.

Apologies to everyone. :50:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
  7. Jinky.

7 years ago the tories believed the police had to be a stronger part of the community? Really? :smiley-laughing002:

You have took it upon yourself to believe what a tory has allegedly said. So its not 'facts' as you are suggesting. How do you explain the SNP justice sectary handing over power to Stephen House??

If im 'dying to blame them for everything' then are you dying to defend them for everything? I feel strongly about what the SNP have done to our support and the police state they've created. If you find it embarassing then it says more about you to be honest.

You just keep voting SNP while your fellow supporters are being locked and having their lives ruined for singing songs, as it doesn't effect you eh?

No point in debating this any further as we both disagree and won't change our minds. :50:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
  8. kennydal

Thought i was in Celtic Chat for a minute there.:rolleyes:

9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Re - the Act that criminalizes our fans

any person charged under this act should demand the right to face his accuser in court..

ask him / her ... in what way have you damaged or harmed them?

when they cannot show any harm or injury then the case should be thrown out as there is no valid cause of action.

( then file suit against the * for your lost time and wasted money)

10. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    It came straight from her mouth (Annabel Goldie). This was 3 years ago, I was in my 6th year at school, writing my Advanced Higher dissertation for Modern Studies. There were three of us and we were interviewing her as we need information (especially good quotes) for the dissertation. We were discussing the outcome of the 2011 election in Scotland, to which she took it upon herself to talk about Alex Salmond (very nicely may I add) and tell us that they gave them a helping hand in the first administration. She very proudly proclaimed that it was due to her and her party that the SNP upped the number of police officer (Conservatives wanted 1,000 more). Why would she lie? She had nothing to gain and was stepping down anyway, not to mention she wasn't trying to score political points - she remained neutral her whole time with us. :smiley-laughing002:

The reason why he would have given Mr. House more powers is because thats what the community wants! People trust police officers believe it or not, they do not trust politicians. This is obviously an alien concept to us football fans.

I study politics mate, that's why I defend the SNP and honestly I would defend most parties from the ignorant and lazy tripe that's being thrown around.

The bill is a disgrace, yes - I wholeheartedly agree. However we can't just look at this so narrowly, you have to widen your view. How do we know there hasn't been pressure from the police force in order to create this bill (and how did they get that power in the first place.......)? Why have football clubs (including our own) not vigorously condemned this bill and fought against it continuously? Celtic may have opposed it now, however this is far too late and its shocking.

If we all wrote to Celtic, complaining about the bill and demanded they stuck by the fans and opposed it, then it would do much more, than a rag-tag band of people attending the SNP conference. An institution has more sway over politicians than the common folk unfortunately.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The group will return for the next home game fixture Against ICT. :50:

12. TheHappyLoss

Good news:50: Has there been any dialogue with the club about making this a permanent return? If not do you think that it's achievable?

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

no talks yet between the club and the group, no doubt there will be some news very soon about a return to celtic park.

14. TheHappyLoss

Hope so, thanks :50:

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:50:

16. Jason9inarow

Thank * a bit of atmosphere

17. TheIrishBhoy

Have gb announced if they will be there for the dundee united game on may 11? And also if celtic get the green light for safe standing will the gb be in that section?

18. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Aye, cos these fans are really causing a serious disruption to the life of the community :rolleyes:

That's an absolute joke if they are being charged. Only in Scotland it seems that it's a crime to stand up for yourself and oppose a ridiculous Bill that allows the police to basically just harass football (Celtic) fans.

19. Jason9inarow

Was hearing there is an option for standing area on ST renewals, mines not in yet

20. Dáibhí

I dunno, that wee girl at the front looks really shady.