1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I thought that straight away when they started singing the Mulgrew song. He was looking literally shattered and it definitely seemed to give him a second wind.

2. bhaldy

thanx

big thanks to the GB for the efforts. awesome display ghuys:50:

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Absolutely bursting with pride about everything last night. Just letting it all soak in now.

4. liam123cfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    No only made 2 posts. One saying how great the display and and the other saying for someone to ban a hun that was in the thread. Must have been a mistake on their end and clicked me instead of the hun.

5. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Did you contact them and ask them why?

6. idlewildered

I've been off the site for a while due to losing my dad recently. Wednesday was my first night at paradise since he passed and one of the few games I have ever attended without him next to me.

I left Edinburgh with extremely mixed emotions on Wednesday and result regardless, I want to extend a heartfelt thanks to the GB for making that one of the most emotional, mindblowing, euphoric nights of my life. There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that you had a real hand in making Wednesday a night that will be forever remembered.

You are an absolute credit to our club. Legends in your own right.

So thank you.

7. tits-oot!

Fav Celtic Player:
    too many to mention but probably Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Amazing!!

8. Belfast-hoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Beyond all expectations, Celtic park was the envy of the footballing world on Wednesday night and that's not even including the teams performance nor the result.

Its time the big wigs at Celtic park stood up for the group and openly condemn the police harassment they endure week in and week out instead of cashing in on them or soaking up the plaudits they get from outsiders when it suits.

Well done Green Brigade, yet again you have done us all proud, take a massive bow.

9. Higgie

Best I've saw from the Group by far on Wed. Will be hard to top that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
  10. jkel

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown,artur boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    holy goalie
    wait till the semi final v Real Madrid :icon_mrgreen:

11. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I see the GB gave Danny Bhoy O'connor a present

[​IMG]

Nice top

12. Artur Boruc #1

After the highs of Wednesday, it seems like we're back to reality regarding the GB - young boy from their section jailed yesterday for the heinous crime of having a bottle of water within the stadium.

A lot of talk from actual group members hinting at possibly packing it in, re. their section, as it just isn't worth the hassle and disruption of their private life anymore, given that they are being literally being followed all over Europe by coppers with nothing better to do with their time than treat football fans like vermin, cowards that they are.

If the worst comes to the worst and there is no GB section next season then Celtic Park will be a much poorer place without them, and attendances and atmosphere will drop significantly.

Parkhead pre-GB section was absolutely horrendous for atmosphere in the majority of the games.

Celtic FC are shooting themselves in the foot here. After what the Green Brigade brought to the table on Wednesday night, the club should be busting a gut and putting in as much effort as the GB lads to when backing their team, to publically back these bhoys. Fail to do so and you risk seeing the thunder dissappearing which would be a crying shame.

13. Shane1888

I dread to think what Celtic Park would become during league matches without the Green Brigade. We'd be fine for home games in Europe, as everyone contributes on those nights and the atmosphere is unrivalled anywhere in the world, but it would be a crying shame if they were forced out by those * * coppers.

I would totally understand if they packed it in though. Being followed everywhere by the police would certainly not be enjoyable, especially when the guys are just trying to have a laugh and create a great atmosphere, which they never fail to do.

14. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Jailed for having a bottle of water in the stadium? What the * was the law he broke there.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

Smuggling in a hydrogen bomb :rolleyes:

So - this week we have seen in our society a fella being jailed for posting a picture of a burning poppy on the internet, and are now hearing about a fella jailed for concealing a bottle of water?

My *.

16. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    As great as the GB are, its unlikely that attendances will drop. I and others like me have been going to CP long before the GB came into being and will continue.

No disrespect to the guys, who do a wonderful job and get a hard time. But they arent bigger than the club.

I do agree they get an exceptionally hard time, though they do seem to be maturing in recent times.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Well said chara!

18. liam123cfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yea I emailed them and asked why I was banned but they just said, must have been a mistake I'll look into it. But I'm still banned lol.

19. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    It strikes me that the club are quite happy to take the plaudits for the wonderful display that the GB made and financed and yet seem to be continually driving the GB away. It's really quite sad as without the GB the atmosphere at Celtic Park, especially during SPL games, would be awful.

The club should tread very carefully, a lot of fans wouldn't be pleased if trivial pettiness drove the GB away.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

The club were trying to outlaw the GB in Lenny's first season for many things - yet were more than happy to rake in the cash whilst marketing their own brand of "Just Can't Get Enough" merchandise.