1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I stood all game also. Its too cold to sit down, I want to jump about and keep warm whilst supporting my team!

2. kennydal

Like the old terracing rails in a seated stadium .

3. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Delighted for ye but why were ye standing? :56:

Again, the fact that they are mentioning crush proof barriers and gradients clearly indicates that the problem is large groups standing together. Celtic, by law, cannot take this lightly and this their legal obligation.

We are, after all, one of the clubs in recent stadia history to have a fan fall off the upper tier during a game we had fans charge the pitch. We were recently handed a suspended fine then fined by UEFA over persistent crowd control issues. Things arent perfect at Celtic as some would suggest.

4. Artur Boruc #1

1) It was sub zero temperatures, standing kept me warmer slightly.

2) I prefer standing.

3) I felt like it.

4) I hate sitting and singing, standing and singing = better atmosphere.

5. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Fortunately, if the board let us continue on our current downward spiral, we are unlikely to be facing sanctions for crowd control in european competition in the foreseeable future.

Do you think that people standing up is genuinely causing a problem?

6. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Someone already posted this and it was moved into the GB thread, so I'll just copy & paste my post from there.

"For many years at the stadium we have achieved both - a great atmosphere in a safe environment. I know we can continue to make this happen".

This is the bit that baffles me, if we've managed to achieve a safe environment for supporters in previous years, with many supporters standing, then why the need for the sudden warnings and a stricter approach.?

However, it is stressed that it is out of the clubs hands, bashing the board would be pointless here, as they have more than likely been asked to act in the way that they have done on behalf of The Safety Team and the police.

Any anger we have with this issue, shouldn't just be with the board.

7. Raz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    1 - it was -9 degree's centigrade
    2 - jumping about is warmer that sitting down
    3 - singing and supporting your team is easier/more enjoyable standing up

8. combene

exactly what i was thinking

9. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It has been make very clear that its the police that have taken issue with standing and forced Celtic to meet their legal obligations. I said this before, you cannot take liberties with Health and Safety laws unless you think the cost in damages is worth it. Clearly Celtic do not think its worth it at all and are expressing this view.

The strange thing is that people think Celtic are trying to * themselves up, trying to force fans away. Celtic cant afford to be doing that but they definitely cannot afford a closed stadium or needless fines. People think these things are unthinkable when they clearly are not when we have been subject to fined for small breaches in crowd control in recent times. Thats the baffling part.

And that will never happen in the SPL under current UK laws

10. Raz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    Dempsey, what about the fans down south then?

Why aren't other clubs sending out these messages? Also, why (coincidentally :rolleyes:) have Celtic only started issuing these 'warnings' since the poppy banner?

11. combene

so the laws against standing don't apply to huns. they don't apply to celtic supporters at any other ground. just the green brigade at celtic park. interesting. i say just the green brigade because that has become the defacto standing section at parkhead. nobody else stands and sings for the entire game so it's interesting that this seems to be an issue at our park and not elsewhere and it doesn't apply to the visiting fans either. utter pish

12. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Fans of other clubs that watch their official websites have reported similar messages from time to time. You think this is a Celtic only thing?? It is not.

People think John Reid & the board are the ones * over the poppy thing. Ever think it be the police, health & safety officers etc., i.e. the people that can overrule the board on health and safety grounds?

Do you really think the current Celtic board would cut their nose off to spite their face in this economic climate? Really?? I dont tbh, it doesnt make one bit of sense.

And the fact remains, that if you stand in any football ground in the UK then you shouldnt be surprised if a steward taps you on the shoulder. Just because they didnt for one game doesnt mean they cant. Just because they didnt do it once before doesnt mean that the stadium regulations dont apply.

Like it or lump it, you are supposed to sit. people giving you liberty to stand on certain occasions doesnt give anyone authority to stand when they like at any time. Your liberties can be revoked whenever they like. Like it or lump it. You agreed to tickets on the basis of their zero tolerance.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
  13. danderandan

since the start of november the focus of the minority of the support has had a great affect on the majority our eye has been off the ball ,we seem to be more concerned about poppies than the more glaring problems that we have ,the poppy debate which came to a head with the gb banner did more harm to us than good . we all know the thinking behind the poppy objection ,ireland and the british army ,no matter how loud or demonstrable any protest is will history be changed . the protest is now used as a stick to beat us with and the answer is simple ,no one forces you to buy or wear a poppy so the choice is yours, do as the majority of our support did at st mirren and last year at falkirk where inside these grounds you could have heard a pin drop, stand in silence for a minute , no banners and there is no stick ,no flak from the media who take great pleasure in putting the boot into us. then the green brigade and the entire celtic support can get behind the team who desperately need us at this time . our manager is way out his depth and clearly struggling ,it,s his team now and they are just not good enough ,his signings are on the whole atrocious ,the keeper has yet to save us points 6feet 7 until he jumps ,he bought a 3m pound mexican then refuses to play him even though he is an international right back, cha du ri a midden, ledley the invisable man,murphy slower than big jan voh no goal threat and cant beat a man, majstorovic 5th choice and indeed a donkey, hooper and izaguirre good signings and jury still out on kayal .we also have hoidvelt ,loovens, crosas and samaras who just are,nt good enough and you see the extent of our problems ,would i give lennon more money ,no, dermot desmond has a big decision at the new year and he has brought it on himself by appointing a rookie manager who should have went elsewhere first to learn and only if he proved himself return to celtic ,i would love him to prove me wrong and that will only happen with eveyone players ,management and especially the support all behind the team and that will only come with victories .

14. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Your boy Reid would cut the clubs nose off to spite a section of fans. He's done far worse in his time.

15. Kerry.

was thinking that mysel. Its as if the board are trying to pick and choose where/when the GB go when it suits them :rolleyes:

16. JamesConnolly

Really harsh post that mate.

By that post I think you should know what its like at Celtic Park without them and that's just the start of it.

17. mack1888

The backing Tuesday night from the gb last night was great. It seems the sections either side of them are slowly growing into singing sections too, which is good to see. I thought the general atmosphere wasn't bad given it was baltic.

I'd love to see the police pull out figures regarding how many people have been injured per season due to standing. I expect it will be none to low. Can we trust them not to fiddle figures though?
    As I've said before, Celtic (and supporters clubs) should make contact with other clubs, supporters, MSPs, SPL, the police, etc, and get some sort of dialogue going. It's the only way things will improve.

18. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    Let the People stand...

* all seater-stadiums,bring back half standing/half seated stadiums

19. carbo6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    THE KING OF KINGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    dont know if anybody already posted this but anyway

MAKE SOME NOISE FOR THE BHOYS!

A word from the Jungle Bhoys.

Football grounds traditionally had areas where fans gathered to sing club songs and create a great atmosphere in support of their team. The Jungle, The Kop and the Stretford End were all famed as places for fans to congregate and sing their hearts out regardless of the opposition and the scoreline. Noise and colour are essential in making Paradise a cauldron for visiting teams and to spur the Bhoys onto victory.

In recent seasons, with the notable exception of European nights and Championship deciders, the atmosphere at Celtic Park has often been missing from the ordinary domestic fixtures. When criticism of individual players and the sound of small bands of away fans can be heard instead of Celtic songs and chants, we're in danger of becoming spectators rather than supporters.

To tackle the lack of atmosphere during these games the North West Curve (sections 443, 444 and 445) in the Jock Stein Upper Stand has been designated by the Club as a singing section for those fans who want to give the team their wholehearted vocal support and keep alive the vital Celtic experience.

It is hoped that over time enough fans will move into this area with the intention of recreating the vocal support once made famous by the old Jungle but, to make this happen we need supporters to relocate to Sections 443, 444 and 445 of the Jock Stein Upper Stand.

If you miss the songs and great atmosphere at the games you can now relocate to the North West Curve to sit with like minded fans and help create an atmosphere that will leave visiting teams and fans in no doubt that they are at the home of one of the greatest supports in the world of football.

If you wish to relocate to the singing section then simply contact the Jungle Bhoys at Jungle Bhoys - Let The People Sing.

"Football without fans is nothing" - Jock Stein

i know the jungle bhoys are gone but now we have the gb creating this "atmosphere" they are adevertising on the official website but when you do "make some noise for the bhoys" your threatened with banning orders and told to sit down :56:

20. paul-r-cfc

What about the 7500 Rangers fans that stand at every game - will they be warned?

or the 20,000+ people that stand for the whole game at EVERY Scotland game at Hampden - the police have never done anything about that and clearly have no intention of doing so. Seems strange that they would take such an interest in a few hundred people standing and ignore thousands