1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

new year derby game

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jhimbhoab, Dec 6, 2010.

Discuss new year derby game in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. andycfc94

I think with Billy there even our idiotic fans won't do anything, innocent people died that day so whoever doesn't respect that is a sick human being in my book and shouldn't be supporting Celtic, I'm confident though that the silence will be impeccably observed because the last thing our club needs is something for the media to have a go at us for

2. tonybhoy75

i hope its observed impeccably. * knows there will be plenty of hacks waiting to shoot us down. unfortunately the combination of small mindeness and alcohol make me fear the worst. hopefully the presence of big Billy will have a positive effect.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2010
  3. superhooper1

listen guys we hate the huns 100000000% but all have friends who are them and we also have credibility which they dont so theres no way we will dis this and if anyone does i personally will feel sick. also heard a romour the GB where band if so shockingggg as they are great for our support

4. KyleBhoy87

most of the celtic crowd will respect whatever they have in place but some of the fans will open there mouths

5. Padraig1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldiers Song
    In my opinion all these minutes silence's are completely unnecessary. We don't need it year in year out. Why on earth did we have a minute silence for the Queen Mother? I have more empathy for some old lady in my street than the Queen of England, likewise why would the huns be required to hold a silence for a dead Pope? We seem to use these silence's as ammunition to attack each other and nothing else, so why bother.

6. MartinR

shocking thing that happend but dont see evryone keep hush but these things happen and life will move on

7. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    The thing that annoys me is the * that boo and sing through the silence will be the 1st to slump all quiet in there seats if the Huns go 1 up

8. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    We do minute's silences every year to remember those who have died, for whatever reason being a disaster or in a war or anything. A minute's silence or applause you think is unnecessary? We do it year on year so we will never forget.

Whatever certain people's view on situations we must continue to remember those who have died, and given their live's for what ordinary people like ourselves believe in.

Gone but never forgotten. We will remember them.

9. Artur Boruc #1

One of the most bizarre posts I've ever seen. How exactly does falling down a set of stairs equate to giving their lives for what we and they believe in.

I think you've got your wires crossed somewhere along the line.

10. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Well they have in a way have they not? If they weren't football fans then they wouldn't have lost their lives because they wouldn't have been there? My response wasn't mainly aimed at the disaster at Ibrox, it was aimed at Padraig who questioned why we even do minute's silences and ive said its so they are remembered. My point about giving their lives is if you actually read the post i said in a war.

Please read the post before commenting about how my wires are crossed when i explain what you question.

11. KEANE07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    A terrible disaster which killed 66 innocent football fans just like you and me.
    Respect the minute of silence.
    It is one minute of our lives ffs.
    After that you can shout all you want at them.

12. Gonnae Sit Doon

Let us all remember the 66 people who died on Jan 2nd 1971 plus the two people killed and 50 injured at the exact same spot in Sept 1961.
    Not forgetting the 25 killed and 500 injured at the ibrox international match in 1902.

13. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The fans who don't observe this are saying '* you Jock'. Only scum-bags would disrespect the death.

14. Scarecrow

rip to them, im right next to where the memorial wreaths will be for the game.

football is nothing compared to real life tragedy.

15. northeast67

mutual respect ,.cheer up its 1 minute and christmas..it also shows we arnt inbread non educated twats just shouting to be a bit naughty.:celt_2:

16. Artur Boruc #1

Ah right just like, only seconds after the silence is over, when the hun support stick two fingers up whilst they attempt to drag the name of our greatest ever manager through the mud as they belt out the big lie.

I'm more concerned about the smear campaign carried out against Jock insinuating that he was party to paedophile activity, than a few boozed up Tims disrupting a silence.

I'll be there and keeping schtum without a doubt but whether the silence is observed or not is irrelevant to me - as long as we come back celebrating an unlikely win then I'll be delighted.

17. Redbaz

I will respect them but that is how we were treated then like sheep.