1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scariest situation you've ever been in

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Saul Goodman, Aug 26, 2010.

Discuss Scariest situation you've ever been in in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Happened to an ex's sister. Chatting to a guy in a bar, next thing she's all fuzzy and back at this house with 2 guy's. Got raped..

Worst of it is, and i couldn't understand this, was that she could remember where she'd come out of (guy's street) but didn't want to phone the polis..... So the guy's got away with it. I reckon the reason she didn't report it was because her kid's da, the ex, was quite a well known nutcase that would've murdered them if given the opportunity and she didn't want to look bad in any way to him..

2. celtic.Ghirl

Jeez! :38: poor lass! Hope she's alrite.

Thankfully mine never came to that, but who knows what couldve happened.

Im so paranoid with my drinks now when im out.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    * knows. Never liked her anyway but obviously wouldn't wish that on anyone..

You definitely got lucky with the couple helping you out..

4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Got spiked in Santa Ponsa myself. One of my friends brought my back to the house and put me to bed and then I started foaming at the mouth and *. Not before I * a wheelie bin off a balcony down on top of a rental car though. Police and paramedics ended up in our apartment and I can't remember a single bit of it. When I eventually came around I was sitting on the couch hyperventilating and hadn't a clue what had just happened. Weird *.

--

That's not the scarist thing that's happened to me though. Back in September I nearly died from an asthma attack/allergic reaction. Walking home from a mate's house when I started feeling my hands tingle and my chest go tight. Similar had happened to me before where I'd start sneezing and my chest would go tight but it would pass in 20-30 minutes if I sat down. Anyway, I felt this all coming on so I sat down on the curb at the bottom of my road for a few minutes. I realised it wasn't getting any better so I rang my mam to come and pick me up. She rushed me straight to the hospital. On the way to the hospital I remember my vision became all blurry and tinged with a yellow colour.. I felt like I was nearly going blind.. all the while my chest was getting tighter and tighter and I was really struggling to breathe.

We got to the hospital and I got out of the car and made my way over to the front door where I collapsed/fainted. Woke up seconds later with my mam standing over me with tears in her eyes screaming for help and I remember saying to her "what's wrong?. calm down".. Literally had no idea what was happening. She told me I was having an asthma attack. I collapsed again a few second later. I woke up again and next thing the security guard at the hospital came running over with a wheelchair. He put me in it and ran to A&E. I remember just sitting in the bed, still with blurry vision/half blind, with about 5/6 doctors standing over my bed sticking all sorts of needles into my arm and *.

When I eventually came around the doctor told me if I came in about 2 minutes later I probably would have died.

A healthy oxygen % level in your blood is 95-100%. 90-94% is not good and needs medical attention and anything below 90% is very dangerous. My oxygen % went down to 70% when I got to A&E.

Took me 2-3 months for my lungs to recover and to be able to walk about the place after that and I've been rushed to hospital about 5 times since with similar allergic reactions. Thankfully none have been quite as life threatening as that time. I'll never forget that day for as long as I live.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

In a labour room, looking over the wee curtain whilst the good lady was getting a c-section.....

6. Buster

On 19th December Mrs B got diagnosed with cancer and got sent away with an appointment to come back on 6th January. These 18 days were murder not knowing with 3 young kids if everything you did would be the last time and the future of bringing up 3 kids on my own. Luckily everything went well and over 10 years later (fingers crossed) its continually going well but it was a scary period.

7. lockerbie-bhoy

Plane crash- wasn't in it obviously. Hand on heart not many a day go's by when some thought or other makes me think about it. I'm not alone and suppose any one who witnesses or is involved in the aftermath of a disaster or a war has similar '* me sideways-did that just happen' experiences. Onyhoo such is life and mustn't grumble

8. celtic.Ghirl

Glad to hear that all is well now & the mrs is on the mend.:50:

Buster likes this.
  9. Henke102

Aye similar to the last few posts, must have drank a drink that was spiked, ended up leaving a nightclub after only a few drinks, remember the bar staff refusing to sell me and the bouncers asking if i was ok, then I was on my merry way.

Remember polis picking me up and putting me in back of a paddy wagon, if anyone has ever been in the back of one u will know they are solid metal benches, the * took a corner too fast and me being * up, I was launched off the bench and hit my head against the corner bursting open just above my eye. Polis thinking I was just drunk had no sympathy and I was dropped off at hospital. Came to and was getting cleaned up by a junior doctor, they have no time for you when they think you are just drunk and was treated like * no one believing my story. The porter was the only sound guy there making sure I was sorted etc.

Next morning no police followed up and doctor said to me I came in and wasnt drunk just had severe memory loss and dehydration. Really hope the polis and junior doctor heard that as well, they are far too fast to categorise people as just being another drunk young male. Not particularly scary situation for me just a bit of a * up one.

10. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

Old Trafford yesterday.

11. angiebowie

Right.....um... can we all just take a minute here. My head near exploded reading this

12. TicFan88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Fairly sure there's something about the date and time posted as well?

It just doesn't seem like a coincidence to me...

13. angiebowie

Boston bombings were 2 years later on April 15th

14. angiebowie

* get to *!! He posted it exactly two years before it happened.

Stop the world, I wanna get off

15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    think its all in the conspiracy thread angie ..... scary stuff.

16. angiebowie

Nup. Aff it. Too scary.

17. Deco67

Out for my mate's bday few weeks ago (day of Leicester game), had been out in Glasgow and at the game and got train through to Edinburgh at night, wasn't even that drunk when I got to his flat where I only drank half a bottle of wine. Fast forward to the club and after two shots, I have no memory. Next thing is I wake to paramedics and my mates screaming my name outside the club, I'm covered in blood and sick. Had been spiked and cos of my heart problem, my heart went into meltdown and was rushed to hospital- paramedics thought I was dead when they found me. Horrible experience.

18. Aidan O’Shea

If I ever see someone spiking a drink, I'll go right through them. Such a scummy thing to do.

19. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This is still the most * up thing I've read on the internet.

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    'BOSTON THE ANNIVERSARY.. IT'S COMING.. when it does you know the answer to be one of the free!'

That bit gets me. Creepy as *. That could go viral if someone spread it, incredible.