1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Glasgow Derby.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by PaddyBhoy, Sep 26, 2010.

Discuss The Glasgow Derby. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    going to this one too.... first rangers match since sutton chipped klos in 2004... cannot wait!!

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The atmosphere will be electric, the 2 teams are carrying massive momentum and it's neck and neck. The match will probably be a case of stopping 1 unbeaten run and carrying on another which will have huge implications in the title race.

Cannot wait personally.

3. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    That game was the weekend I moved to Glasgow and also my 1st OF....maybe it is a little bit of foggy minded nostalgia but i do feel like the real passion, 90 minutes of songs has gone.....strange but at the time we were still 2nd best to Rangers, it almost seemed like your duty to be the 12th man....after the O'Neil years i feel we get a little complacent and believed that we should just turn up, be entertained a go home.....personally i think that we the fans have a duty....and that is for 90 minutes, regardless who the opposition is, we make ParkHead a place to fear.....<o:p></o:p>

4. CfC jack CfC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing or YNWA
    Great post and entirely spot on ma man.

5. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    The kick-off times have ruined it in my opinion. The burning passion and fan support power was shown in the last home game against them which kicked of at 7:45 when we won 2-1 under Lennon last season. The league was totally over and the crowd rose to the occasion more than they have in recent time most probably thanks to a few more beers. Another factor in the atmosphere between Ibrox and CP is that more often than not we play OF fixtures at home on a Sunday,yet the huns are at home on a Saturday on OF days. Not sure why this is but it must put many celtic fans off having a drink before the game which can lead to a normalish atmosphere.

6. groid88bogside

i was at 3-2 a few year back the double header atmosphere was unreal , 1-1 last year ( bars werent open when we got to glasgow so we werent drunk enough lol ) i need to be well on to go or like others said i feel sick , and im goin on 24th , both teams on a good run looks like itl be tight should be absolutely bouncin , any old firm stil beats any other game ive been at

7. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    this one will be special, the first ones always are, cant wait. I hope our new players can handle the pressure

8. boruc's ball

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, o'dea
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    personally i dont think u shud need a drink 2 get up for an o** f*** game

tho it definitely does affect the atmosphere, the best atmosphere's i have experienced have been the night ones

9. socbhoy

im always too nervous to truly enjoy the huns games never missed one in 10 years and i must say the only time i enjoy them is when im back home watching the highlights after we have one .their are few better things in life than beating those dirty orange *. i think we are due a win as its been years since we have won the first old firm game of the season. we have a good chance my only concern is our lack of pace in the middle of the defence. loovens is a accident waiting to happen i always fear the worst when he is in the team apart from that we are alot better than last year we have the players to hurt them and if we can get to the bye line and get balls in we will score goals. im sure lenny will have them fired up to go to war and of course us the fans have a big part to play. im sure the atmosphere will be rocking and hopefully we will score a few quick goals and go on and win the game comfortably

10. the winger

good luck guys for your first game i m heading for between my 65-70 o** f*** game and trust me on this the nerves dont subside the older you get :shamrock:

11. sammybobo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Been to 20 or 30 of them. Atmosphere has gone. If it were a toss up between going there or a bit of good *.....the game would take a poor back seat.:icon_mrgreen:

12. HAGIESBAR

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenrye
    Youl love it mate, I think the atmosphere will be better atthis one than in recent years.

13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda

Except for the drinking part I know what you mean :86: I absolutely hate these games with a passion :54: I'm absolute wreck until the final whistle and I hate they way we all get held back at the end so that they can get to their buses :47: Mind you if they didn't there would most likely be a riot :56:

14. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Now yr talking :56:wonder how much hubby want to get lucky that day :icon_mrgreen:

15. Tommo

Is theyre anywhere to go before the game?? wheres the best places to go after?

16. kilsythbhoy.

bairds is brilliant after or before every home game mate:50: always packed though !

17. Sloany

Just head to the gallogate mate, there are loads of pubs there you can go to before and after the game. Personally i go to a wee pub at the start of the gate (cant remember the name), its a mixed joint, but its never busy and has a pool table, so it suits me and my mate nicely. 2.55 a guinness aswell, canny beat it :)

18. The The Hand

:56: In theory yes.

But in practice what's the * scoop there? She wants to have * at the exact time of an Old Firm game? I'm all for a bit of perversion, but you can't encourage that sort of thing: mind games at work, thin end of the wedge.

Go to the game, get pished, and tell her "true love waits". :50:

19. robbie7cfc

does anyone know if and when the tickets will go on general sale? cheers bhoys and ghirls :celt_2::shamrock:

20. kilsythbhoy.

i was in the ticket office today relocating my season ticket, n heard the bhoy sayin ther was only 377 tickets left all restricted view, that was about 3 oclock today.