1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

are we stronger

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by bebackman, Sep 2, 2010.

Discuss are we stronger in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bebackman

Fav Celtic Player:
    broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    after the transfer window are we stronger this season and better placed to cope with injuries and suspensions in our quest for the title.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Of course we are stonger...brought in Stokes and got rid of Fortune.:icon_mrgreen:

3. kokisrice

yeah we are stronger all over the pitch....imo a far better balance to the team

4. jcwelsh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WILLIE MALEY
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CNicola%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Financially Yes, It is good to know that if there is problem come January that we have the money to rectify it.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    On the park, I am not sure. It all depends how we set the team out. Maloney looked good against Motherwell but in the end, only for the penalty the game would have ended 0-0.
    Even after Motherwell went down to 10 men with 20 minutes to go, we didn’t look like adding to the tally, to me that is not a good sign.

5. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Player for player we are stronger, once we get the chemistry right tactically and the players become accustomed to each others style of play we should be a really strong outfit in my opinion. We need to get things right AND keep winning games though.

6. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    we are stronger, but I do think that there are areas that could have been dealt with better, i.e. GK and defense. Zaluska & Forster are not better than Boruc, and our wingers are not better than McGeady, although he had dipped a fair bit recently and needed to move, as did Boruc.
    But our defense is still better, our midfield is miles better and we have signed 2 strikers who look like they know where the goal is. So yes we are stronger, but not by that much and may have to get in another versatile FB and a CB in Jan. Just need to see how htings pan out.

7. shendr18

we are stronger throughout and have quality coming off the bench no ones position is dead cert so everyone is fighting for their place in the team and will hopefully stop players slacking off and taking their place for granted. I think big sammy will have to up his game considerably if he is to get in the team as a striker

8. bebackman

Fav Celtic Player:
    broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    totally agree once the players have more game time together i think we will go from strenght to strenght

9. Bamboozle

players aside, the mentality of Lennon's team is far stronger than any team under Mowbray, Lennon has them fighting to win & fighting for their places, once they gel we'll have a good team on our hands.

Quality aside the SPL is about rolling up your sleeves somethings, we didnt have this under TM, its back with a bang with NL.

10. AD1967

Fav Celtic Song:
    love a good walk on
    we are way stronger. bit of a no brainer if you ask me.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We have far greater individual quality and have brought in players in the problem positions, whether it works or gels is another matter.

12. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Far better squad:

We used to have a dozen midfielders and none of them impressed or gave you the confidence that they could make an impact on a game. Now we have a solid batch that will push each other to get in the starting 11<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    We have two starting strikers again, first time in a while<o:p></o:p>
    The defence has got a bit of depth but i am not sure yet if it has improved...Keeper yet to be established, no guaranteed starting centre half pairing, a untried left back, with no (Mulgrew) cover and right back that looks good in the opposition half....<o:p></o:p>
    All in All pleased, but still some work to do.....<o:p></o:p>

13. leeso-ardoyne

14. Mr. Slippyfist

The only thing i'm not happy with is that we didn't get rid of a few more.

However if no-one makes bids...we can't get rids!

15. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Our two main strikers havent played together though. I think the will provide the finishing touches. I have no doubt about that.

The only department of our team that is weaker is the goalkeeper position. Both Zaluska and Forster are more than capable of playing well in the SPL though so i'm happy.

Defence - Stronger. Hopefully Rogne and Dan can strike up a partnership. We have 4 centre backs who are good at SPL which is a big plus in terms of depth. Are the four of them good defenders? No. I would say on Rogne and Dan are but we only need players for the SPL this season.

Wing backs - Both Wing back areas have good first choice. Back up there ok for the SPL again good depth.

Midfield - Defenitly stronger - Quality throughout.

Forwards - In terms of our own players last year (i.e. not Kamara or Keane) we are definetly stronger.

All in all. Were stronger in every department. Also have good depth in the squad.

16. pelethebhoy

Gk - unfit boruc vs Forster

verdict - weaker - boruc makes the odd clanger but his experience and shotstopping was world class.

Defence - all of strachan/mobrays backline have left, with an experienced leader brought in in majstorovic and 2 international fast and strong wing backs been recruited.

Verdict - defence has looked shaky so far, but can't be judged until they get a run of games together

Midfield - Lennon has recruited "fighters" who will all work for each other. They are all box to box players who have energy and drive. Lennon had to sacrafice mcgeady in order to recruit kayal, ledley and Juarez, 3 young international class players at a fraction of the 9.5m we recieved from mcgeady. This represents excellent buisiness and the side has been significantly improved.

Verdict - better midfield that doesn't rely on 1 player.

Attack - keane was a top notch striker, but was only on loan so an unfit ras, fortune and sameras vs hooper, stokes and sameras can only be decided on 1 factor - GOALS

Verdict - Better attack strikers should eclipse output from last term with 2 fast, robust finishers.

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We will have 2 strikers who will play in there rightful positions, the midfield is stronger and hopefully the defence will keep the back door shut, i feel overall we are better equipt now than we were last season..............:50:

18. OverandOver

definitely, especially in midfield and hopefully Stokes and Hooper will be a deadly combo

19. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

i hope so, after watching the Motherwell game you would not say so, i know jig saw pieces were missing lets just get our strongest out in the field and work from there

20. marco1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean south

Of course we are we have loads of strength in depth we have a quality mid and a great forward line, the only downside is we only brought one cb in but 3 clean sheets in the spl, is looking good so far, long may it continue. hail hail