1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Utrecht V Celtic - Post Match Analysis

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Aidzo 09, Aug 26, 2010.

Discuss Utrecht V Celtic - Post Match Analysis in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CelticFC1967

yeah Kayal really does look a great talent, he will go on to a big club in a few years i reckon. Our away form is terrible yet we have an excellent home record - its frustrating. Cheers for the info on Shecter mate, he sounds a good player:icon_mrgreen::50:

2. Dazzzdelux

I think it's wrong to blame any 1 person. Everyone was *. I'm gutted we're out, even a bit angry, but when it comes down to it it's still a new team. I'm not gonna demand a fire sale, and certainly not this early.yes we need a new keeper and striker, but that doesn't make it Sammy,fortune and zaluskas fault, they were no worse than everyone else weather they need selling or not is another argument.

Now is the time to ask yourselves the question.

Am I a supporter - thus going to support
    Or
    Am I a fan who will sing when we're winning but walk away when we're not.

3. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Samararse has not scored in 19 games and fortune cost us a FORTUNE

They are NOT even good enough for the SPL.

4. Breenzo

Funny how perspective can be restored after a couple hours to calm down! Hopefully, this is a blessing in disguise. 100% focus on winning back the title!:celt_2:

5. combene

if i was going to walk away after a loss, do you think i'd be spouting off bollox on here? having a go at people looking to vent doesn't make you a better supporter. just sayin

6. Aidzo 09

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Just Cant Get Enough!
    good question mate. for me i am embarssed about some of the comments on here from some fans tonight. absolutley ridiculous. i obv understand that it is tough. we all make sacrifices to see celtic but some think they are special and deserve the most attention. fankly, we need to get behind the team.:shamrock:

7. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Will always be a supporter but like many on here - These 2 in particular are taking the * with their performances NOT good last year and NEVER fit enough to wear the hoops. So i want to know why does Lennon pick these 2 jokers and have that other clown as captain. what is it with our managers and their favourites !!!! Strachan and Beckenbauer Caldwell look how that turned out.

8. Dazzzdelux

I don't mind the venting, Christ knows I was * off too.

And perhaps fortune and Sammy do need replacing, but it's not their fault we lost tonight.

9. Dazzzdelux

I don't mind the venting, Christ knows I was * off too.

And perhaps fortune and Sammy do need replacing, but it's not their fault we lost tonight.

10. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Did i say it was their fault we lost

11. Vic the Brick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/PVH/McNeil
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    This is * ridiculous. 48 hours ago most on here were saying we were like the 70's dutch team and gonna go to the Europa final. I had a feeling we would go out. Has everyone forgot our away European form? I fully expected this and am not upset by it in the slightest.

This is our level. I keep saying it. We are a small team from an even smaller league. We are no bigger or better than Utrech. Only our ridiculous fans see it any other way.

And talk about being fickle. After the Braga game everyone of the team was * and should be sold, Lennon to be sacked and the board to give up control. 2 weeks later, this was the most positive forum in the land. We were amazing, Lennon was the right man, signings were brilliant and Brown and Fortune were playing well. We promoted Forrest to the first team and after 2 games he was worth 20mil. 24 hours later, it's back to the team is * and should be sold, Lennon to be sacked and the board to go.

Grow the * up all of you. Last time I looked we were still in the SPL. A competition we have not won for 2 years.

Our level of club at the moment can only ever imagine to win the SPL and do no more. You think Rangers will do any better? They will get humped in every game. Because that is the level of SPL teams, even the top ones.

I am going to support our team to win the league, I am never going to get carried away. If we don't win it, then we will try again next year.

We are in a period of transition at the moment and all our best laid plans will be scuppered by our pathetic, fickle fans.

Mon the hoops, Mon the Lennon and Hail Hail!

12. jcwelsh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WILLIE MALEY
    It has to lie at someones door......

I don't blame sammy or fortuné. Can hardly be thier fault we lost 4 goals. This game should not have been about scoring.

The defence has to take the blame again as well as the inept capability to pass the ball around the field once again.

13. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    having had a few hours to let the result sink in, i feel as supporters and as a club we have to accept this embarrassment tonight and move on. lets face it, the simple fact is we are not the team that punched above its weight in europe (even then our away record was *!) anymore, inferior players inevitably leads to inferior results.

we were spineless, gutless, all the adjectives you want to use tonight, a disgrace. but its not the time for the doom merchants crying out "sack lennon, sack the board (there was athread up withing seconds of FT :rolleyes:), sack samaras (yes he was back to his woeful worst tonight but truthfully every single member of that team was *); that is what our rivals on and off the pitch will want

we just have to accept that we are simply not good enough for the european arena anymore; but this is a new team, new manager, we need to get behind them for the league starting this sunday!

personally, i think tonight is a blessing in disguise, an early european exit didnt do Gordon Strachans team any harm in the long run; if anything it forced the players old and new to realize the kind of standards we expect as a club; how we come back from this will be the true indicator of the mental toughness of this team, something which was evidently lacking tonight

so all in all, i'm angry with the loss but in the long run this may be the making of Neil Lennon's Celtic

14. Aidzo 09

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    super post mate :50: keep the faith

15. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    :50:

16. Aidzo 09

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    another great post:50:

17. Dazzzdelux

No but I assume by "these 2 jokers" your talking about them in relation to tonights game

And besides my comment wasn't aimed at you, it was a general statement being as they seem to often be the scapegoat

18. Hez

Fav Celtic Player:
    Efrain Juarez, Gary Hooper, Jos Hoovield, Joe Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone/ Let The People Sing.
    Been praying for weeks that we'd show Sammy the door during this window. I'm all for supporting and willing any player on who wears the Hoops but i'm growing tired of his dreadful performances. :38:

I'm gutted there's no European football this season and from what i've heard, it was quite a gutless display tonight. Really disappointing after all the hype from the weekend. However, 100% concentration on the SPL now and hopefully we can get that title back where it belongs. :shamrock:

19. Rooneybhoy

well, celtic....what am i mean to say?..........................<WBR></WBR>..............................<WBR></WBR>....

faithful through and through...a slight glitch in the the lennon war machine, but we need the league this year at least...then we can think about europe! x

20. Vic the Brick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/PVH/McNeil
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    My * was Strachan right.

All these idiots saying sack this, get rid of that are sitting at home stroking their divil dugs baws while swigging their can of super lager.