1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

My Band/Music: Mark Rooney and Band

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Rooneybhoy, Aug 19, 2010.

Discuss My Band/Music: Mark Rooney and Band in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rooneybhoy

Hey,

Just a few links to my band's music, we're doing really well at the moment, supported Mark Morriss of the Bluetones on Aug 6th, playing a gig with Mike Joyce of The Smiths in November, and just signed a record deal with Angry Badger Records....

Some feedback would be awesome!

Mark Rooney | Facebook

Mark Rooney on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Thanks muchly

P.S Here's our latest review of our album:

Mark Rooney And The Band - Welcome To Concrete Being slightly geographically challenged as they are, Mark Rooney And The Band find themselves spread between Southampton, Lincoln and Glasgow, band practice must be a nightmare. Over coming the obvious location issues they have still managed to produce a well rounded debut, 11 tracks of inner city indie. The Libertines influence is immediate, both vocally and lyrically but this is quickly joined by a myriad of other British indie touchstones. First track (and album title) ‘Welcome To Concrete’ wears its Barat/Doherty influence proudly. Running down the same well worn gritty city streets and rubbing shoulders with the same drug dealers and multitude of shady characters, but it does have a flair of its own and lyrical flourishes such as “how do you survive weighing 165 in the city where the skinny kids die” is a line Alex Turner would be proud of. In fact this is one of the most promising things about the album, the comparisons to Arctic Monkeys, Libertines et al are not derogatory as lyrically the album holds its own alongside these indie heavyweights, no track sounds like a carbon copy and there are many great turns of phrase throughout the CD. ‘Death’s The Best’ channels Oasis rock and is followed by the made for radio ‘Losing My Mind’ with the simple strummed acoustic building to a suitably catchy chorus, showcasing Mark’s strong vocals. ‘Jaxon’s House’ sounds like the kind of tune that will get the crowd going, cut loose live I imagine this will soundtrack many manly hugs after one too many sherbets. This is a debut full of promise, solid if not always spectacular tunes but never less than enjoyable and this certainly a band I will want to see live as I feel many of the tracks on offer will really shine on the stage. Angry Badger Jules

2. Rooneybhoy

nae feedback? lol

3. Rooneybhoy

bump...