1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Majstorovic to Celtic!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sebelon, Aug 13, 2010.

Discuss Daniel Majstorovic to Celtic! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kennydal

2nd paragraph mate your spot on ,it is not all about speed [it helps] but if you have someone who can read a game very well ,instinct takes them towards the ball ,he can see danger before it happens an so on which i would say Celtic havent had a defender like him in a few years.

2. LeetabiX. Guest

[YOUTUBE]h5tqEBUCnzc[/YOUTUBE]

3. celticfc482

i say wait till hes been tested, the midweek game and motherwell, hibs, rangers etc will show how good he really is

4. Firefly

Fav Celtic Player:
    Was Lubo, Now Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On or Let The People Sing
    Haha nice one Leetabix, good to see he has previous Hunskelping credentials :50: Cant wait to see him get stuck right intoo them this year :icon_mrgreen:

5. SuperNick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson / McStay / Pierre Van Hooijdonk / Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coming home
    He's class catching the ball on his chest and passing it out. He looks to pass it to someone other than the other cb- which is great for a change

6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's able to clean any fuckup other teammates cause. Something we lacked before. I also think we'll be better in defensive set pieces with him in there. Very commanding in the air.

7. greenstatus

Dans the man.....at last we have a leader on the pitch.

8. Silent Singer

he's a class act for sure, his clearing headers reach 35-40 yds which is great for any dfender.

9. limezer

10. Irish-rebel1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, Aidan Mcanespie
    Class:icon_mrgreen:, Big Jan Vennegoors no happy lol

11. jiko

One of my bugbears in recent seasons is how easily we allowed mediocre teams to have periods of sustained pressure in our half..
    A long diagonal ball down towards our corner flag to the likes of a lone striker in the mould of Stokes , Mehmet , Mackie , Miller , Sandaza , Novo for instance and more often than not it would cause enough panic among our back 4 that we'd concede corners and throw-ins deep inside our own half that would inevitably lead to another corner or set piece and eventually a goal..
    Now that it looks like we have defenders who can move a ball quickly back up the pitch rather than just hoofing it out the park the way they are facing , could give us major opportunities to turn defence into attack within seconds..
    Big Danny has shown already that he can react quickly to clear the ball when it's played in and around our box and Jos has shown some really good passing and also shifts the ball early.. The pair of them (as well as Rogne and Thompson to be fair) have won the vast majority of balls in the air , compared to what was here before..
    The signs look very good..

12. Shen

this guy will be great for us :50:

13. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    looks decent player ! anyone else see his meaty challenge yesterday lol , nae fecking aboot ! just throws himself towards the ball , and his heading skills look decent two , i predict he will get a few goals via set pieces this season

14. stuartw1888

if your a betting man he is 40/1 in coral and only 25/1 in hills for first goal on thursday, think i'll put a couple of bucks on him, i think he'll score a few goals this year for us

15. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    40/1 is worth a fiver like !

16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Again like Kayal it's only 2 games so you don't want to get carried away. But the fact is the center of our defense has been a major weakness in the team for a couple of seasons now and I loved what I have seen from Majstorovic so far. Strong no nonesense in the tackle and in the air. Seems to have some personality and an air of authority about his game.

17. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    u cant help but get carried away tho m8 , we have been so bad in certain positions of late and these players are showing ppl how its done ! its a good thing to get carried away every so often :50:

18. KMD1951

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish, Davie Provan, Henrik Larsson
    This guy looks absolute class. He can pass the ball, he can tackle, good in the air and composed. Bobo Balde with ability in my book.