1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Man City agree fee for David Silva

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Scouserchris, Jun 30, 2010.

Discuss Man City agree fee for David Silva in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scouserchris

Skysportsnews.

2. mmmikey

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay, Moravcik, Di Canio, LARSSON!
    Genuine top class signing. Fair enough he's had a poor WC but this is the kind of guy Man City are craving to attract. Silva and Robinho wide? Tevez and Adebayor up0 top? Oh man.

They are lacking that creativity in the centre of midfield though - Toure coming in, De Jong a good player, Barry not exactly "attacking". If I were them I'd pull out the stops to get Ozil.

3. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I think Silva will play that role mate.

Cannot believe that Man City want to get rid of De Jong but :56: He was one of there best players last season.

4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    hope they do well next season....just to get it up the man u glory hunters

5. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

He's either a great success or a flop. Not sure how he's gonna deal with his new environments, he's a sensitive player.

6. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Done deal 5year deal , :56:he thinks he is going to a club to win something aye right , another top class player wasted by going to a diddy club ,

Manchester City have reached an agreement with Valencia over the transfer of David Silva.
    http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/June/Manchester-City-announce-signing-of-David-Silva
    The player’s advisers and officials from both clubs have finalised the details over a four-year contract, which will bring the 24-year-old to City of Manchester Stadium. He will complete his medical and officially become a City player once his involvement in the World Cup is over.
    Speaking from his South Africa base, where he is currently fully focussed on his involvement with the Spanish national side preparing for Saturday’s World Cup Quarter Final clash against Paraguay, Silva expressed his delight at securing his move to City.
    He said: “Firstly I would like to thank Valencia as a club and all of their loyal fans, and my team mates there and staff. I have enjoyed six years at Valencia, they discovered me as a footballer and they will always be a special club for me.
    “The time is right for me to seek a new challenge, and I am thrilled about playing in England with Manchester City. I believe the Premier League is one of the best competitions in the world and I want to bring success to City and win trophies for them.

Manchester City have reached an agreement with Valencia over the transfer of David Silva.

The player’s advisers and officials from both clubs have finalised the details over a four-year contract, which will bring the 24-year-old to City of Manchester Stadium. He will complete his medical and officially become a City player once his involvement in the World Cup is over.
    Speaking from his South Africa base, where he is currently fully focussed on his involvement with the Spanish national side preparing for Saturday’s World Cup Quarter Final clash against Paraguay, Silva expressed his delight at securing his move to City.
    He said: “Firstly I would like to thank Valencia as a club and all of their loyal fans, and my team mates there and staff. I have enjoyed six years at Valencia, they discovered me as a footballer and they will always be a special club for me.
    “The time is right for me to seek a new challenge, and I am thrilled about playing in England with Manchester City. I believe the Premier League is one of the best competitions in the world and I want to bring success to City and win trophies for them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
  7. Scouserchris

As city fans will tell you '' we can have the best players in the world but we're still city''. Silva is a littloe lightweight not sure how he will do.

8. markeyboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Looked poor in WC but for Valencia he looks class, not sure how he will do in premiership

9. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    How exactly are City a diddy club, there a club trying to progress and and go on to win league cups etc. Quite a pathetic statement tbh.

10. Wilkie1888

I agree if you look at how they play now and were they are and think to back when they had vassel up front? different teams and definetly in with a shout for the prem why not with a strike force like that :)

11. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Quite a pathetic statement tbh.

How is it im a utd fan so City to me are a diddy club , like us Celtic fans call Rangers a diddy club .
    the lad is a world class player who will be wasted going to city he is only going there for the money , Barca never wanted him nor did Real madrid who looked esle where after intrest , Utd Chelsea was intrested but never made any offer he only had City to join ,
    City are like Chelsea will just bid funny money now to stop the bigger clubs buying the players they wanted , Chelsea did it with Essien and Robben to Utd , City did it with Tevez and Robinho ,

12. CelticFC1967

pretty much every player in the EPL only goes there for the money though

Man Utd did the same thing for years

13. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Man Utd did the same thing for years

Yes but the money the club made was spent Utd was build up over the years from the ground up , money came from success of the club. not some rich sugar Daddy .

14. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Yip, you only spent money that you made which is why you have no debt :rolleyes:

15. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I for one wouldnt mind 'some rich sugar daddy' here at celtic.

16. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry

17. albashamrock

They are also expected to sign Yaya Toure soon.Wouldn't mind Stephen Ireland here. Would never happen though.

18. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

19. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    the debts not from over spending on players, you think utd spent 800m on players recently, nah wouldnt think it.
    Its the glazers debt which they have carried over from thier buissneses in america, not utds. The clubs still makes more money than the rest of the clubs in the EPL. ( REVENUE)
    And i highly doubt city will finish above utd, theyll be 5th / 6th imo. Its a mentality thing, liverpool and spurs will be above them imo.
    And if utd sign a creative midfielder and possibly a CB i think thatl be enough for them to win the league, theyve already got hernandez who looks class.

And BTG ronaldo was a nobody at one time. Fergie doesnt buy big name players just for the * of it, he signs players to fit the team.
    Silva's a good signing but like scousechris said im not sure how he'll cope in the EPL because of its physicality .

20. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ceasar, Maestro, Lubo, Henrik, Naka, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Here's hoping thats Bellemy surplus to requirements & they give him to us on a free.