1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Signings so far??

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shendr18, Jun 25, 2010.

Discuss Signings so far?? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. shendr18

What worries people more the fact that we havent signed anyone yet or the fact that the same players from last year are still on the clubs books.

I know its hard to buy and sell during the world cup but with pre season starting in july and champions league qualifiers not to far away do you not think we should be getting the players together as quickly as possible?? so that they can 'gel' which was one of the problems with mowbary. Buying to many players who hadnt played together and throwing them in the deep end.

I dont want to panic everyone but at the sametime i dont want to be relying on the january sales to buy in most of our players or the high calibar signings

I am a firm believer that if you get a team that plays together and know there role you can create a very good team without having to spend a great deal that can give the better teams a run for their money.

Take north korea and japan for instance there team is not full of talent but they all play well and have shown to be capable of playing against the top.

Before you start i know north korea got beat 7-0 off portugal but i never said they would win every game !!!:shamrock:

2. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    just be paitent! they will come!

3. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    It will happen when it happens until then enjoy the sun :50:

4. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Relax. The transfer window isn't open yet, there's loads of time. Buying players right now wouldn't help them gel any more than buying players next week.

5. shendr18

THANKS GUYS IF WE BUILD IT THEY WILL COME

just dont want to end up taking the abuse that we got last season i suppose alot will also rely on what happens at rangers if they start selling players i could see the board being reluctant to bring in the big money signings

6. horseshoe

I don't know why anyone is freaking about the lack of activity when the window isn't even open yet, if we get midway into july and there's still nothing that's the time to start * it.

7. CelticFC1967

i think everyone feels your frustrations mate - i know i do but its not like we aren't gong to sign anyone. It's a tricky time to do business just now and i agree that we can't try and just rely on January again like last year. We need to get a settled squad and an organised team in by the Champions league qualifier to give it a fair crack but i'm not sure how feasible it is

8. Ryan1967

The players that are still on the books are my biggest concern - Loovens and Samaras in partcular

9. Mr. Slippyfist

Thing is if nobody buys them...tough * we'll just have to use them if needed. Hopefully somebody will do us a favour though, but i'm sure we might start hearing about some real transfer stuff from parkhead next week:50:

10. CelticFC1967

i just hope Strachan is in generous mood:50:

11. samson81

Fav Celtic Player:
    It certainly isn't Loovens
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over

Dunno where everyone gets this idea from.

Transfer window opens in Britain, the day after the last domestic game, usually the cup final. Bosmans rarely move until 1st July, as their contracts aren't up until, in most cases, 30th June.

LOADS OF TIME??????????? When do we go back to pre-season?? We fly out to America for a pointless tour in a fortnight/3 weeks. We play 4 meaningless games there. Come back for 5-6 days, then play a champions league qualifier 1st leg. then back for 2-3 days, then london, for emirates cup, then 2-3 days later, 2nd leg of champions league qualifier.

All the players should have been in by now, or at least some of them.

Thenames being banded about - Campbell, Bullard, Lawerence, St.Ledger, were all about season tickets. Since season ticket deadline day, we have had one story about SOL, and that was Thompson saying that he had bought a house near him.

The board have done this every year that i've had a season ticket(the year the north stand opened), We have been linked with 'Blue Chip' signings until we need to renew, then we get * all afterwards.

We need to get players in BEFORE training starts.

12. Rosleabhoy

Ah the board are to blame for rumours now.... Deary me any excuse

13. horseshoe

In England, not Britain.

Us along with Spain, Italy, France and Germany all start July 1st, England is the exception.

That's the way I've understood it to be for a while, unless it's been changed and I've not noticed, or I'm just plain imagining it.

14. Rosleabhoy

1st July I think

15. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    It is important for the management team to have a good look at the squad in pre-season, see what positions need improvement and which players need to be moved on.
    They should not rush into signing players just to please the fans. lennon, having worked with the younger kids, might have a couple of the younger players who can be brought into the first team plans.
    As we saw with the last eight games, he has the ability to motivate the players and grind out results. However he does need a couple of experienced leaders in the first team.

16. Rosleabhoy

Whether Lennon is on a beach or at CP is irrelevant. Business can be done anywhere these days. He isn't the man doing contracts anyway.

17. Ryan1967

Transfer window doesn't officially open till 1st of July yet Wolves have still signed 7 players so that can't be used as an excuse

18. samson81

Fav Celtic Player:
    It certainly isn't Loovens
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    Kevin Kyle signed for hearts, so scottish window is open

19. Rosleabhoy

free transfers (out of contract players) can move at any time. 1st of july for other transfers in Scotland. (I think)

20. horseshoe

So? Wolves aren't a scottish team, it's irrelevant, the english window opens at the end of the season, ours doesn't.