1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sol Campbell *All threads merged*

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Zander, May 19, 2010.

Discuss Sol Campbell *All threads merged* in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Forget campbell, lets go for lucio.......:celt_2:

2. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    * spending £30k a week on him. He’s not worth it. If we want to make a big signing it should be up front and that sort of money should be used there. * him can’t even be bothered turning up for the first qualifier. Jog on Sol!

3. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    Looks like he is hanging on til he see how we get on in the qualifiers before signing.we need to set the deadline not him after all we are Celtic and he is a 35yr old defender

4. Boom Stick

:56::56:

5. CelticFC1967

i have to agree with the sentiment that both Lennon and Lawwell are being weak in a sense. Campbell is testing us to see how much he can get away with - firstly we allow him to go on holiday even when we have important games and now he has went one step further and will take his time. I seems that both Lawwell and Lenny are desperate to get him and everything will be done on Sol's terms so as to not put him off. Get shot of him as he is * us around and move on to other targets. He won't even start training until 2 weeks before the SPL starts - not good enough. We must move on to other targets and invest elsewhere

6. SuperNick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson / McStay / Pierre Van Hooijdonk / Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coming home
    They're both players if you believe what you hear ! :icon_mrgreen:

7. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The best fans in the world...aye...:rolleyes: Calling the man gay, saying all he needs is a phone for pleasure and calling him a money grubber.

Give the man some time. He has to decide were he is going to spend two or more years of his life (he wants to coach), it's good to see that family comes before football so I have no problem with him missing one game for a honeymoon and there could be so many contributing factors that we have no idea about. The most ridiculous thing is that he hasnt even said no to us and signed for Arsenal. Go back and read some of the other post and then skip to today and read them. It's embarrassing.

8. doctor venglos

Agree with you mate. It is embarassing hearing fellow Celtic supporters
    insinuating about Campbell's sexual preferences. Sammy gets it too just because he likes to groom his hair, and Loovens has had pops at him for the same thing.

Some people should have a good look at themselves in the mirror. They are not perfect themselves. :54:

9. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

no one is having a go because he's gay. I was just wondering if he's husband is a player or not. it's ok to ask when they are hetero, but it's not allowed to ask when they are homosexual. that leads me to question who really has a problem with it.

anyway he's acting like so many, he wants, then he doesn't want, he needs more, he still doesn't know. Boring and pointless, I wish the media would stop writing down every single step. I'm just interested in his final decision, if he wants to come or not.

10. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hmm :31: No bigotry involved in that comment at all Immortal.

And if your tired of reading about every step then stop reading and just wait to see what his final decision is.

11. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Its not bigotry as it was reported in the paper thats what he done. I like big sol as a player and I think he would be an excellent signing and I like the fact he is keeping us updated with his situation.

12. Bozza

Fav Celtic Player:
    K T
    if sol wanted to sign he would have by now, he's had a long enough holiday and is just waitin to see if the gunners want him back.

we can't wait about until after the CL qualifyer, we should cut the ties before he does and go for someone else.

13. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Don't backpedal to fast mate, I too like that he is keeping us updated and also think he would be a perfect signing. And for amusement sakes I would love to see that article on how Sol pleasures himself with cheap Nokia phones, I'm sure if it does exist it was most likely in the top publication in the UK.

14. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I always thought Campbell could do a good job for us for a season or two. The more I hear of him coming here to check us out first and to see if our ambition matches his the more I'm thinking what a total lack of respect he showing us as a club. It's sounding more than more that he is already giving himself an excuse to * off if things don't go well for him, or if he plays brilliantly and his head gets turned by a EP or Spanish club halfway through the season.

As for him wanting to go on his honeymoon first before training (note:honeymoon NOT holiday) That's fair enough his honeymoon has been arranged before our interest.

All in all I'm slowly going from thinking this would be a brilliant signing to thinking I won't be that fussed if we don't manage to get him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
  15. sickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Keane, Kamara, Boruc and Hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone, This Land Is Your Land:D
    Im with rocknrolla! Its a complete joke turning on him because he hasnt signed yet! He wouldnt sign either if he read some of the comments posted on here! Certainly not the best supporters in the world on here!

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's *, and he's having second thoughts. * off.

17. Scarecrow

safe to say you don't watch much football.

the guys twice the defender of anybody in scotland ffs :56: he's also recently married so its a big part of his life what he chooses to do as he'd likely need to move up here.

get a grip ffs.

18. Bozza

Fav Celtic Player:
    K T
    he WOULD be a good signin but a another month to decide is crazy, we need an experianced CB before that.
    he could sign then go on his honeymoon or is he waitin to see if we progress in the CL before he puts pen to paper.

19. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    i think if he wants to decide his future at the end of the month? then this tells me perhaps he might stay with arsenal?if he wanted to sign for us really? then i think he would have done this by now. after all we have offered him a 2 year contract! 35g a week and i have the feeling the captaincey too?

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    J. Paulista came here as a big signing, supposed to trash the league, but he was *. Also, the only Englishman who was brilliant here, since I became a fan of Celtic, was Alan Thompson. So, excuse me for doubting the ˝English players are the best in the world!˝ pish. We can't afford players waiting on their decision for a month anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.