1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do with Fortune?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JohnMcGuire1994, May 11, 2010.

Discuss What to do with Fortune? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JohnMcGuire1994

Fav Celtic Player:
    Was McDonald. Now I'd say Maloney even though he is injured but awell.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Personally, I would sell him. Hasn't really done enough as a striker. Scored a few belters. Old Firm. But not good enough.

2. rossbhoy86

Keep him , been playin a lot better under Lennon and really looked a handful in Old Firm . Finally settlin in should c more from him next season . keep him :50:

3. maldoon2007

Keep him, he is a great partner for a goal scorer, can hold the ball up well, can turn a defender brilliantly and has pace and power.

This was his first season in a season that was bad for most of the players, Give him another season to prove what he has got coz I have sen an improvement in him recently.

4. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    I think he could be a decent player. Started off very slow but can't doubt his strength and work-rate. If he could get more goals, improve his first touch I think he could be a good player. His main fault is his price tag, too mcuh for someone who won't score, can't control the ball great.
    I'll admit I was slating him like * through the season but in the last few months he seems to be doing that wee bit more to prove he can make it here. He is on a good length contract so if he doesn't have a great year next year or we sign a better replacement then sell him. No need to be hasty at the moment.

5. Tim{e}4ten

Fav Celtic Player:
    ever--john collins
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Gladly take £3mil for him,he's not a good striker.

6. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Keep him. It's his first season and I think he's done well.

7. Mince.Charming

far 2 inconsistent !!! but a cant see anybody wantin to buy him for the same money we payed.

8. mairilouise

I think we could do better for 4 mill but who's going to give us back anywhere near that for him.... Probably no option but to keep him for the meantime!

9. JackR

do you reckon if mowbray gets the coventry job he will come in for him

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
  10. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

I think Kamara is a very similar type to Fortune but with a way cheaper pricetag. I see Fortune runs a lot, works his socks off, but for £4 mio we could get somebody that does the same plus scoring goals too.

I would try to sell him for at least £3.5 - 4 mio. there's surely a silly english side paying that amount of money out there.

11. Keane7

Fortune should be giving team, he will be better next season and he will settle, hes been under some amount of pressure this season because of his price tag, he saved us from a hammering in Europe against Rapid, he's scored some useful goals to get us points, him and Rasmussen can work next season imo.

12. AD1967

Fav Celtic Song:
    love a good walk on
    id keep him. the people that want to sell him are the ones that expect nothing but goals from a striker, nothing less. he may not be the man to top the goal scoring charts but if we get him playing up top next to a poacher type e.g. rasmussen then we will see many many goals from the partnership.

13. JohnMcGuire1994

Fav Celtic Player:
    Was McDonald. Now I'd say Maloney even though he is injured but awell.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Ok then, what would you rather? A striker who runs and is strong but scores under 15 goals a season (Fortune) or a striker who does not run alot but can score over 25 goals a season (McDonald)

14. Keane7

Who really cares about McDonald, hes not a Celtic player anymore.

15. AD1967

Fav Celtic Song:
    love a good walk on
    football is a team game, the league is not always won by the team with the top goal scorer. as long as the goals come, who really cares where they come from? fortunes movement and his strength is enough to drag defenders left right and centre, with someone in the middle of the box e.g. rasmussen, along with fortune dragging a CB out wide creating a 1v1 in the centre then i can see that partnership and the team scoring lots of goals. is that not good enough for you?

16. Markybhoy

I voted don't know.

I think MAF has some good qualities and at times looks as though he's a very useful player. There are however other times where he looks too passive and lacks any conviction in front of goal.

If we keep him I'll be happy to give him a second chance, if we sell him I won't be that bothered.

17. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    I would give him another season, pair him with a poacher (Ramsussen) - I think that's when we'll see Fortune at his best.

Also because Fortune is so good at bringing others into play, by holding up the ball - it would help to have a midfielder who can find the net.

18. gunt

Fortune-Kamara-Samaras=luxury players who do not play any one position that well. Sell.

19. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

Definatly keep him. Just try get him to be more selfish and try go for goal more. I understand he is a link up player, but sometimes he doesnt look confident to shoot. Can be trained into him, and honestly think if he has the right mentallity, can score tonnes!

20. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Sell hi far too inconsistent and buy a decent Brittish striker that can put himself about a bit like big sutty or a younger version of John Hartson .