1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Rangers Post Match Chat

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by DanniGhirl, May 4, 2010.

Discuss Celtic v Rangers Post Match Chat in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henke.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Murdoch, Henke, Jinky, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This is how it feels to be Celtic
    Watch oot Rangers. Wu only lennin ye ra SPL title. Noo wur oan fire. 7 oot ay 7 furra wee man. Watch oot as normal service is resumed fur nex season. Hail hail ra mighty hoops

2. flynny

Fav Celtic Player:
    aiden at the mo. best ever henke
    great performance from the hoops that was the passion that was missin all season. big :50: for lenny. the man has green blood. doubted his credentials for the job but in recent weeks ive been watchin a different celtic. if he can get naylor playin like that anythin is possible. should at least be given another season to stamp his authority. big change in brown the last few weeks obviously lenny has told him wats required to be a celtic centre midfielder. pity the season is endin another 8 or 9 games we might catch the huns :celt_2:

3. jiko

Honestly I'd like a training session with our players and I'd put them into groups of 5 and have them pass and move and warn them that any mishit first time passes (getting rid to avoid an incoming challenge is the way we tend to do it.. i.e watch Hinkel) that go straight to one of the other groups results in a burn from one of those hotrods they use to put horse shoes on with.. A bit of discipline required to get the message through..

4. albashamrock

I think it would have been more comfortable with Rogne or Hooiveld but we've been unlucky with injuries in that position.

5. Tomastimski

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo Moravcik
    Great result...someone remind me why did we get shot of Miller?

6. BhoyBarr

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic: Celtic Symphony. Irish: Come out ye black and tans!
    He's from the north he votes Sinn Fein, He sings a nation once again, Neil Lennon boss at Celtic Park na na na na na na na na na na na na

7. andyb1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    your talking bollox over the last 2 seasons we have been pish over a well drilled huns side who have been getting results there is no masonic consiparcy we have just been *

8. gunt

There is no question that Lenny has instilled fight. He has also brought out a bit more from a couple of players. However, I think that is about it. Its weird how much fight matters in the SPL and OF games especially. The win tonight took every sinew stretching. I would still say that was a poor game from our strikers and wingers - a collection of individuals.

9. Rachaelink

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Same shower of numpties but Lennon can get a result out of them. Fair play to Lennon. Do I want him involved with the club next season absofuckingloutely, do I think that we need some more experience in to give him some guidence yes!
    I would like an experienced manager, but Lennon has made it hard to refuse him, great start to his managerial career. Seeing him try to head in Brown's chance from the touch line was quality, I just want some experience coupled with that fire.

10. Taylor

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    get in there Lenny :icon_mrgreen:

11. Quiet Assassin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Paul McStay, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    After a win of such importance (and you know what I mean by that) the first thing you come on and post is negativity. No mention of how well Lenny's done, no mention of the change in the desire throughout the side and the fact that at 1-1 we could have let the heads drop but we didn't, we went straight up the park and scored.

And tell me how tonight is significant regarding next season? We may have a different manager next season and whether we do or not a good part of that side may not be here next season so your comment in that regard is nothing more than a smokescreen to mask your ongoing negativity and especially towards all things Lennon.

Bullshit they were tighter as a unit. They were leaving acres of space which we didn't exploit simply because we weren't chasing the game. We sat back, two banks of 4 and handled most of the problems quite well considering our back four are not a settled unit. Sure there were some scares but that was a football match, not a game of bowls!

Quick to praise the huns....very slow to praise your own side, you reek of negativity gunt :31:

12. joemc

i agree , i will take the win wotever the manner, we are poor ,and i wouldnt bet on us winning that game if it meant sumink ,but with the fight in our team and a bit of quality added who knows next year ,i would be quite happy with lennon but even happier with an experienced older manager with a bit of bite about him.

13. jiko

I can't really be arsed explaining my point which obviously never registered with you pal but I might as well :rolleyes:.. Walter Smith sits on the same number of OF wins as Jock Stein.. In the huns eyes that makes him as good a manager as Jock Stein , just as they think Barry Ferguson was better than Paul Mcstay , Kris Boyd is better than Henrik Larsson etc.. If WS wants the recognition from the inbred neanderthals that he knows he'll get , then he needs to win one more OF game and he can only do that by staying on another season..

No mention of a masonic conspiracy or whatever angle you are coming from..

14. gunt

why cant we do that fast passing swarming thing Rangers do when they attack. I know we survived it tonight but it is very hard to combat it. Basically all the players close into a tight area of the pitch and run into space at speed in every direction for each other at speed. We have had poor off the ball movement for years. In fact the last time our off the ball movement was really good was under Tommy Burns who instilled an advance passing system.

15. SuperNick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson / McStay / Pierre Van Hooijdonk / Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coming home
    tbf, we got 2 or 3 million for him and although i wanted him to stay, it was an alright deal for us. I think Strach wanted to keep him actually.

Remember him against Benfica ? And saying, 'i wish Celtic all the best in their season'- upon leaving ?

In the past now really. It something we have to live with- but if we can be successful then we wont give a toss.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Anyone that says Kamara, Keane and Fortune were poor tonight needs their eyes tested. Kamara had his best game for Celtic, Fortune bullied 2 experienced and at times dirty centre halves and Keane covered every blade of grass in the final third over 90 minutes. McGeady was running down blind alleys for the majority of the game but he isn't 'our strikers and wingers'.

17. Cerand Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott McDonald
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Way
    Great result Celtic. Takes a wee bit of the sting out of the season gone ! Thought you played with passion and commitment. Looks good for the future !
    Yes , I`d give Lenny a chance with this team. I think he deserves it.
    Bodes well for the future !
    PS. I thought we were so much better than them tonight !!!

18. stoogie 02

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Thank * for that, some spirit, pride, passion, determination & will to win back on & off the field.
    Just shows you what Mogga was missing that Lenny could get that performance out of a team that looked totally lack lustre under Mogga.

19. wetghirl

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think his heart wasn't in it, that he had no pride in the hoops. Most of the games it looked like he'd phoned in his performance. They called him Kenny Misser for a reason! :p

20. SuperNick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson / McStay / Pierre Van Hooijdonk / Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coming home
    Edu and Thomson just sit right in front of the centre halfs and depending on where the ball is, they have an extra forward with the widemen joining in with the forwards.

Its why i think Mcgeady is better through the middle because he gets more space to run there than out-wide. Likes of Davis and Lafferty get space because they support the forward a lot better than Mcgeady does.

I commented on the same thing you have and i think it is really effective- but only since Smith has been there. We need some tactical changes for sure.