1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

faithful through and through

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by loonybincat, Apr 14, 2010.

Discuss faithful through and through in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

me unless i cant, but i definately want to drag my * along tbh, you?

2. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Too rite.:50:

Al be up nice and early to shift ma hole to paradise

3. Scarecrow

hopefully not a repeat of having to do it last saturday :rolleyes:

4. loonybincat

well i guess we wont be seeing you anytime soon.
    the thing is, and let me qualify this : i go home and away and that's not bragging. my circumstances allow me the privilige to do this. i'm not so far from home so i dont have to jump thru hoops (pardon bad pun) like many do. tho i'm dreading return of inv caley....
    but i support celtic. i dont support the board. i support the man and woman and child i stand next to. To those who can go to the games, surprise surfuckingprise, you manage to make it to the old firm games eh? otherwise its watch and criticise from the comfort of yer bowling/rugby/local watering hole. at work i get more respect from the govanites. because it takes the sting out of the ribbing when they say "were you there?" and you say "yes" and they realise that you ain't no fair weather wannabe. on the bus heading back from hampden we're asked " you going to the az alkmaar game?" and we'relike "*,no"
    But we'll be there

5. P R D

I was considering not going last night. But, go I did, and got a blessing in the form of meeting Bobby Lennox in the Jock Stein stand before kick off. It was a sign, so it was.

I'll be there on Saturday. I'm not getting chased out of my Paradise by any team!

6. kennydal

The way it should be ,through thick and thin.

7. Scarecrow

thats the way its going to be tbh, for all the great times you need to accept the * times and we've been spoiled rotten for success lately, the glory hunting fans are exactly what we don't need as their attitude stinks tbh.

faithful through and through :shamrock::shamrock:

8. mallon09

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fortune or Kamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Managers change, players come and go but yer loyalty to the club shoulnt come and go depending on results. Al back Celtic for better or for worse

9. Scarecrow

gb got it spot on last night with their banner

"the badge on the front is bigger than the name on the back"

spot on, no matter who the * it is.

10. smadabhoy

Celtic fans rightly so protested.. just you go to the games then after the defeat mate off ross county and support the club, but really shoudnt you boycott the match just so the board know its not good enough and make sure the players know its not good enough.

11. gary mcguire

Fav Celtic Song:
    willy maley. YNWA, the celtic song and athenry
    excuse me pal, but your saying im not a real celtic supporter cos i didnt turn up on tuesday? you try showing up when your throwing up every half an hour. (sunstroke)it was hard enough to watch a stream. but i did.

some people have reasons for not showing up. dont just assume things

12. CelticFC1967

i was at the game and i will go to all the remaining fixtures home and away but i dont understand why those who stayed away are getting abused for doing so. It's easy to say 'You should go if your season ticket is already payed for' but people seem to forget that supporters buses' are around 10 quid these days. Add on top of that a programme, pie, drink and if you have children another pie/ drink as well as possibly buying merchandise. Therefore each matchday is costing upwards of £30 - same price as a ticket. A lot of fans can afford to pay for this but there are also a lot who don't have the fortune to have enough money to do this so easily. What i mean is that those with less money would be more willing to spend it if they were getting entertained and the title race was still on but with the way it has been then there is no point in making such a sacrifice just so you aren't judged by people in the papers/ rangers fans/ even your own fans. You can't just simply state these people are bad fans or aren't loyal because they never went last night. Many feel that this is the best way to put a point across to the board and that is fine as that is their own personal belief. Others will state that they couldn't be motivated to go to the game when it is on the tv and again there is nothing wrong with doing so as it is each to their own.

13. Lennon1888

Everytime i see you post your talking about rangers?

14. kennydal

Hey Dopey ,take your CAPS off when posting in here ,your shouting and coming across as angry ,no need for it.

15. mcgeever

Fav Celtic Player:
    MOMO SYLLA...
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On , Hail Hail ,
    I was at the game the other night and was abit shocked at the attendance.I knew people weren't going cause of recent performances and stuff but I think everyone should make an attempt to go along to give Lennon the support he needs.He's been left with nothing and is expected to win every game till the end of the season to keep the job.Not even Sir Alex or Jose mourinho could win every game with this set of players...Faithful through n through Hail Hail

16. kennydal

It was like a through back to the early 90s when i seen Parkhead the other night ,18,000 thats a sore kick in the nuts that one but it has been worse like i say the 90s some games were 13-14000 but we stayed and sang and the players tried there best ,but it took a while and we suffered 9 in a row from them but the good times came again but what i would say is ,if this trend of the crowds disapearing continues it could go on a lot longer for Celtic to recover but if the fans backed there team with encouragement and sang there songs etc ,im sure Celtic wont be done all that long ,Hail Hail.

17. DanniGhirl

I can't make it too any more games this season and I'm gutted about that, some people have valid reasons for not being able to go, others only want to go when we're winning and will be back as soon as things start to improve.

Some people genuinely want to protest against the board, others just say yeah that's why I'm not going when truth be told they don't really care.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather have 20,000 fans singing their hearts out supporting the team than 60,000 spectators.

18. kramer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sammy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Being Celtic isn't a matter of choice. We're born to it. Players come and go, but we're in it for life. Good times, tough times, it's all the same in the end. The important thing is, we're in it together.

19. Wilkie1888

i take poundings every single day in work for the gap and gettin beat and all turn around and say is '' keep the faith ''

so your completely right * the huns * everything else we are celtic supporters faithful through and through

20. rossbhoy86

I think the Board are it!! :47: they are playing on the fact Celtic fans are so loyal and will still buy season tickets but give us * in return . i fully understand why people dont turn up cos quite frankly their takin the * out of us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.