1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is / is not renewing their Season books... ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Viper_MMA, Apr 12, 2010.

Discuss Who is / is not renewing their Season books... ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DanniGhirl

If the board stepped in and said to TM no you can't sign this player, or you can't get rid of that player how many people would be giving out saying the board should not be getting involved in footballing decisions?

2. Viper_MMA

I know mate, I know...

Rock and a hard stone, but to me, over the past 5 /7 seasons, we have not been managed well at all. Rangers should have been buried 3 years ago, with spendature then, it just aint happened.

3. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    I doubt I will be renewing unless the board can convince me other wise.don't get me wrong I will still go to as many games as possible.I always miss a few games due to work etc so don't see why the need to commit myself when it is easy to get tickets for every game now including the Huns.the main reason I had my seSon book was to guarantee the big game tickets

4. kubrick

NOT renewing...due to work commitments but don't think id have renewed anyway!

5. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    We’re damned if we renew and damned if we don’t.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I will renew but it is as much because of * mindedness. At some level I still believe it is the fans that make the club, I still feel some sort of responsibility to go along support the team and sing my heart out (often alone it would seem). I cant stand getting ribbed by the orks for having a * home support and I cant have them telling me how the fans have abandoned the team......that said isn't it about time the club responded with some loyalty to the fans....<o:p></o:p>

6. Frank_the_bhoy

:56::56:

Half the * fans were right behind mowbray, infact the majority were. I was sitting arguing with everyone before january that he should be booted before he puts us in bigger * and was argued down by the sheer number of people telling me I was talking * and that he should be backed, look what happned.

See if he wasn't given the means to spend and release players there would be tons of fans having a go at the board for not backing him ffs.

7. viper

i agree 100% it would take me 5 months to earn what odea makes in a week its about time the board paid for their own mistakes and not count on us being mugs and paying to watch the dross they gave good contracts to absolutly raging i could name 10 players i would be glad to see go but thats another thread

8. Frank_the_bhoy

This all comes down to the rebels in our support who just want to show the board whos boss dosen't it.

The constant theme of the board are to blame for this and the board are to blame for that is beginning to wear thin now.

I think I might just have the funds to renew, I was skeptical about renewing when mowbray was in charge but I am now satisfied that we have a new manager next season and things will hopefully be looking up.

9. Viper_MMA

This is about the board making moves and putting fans minds at ease before we put more of our hard earned money on a season books, without any gauruntees.

So you would call me a rebel, simply because ive had enough... im sick as a customer paying more, while what im purchasing over the years, gets worse.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2010
  10. Frank_the_bhoy

What garuntees are you looking for?

We have a new start next season a new manager a new squad, At this stage before the season has even ended the board can't give anymore garuntees. We don't even know what our next manager wants.

It's the ones who are saying they won't be renewing whatever hapens that gets me angry, these are the gloryhunting spectators we really don't need. :38:

11. rossbhoy86

i wont be , purely cos of the cost.i think its well overpriced for SPL

12. Frank_the_bhoy

There you go:rolleyes:

Hopefully this type of attitude is just a phase we are going through at the moment.

BTW... viper It would probably be best you don't renew.:50:

13. Frank_the_bhoy

Fair enough you can't afford it. :50:

14. Viper_MMA

Ohh for * sake!!!

Ive been there for 22 years mate...

I want guarantees that the board will try get a manager of stature in, and by doing that, that manager will demand a budget that will make us challenge for the title next season...

Not much to ask for IMO, as a fan who has continually supported the side through thick and thin.

That should begin now, why wait till the end of the season, i want to know what is going on, is there a shortlist, are they talking to bosses etc...

I love Neil Lennon, great man and a great Celtic servant, but will be dissapointed if he is appointedthe job ona full term basis, as it will be blatant penny pinching by the Celtic board.

you get where im coming from.... ???

15. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Tuesdays nights game,our club have gone from bus to mini bus now to a car
    over the season so ifs it full most likely be 5 ppl in that car out of 150 members
    go to see a * celtic
    sad state of affairs,i will renew 2 but i ask myself why! i feel that the supporter is being shafted by the club and disrespected by the players so its a loose loose
    situation.

16. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

your right pal. but the suits will be buried in crisis meetings all week long and wont have a clue themselves

17. Viper_MMA

On what basis may I ask is that... ???

is it because you feel that you are more of a Celtic supporter than me Frank?

Is this just another one of your well thought out quirps, Ive been at Celtic park since i was a boy, continually followed our team through thick and thin, home and away...

But its got to the point where I cant justify it any more, like many many many others!

18. Frank_the_bhoy

you are coming off like a spoiled brat, mr customer.

19. Viper_MMA

Awesome posts mate, thank you... im in the same boat as you.

And Frank the Boy, read the poster above, and see the feeling throughout the Celtic crowd, guys like myself who have been going for years, buy I take it in your eyes, guys like myself and Cattepillar should probably not renew ehh?

20. Viper_MMA

Is this muppet at the wind up or what?