1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Team bus arriving at Parkhead.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by BrianQuinn, Apr 10, 2010.

Discuss Team bus arriving at Parkhead. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BrianQuinn

Fav Celtic Player:
    None
    Just read this on another forum.

"ETims Exclusive – Player Fracas At Celtic Park Print E-mail
    Written by Hector Bandido
    Saturday, 10 April 2010
    Digg!

After today's pitiful team performance I headed over to Celtic Park. There was a small but angry mob of around 30 people in attendance and all in the 30 – 60 age group so no young yins and cops galore around the place.

The team bus arrived and every single player took fully merited pelters from a lot of the support standing in wait. Lennon was first off the bus and headed for the front door entrance at the main stand appearing as apologetic as a human could ever look. Then one by one the players departed the bus all to a loud chorus of boos from some but not all of the support. Keane tried to apologise but one fan was as vocal to him as the rest and Keane turned away before heading to his car. Fair play to him he still made himself available to any kid wanting an autograph and kept on apologising.

Things were bad but rapidly deteriorated when McGeady left the team bus. The heckling he received wasn’t any louder than anyone else’s but as is his way he took it upon himself to start mouthing back at the support which caused tempers to fray and the Police to move in stop small pockets of the support getting to him. That wasn’t the end of matters though as McGeady kept shouting back at punters only adding to their ire. When one considers how appalling he was today he’s about the last player who should have opened his mouth but nope he kept arguing back with two supporters comments particularly standing out. The first was a fairly clear message “* aff to England ya wee £%@$” and the second more subtle from an observer in the pensioner age group; “wee Strachan had your number all along McGeady”.

A little while later Darren O’Dea was embroiled in words with some supporters asking them “what did they want him to do” which as you can imagine opened up a few ripostes from those challenging his and the teams performance that day.

Naylor, Brown, N’Guemo and others kept their heads down as they walked towards their cars but the biggest jeer was definitely reserved for Samaras who took an absolute pounding. There’s no doubt he’s a target at matches from some supporters but was he any worse than his team-mates today? No matter, he walked towards his car still willing to acknowledge any kid asking for his autograph while their Dad was questioning his parentage.

The crowd of around now 50 supporters quickly dispersed and 15-20 minutes later Neil Lennon departed the main door and walked towards the small pocket of around 20 fans remaining. Lennon apologised to everyone in attendance and in all honestly for the first time I can recollect he looked a broken man. Give him his utmost due though as he said to all remaining supporters he would openly answer every question they had as it was the least he could do.

He was asked by one supporter why Samaras continues to start and replied he believed “The wide open spaces of Hampden would suit his style plus as he had scored 15 goals this season thought he was the man to do the business today. Unfortunately it didn’t happen”. This led to an older supporter advising Lennon that “Samaras was in (his opinion) the biggest * bag he’d seen in 60 years supporting the team”. Lennon to be fair didn’t get into an argument over this and took the persons clear point on board.

I then asked him why he doesn’t play Brown, N’Guemo and Crosas together as the midfield two is being over-run so often this season by a lot of teams. His response was he had considered that before the game but felt Robbie would be isolated as Fortune was supposed to play through the middle as a 4-4-2 with Samaras wide left in midfield. He followed this up by saying both Fortune and Samaras disappointed him and he would be unlikely to start the both of them on Tuesday.

Questions continued to flow his way and to his great credit he answered every one put to him openly and honestly, some of his answers I’m not able to repeat here and you’ll understand why at the seasons end.

For everyone’s information neither Peter Lawwell nor John Reid showed up at the stadium during this period which was just as well as they were without any shadow of a doubt the real target of anger of most people hanging around the ground."

McGeady and O'Dea are total arseholes. * them both , they wee smug neds will get their pay checks and no-doubt are in Glasgow right now enjoying themselves. * !

Fair play to Lennon though , the guys honesty can only be respected and he is definetely hurting.

2. OC

Good read that. I read few stories about Aiden and O'Dea, they seemed like wee fuckwits. They just confirmed it now, pair of *.

:56:

As for Lennon, I'm actually surprised by this. Don't get me wrong, but this move was unexpected, in my opinion. Fair play to him, genuinely nice gesture and I'm delighted he's once again proved he's Celt to the bone. Well done.

3. Conor1888

4. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Very interesting report mate.
    Lennon is a class act and has always treated the fans with respect.
    As for McGeady and O'Dea, the 2 of them are an absolute disgrace. Who does McGeady think he is shouting back at the fans?
    He should be hanging his head in shame after his performance today, not acting like a hard man. His time at Celtic should have been up after he gave WGS abuse.
    O'Dea couldn't get a a game for Reading. No more needs to be said about him.

5. Mmudgy190

Man, I am absolutely * with this seasons ineptitude
    I, like all of you, love and support Celtic. I live and breath for them, but this year, no, the last three years or more, I've never ever felt any comfort in their performance. Now it has eventually hit rock * bottom. Only way is up and I want a * like Lennon in charge, OK maybe he hasn't got the nuance but he has got the heart and he said as politely as he could that this bunch of * who call themselves the celtic need a very hard kick up their collective * arses and told to get to *.
    * I hate te * I need to put up with. Ross Fuccking County FOR * SAKE, fair play to them they won and deservedly so. I am seriously cosidering throttling my hamster, the little * is spinning around on his wheel as I type and he is getting on my * nerves haha Only joking, he's orange but I love him really

6. maldoon2007

McGeady and O'Dea are * prima donas!!! Not worthy of the hoops!!

A great man once said: "Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players"

7. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Great read. Neil Lennon is as Celtic through and through as they come, I really hope he gets the job because I can't see us getting a Mark Hughes and I would rather have Lennon then Lambert, and I have to say I feel bad for Samaras, ya he missed our best chance off an unlucky deflection but Sammy also was flying up and down that left side of the pitch.

8. maldoon2007

Are you blind? I was sitting on that side and Sammy spent more time on the deck complaining about * all than he did anything else!!! He only had a turn of pace when the game was dead and buried!! The whole team was missing today am not just a Sammy hater but he was rubbish today, well worth a slagging!!!

9. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Brian - What do you mean by Lennon's comments that you cant say but it will become apparent at the end of the season ...explain is it players or a manager ???

10. BrianQuinn

Fav Celtic Player:
    None
    Tommy Burns would be ashamed of Aiden McGeady.

11. BrianQuinn

Fav Celtic Player:
    None
    I didn't write that mate lol. Copy and pasted it off another forum.

12. Scarecrow

thank you :50:

also agree, feel bad for the * sammy gets tbh.

13. sickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Keane, Kamara, Boruc and Hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone, This Land Is Your Land:D
    I feel so sorry for Neil Lennon. Hes a supporter and he saw what we saw today. Hope hes next season, unlike most of our squad. I hope Keane ahs unfinished business here and stays(doubt it). We need a complete overhaul of the team.

14. rossbhoy86

Thats f$%ing mental . Always thot mcgeady was just a wee * , his attitude stinks , would rather Michael gardyne same age as mcgeady and we let him go , that backfired as hhe ran rings around us . is this the lowest celtic have been ?

15. steviebhoy32

im glad to hear the way lenny reacted but today proved that he is no pepe guardiola.
    the celtic job is not for apprentice managersand we need somebody experienced. every1 could see within 5 minutes today that the tactics were not working but we persisted with them until the 85th minute. i'd be quite happy for lenny to get the job in a few years but right now its too soon

16. BrianQuinn

Fav Celtic Player:
    None
    In terms of football then this is arguably the worst we have been since McGrory was in charge. However, we are lucky that our finances are not terrible like they were back in the 90s or we would be totally screwed. But then again, having good finances at Celtic means * all considering the biscuit tin mentality from the board.

17. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    Lennon should be a No2 to somebody - Rasmussen on with 8 mins left smacked of a Tony Mowbray last gasp effort - He says he's fed up watching our forwards on their backsides........so why leave Hoddit & Doddit on for nearly the full match ??? yes lennon has Fight and desire for our club, but it's not enough when you cant read a match and make the correct moves.

18. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Thanks for posting this mate, very interesting read. I have respect for Lennon giving the time to explain his decisions and not just ignore the fans. As for McGeady mouthing back, being a professional footballer means you have to take criticsm with credit and get on with it. Most of us on here would give our high teeth to pull on the Hoops and the players this afternoon didn't look the slightest bit bothered.

19. Shepard

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wolfetones - Celtic Symphony
    A see the board didnae turn up, eh?

Lawell, Reid & The Invisible Irishman can get tae * along wae McGeady & O'dea for all I care.

20. maldoon2007

Couldn't have said it better masel!! :50: