1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this the end for LENNON

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celtic 1967, Apr 10, 2010.

Discuss Is this the end for LENNON in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. albashamrock

dig at Lawwell at the end of the interview?

2. OC

He has option to put in Rasmussen who would certainly score if given chance. Hardly tough to realize.

He has faith in their abilites, that's a good start, but they don't have faith in their own abilites. That's the major issue. Today they were like bunch of * running away from ball and letting the other player do something. That needs to be adressed as soon as possible.

Don't think he's up to it, mate. Not now.

3. albashamrock

dig at Lawwel at the end?

4. mikec2126

Ah - IC Its Lawels fault, *

Its not Lennys fault either,

5. Ruxin

I think it was a dig to the board in general.

6. albashamrock

the downfall started when he failed to get players last Jan so yes, he is partly to blame

7. Richmal

You * bet it is...this is the only positive about this day....huns are gutted that lennon wont be manager...cos they were praying he would be!

8. Richmal

So many poor managers at the hoops who have big chins...but no * ability to manage!...we need a quality manager...not a manager with a big chin!

9. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think players not respecting the interim manager, who is almost a club legend, reflects poorly on the mentality of the players more so.

10. danielcoolj

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields of athenry
    Point totally missed.

Where did i say it was Lennons fault? I said i was disappointed with that comment. The manager should be motivating the players, not 'giving them hints and tips'. After that first half, Lennon should have stuck is foot up every single one of their arses, he should have been let them know they were on the verge of the most embarrassing result in recent times. We could all see it, im sure they could also.

He then goes on to say 'i spoke to the players bluntly as calm as i could' ??? Calm as i could??? These players have cost Neil Lennon a job next season, and hes calm with them?

The best managers are able to motivate average players. Just look at Walter Smith as an example.

11. Richmal

would he have said this if we had scraped a last min equaliser...nope...he jumped ship and left the hopeless crew to go down with the ship,...what he says is right...but to say it after that is wrong!

12. danielcoolj

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields of athenry
    Once again we can always rely on the Orthodex Celt to come in with a fair and well thought out analogy. :50:

13. rossbhoy86

wat he's sayin is u cant teach passion and fight u've either got it or you dont , and most of the celtic players dont

14. jiko

While I'd like to find something in your post to disagree with , I can't..

Todays result was a decider.. Neil lennon cannot be manager next season..

It's not neccessarilly him who deserves the blame for today but he did put a team out to beat Kilmarnock and he got a team to beat Hibs last week and today we got pumped by a team that are a few levels below that..
    Managers have to be held accountable for results like today..

15. butch

what a load of bollocks, he knows all them players, and the ones in the reserves the manager or temp i hope, is a plonker and as useless as mowbrey in fact worse at it he was to come in, and gee them up and stamp his style on the team, a joke he can take his p45, and his shares with him and dont darken the door
    been a waste of space landed lucky in, a winning team, and he dosent know as like the team where the frigging net is

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2010
  16. Firefly

Fav Celtic Player:
    Was Lubo, Now Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On or Let The People Sing
    Good interview and i know that all of that was strong but it was the truth. Sadly, i just wonder if that will do anything positive for this team? Tony come out and said they were not good enough and he needed new players ( i think it was after yhe Hamburg game) and look how they responded. But i also realise it is the truth and even if it does not give them a kick up the * at least he has ensured that he knows alot of those pretenders need kicked out the door. Shower of clowns probably lost this man a job he would die for today.

17. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I am a Lenny fan but after today I hope his contract is terminated in the summer and every Celtic permanant player who played today should be put up for sale and every loan player returned to their permanant club now , I would love to see a boycott of all games untill the end of the season as this board have made mugs out of us for far too long .

18. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Lennon spoke very well after the match and he's clearly as angry at the players as we all are but, unfortunately, there is more to managing celtic than saying all the right things in a post match press conference.
    Disappointing to see him asking advice from the chief scout during the match. Have never seen MON, Fergie or Mourinho doing that.
    Top guy Lennon but not ready to be manager yet.

19. danielcoolj

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields of athenry
    Thats totally wrong mate, come on. Are you suggesting that a person is unable to produce fight or desire because of a natural defect?

Sorry to keep repeating myself but a managers job is to motivate his players. Its very disappointing to hear a manager say 'i can only give hints and tips'. If Mowbray had said that, there would be 200 comments on this thread saying exactly what im saying.

Maybe if Lennon had said,'i got teared in to them at half time, told them that they are letting thousands of fans and this great club down etc etc but they didnt listen' then i would think, OK manager has done his job and the players havnt listened.

But he didnt say that he said i can only give them HINTS AND TIPS, I CANNOT GIVE THEM DESIRE.

How can people not see the problem in this?

20. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I hope every permanant player that played today is transfer listed , Overpaid prima donas every one , Sorry but time for a boycott at Celtic park , This is the worst result in our history .