1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Luck Tony

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by pkerr2602, Mar 25, 2010.

Discuss Good Luck Tony in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'd like to remember the man who gave us the Huddle, and the indomitable qualities he displayed as a player, rather than the sad, forlorn man in the dugout, who all too often seemed clueless as to rectify situations. I hope that the legacy of your management spell is to put to rest this notion of needing to be 'Celtic-minded' as some sort of pre-requisite for the manager's job. :31:

Unfortunately, the promise of your vision was never matched by any discernable improvement, of things going in the right direction. I am glad that you took the dignified path, as you do seem an honest guy, but if you were honest with yourself I think you would admit it was too big for you, and one that you never came to grips with.

Best of luck, Mogga. :bbpd:

2. Richmal

good luck tony, as you drive away in your mercedes and with all that money in the bank,and with our league dreams and european record shattered!......no * way.... :31:

ps...John Reid should be sacked, he is hopeless also!

3. bateman

thought mowbray would do a job for us but obviously it just didnt work out.. seems a really nice big lad, all the best..:50:

4. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    :shamrock:

5. craigcfc7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broonyy...Broonyy....!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    All the best for the future Tony. I'm so glad that you took the dignified path out the door, and had your little bit to say about your feeling for our wonderful club. Your management time here didn't work out...but thats life...we will get over it!

Hope things work out well for you and your no longer feeling the pressure and worry about your family! Good luck big man.....! :shamrock:

6. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Its really sad for me because I remember how much he gave to us as a player and the way we all huddled around him when his wife died back in the 90's.

He looked a broken man last night and I found it quite upsetting to watch tbh.

All the best Tony, learn your lessons from it, I'm sure you'll get another chance somewhere else. :shamrock: :50:

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Wish him all the best wherever he ends up, he'll ALWAYS be welcome at Celtic as far as I'm concerned. He tried his best and he failed but like he said on the day he signed, the pull of this club is too big too turn down for a majority of people, especially those that have witnessed it first hand.

8. Celtic_Jorge

[​IMG]

Ignoring the Hibs keeper, this is how I would like to remember Mogga as manager, but I know I can't.

I think Mogga was deeply involved with the team and cared very much about the league and our results.

His style of football just didn't "work out" up north in Scotland, and it's unfortunate. Good luck, Tony, wherever your career takes you from here.

9. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    great picture.

i always wondered what the hibs keeper was doing?

10. DanniGhirl

Best of luck Tony, shame it didn't work out, at the end of the day your best just wasn't good enough but you gave it a go.

Hail Hail :shamrock:

11. KevyL

Good luck big man, so much wanted for it to work for you. I hope i speak for all the fans when i say that we still repect you as much now as we always have.

12. Markybhoy

I don't think that's why he failed to be honest. It was the fact that there was so much turnover in the playing staff in such a short space of time that caused him to fail imo. We never actually got to see the Tony Mowbray brand of football at Celtic. Perhaps for a couple of matches but that was about it. That's one of the saddest things for me.......we never actually did see the Tony Mowbray style of football in his 9 months at Celtic.

It all just leaves me with a deep feeling of sadness. I so much wanted it to work out for the big man. :54:

13. MontiBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    vennegoor of hesselink and boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Very unlucky, so many injuries to key players and so many "honest mistakes" against us. I wish him all the best and have no doubt he will be a success elsewhere

Hail Hail :shamrock:

14. nolo67

We had the right man alright but he walked away! Gordon strachan would have, givin the support of the fans, ruled Scotland for years! Hang your heads in shame ye who decryed him!!!!! And I won't take the pish about his last year in office as an excuse!!!! If you got the kind of treatment he dealt with you would have quit long before!!!! Had we backed him 100% ?? I ask you!!! Hail hail the true Celtic fans!!!!!! As for the abuse mr Mowbray suffered who in their right minds would want this post ???????????????????

15. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao

Not this pish again, Strachan's time was LONG up! :rolleyes: Because Mowbray was awful doesn't mean we should have kept Strachan, who was also awful from January onwards last season.

16. Markybhoy

Thank * somebody else has said it! :50:

17. kennydal

HERE HERE.:50:

18. mc geady 46

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Mcstay,Chris Sutton,Alan Thompson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    all the best tony!

hail hail

19. nolo67

Three titles!! Two last sixteens of C/L!!!!!! Who else can do this?????????? Martin o'neill?? Nope!!! Who???????? Answer this and I will listen to ur pish about gordons time being up!!! Get real!!! Who's next for the abuse????? Makes me sick!!! I sit every week watching the game and I hear far more groaning than support for the team!! I watched it through the 80s and it was not pretty but I would NEVER berate a player in the hoops!!!!!! Watch the DVD then tell me I'm wrong!!! Listen to legends who have played with and managed our great club!!!! Honestly moaning gripers like u lot have got us in this position!!! Mon the hoops!!!!!!!!

20. toperomekoms

Fav Celtic Player:
    current Artur Boruc alltime stephane mahe
    Fav Celtic Song:
    forever and ever
    sad it had to end TM the dream started turning into a nightmare. all the best tho big chap YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE