1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Have the Strachan haters got what they deserved?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henke., Mar 25, 2010.

Discuss Have the Strachan haters got what they deserved? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henke.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Murdoch, Henke, Jinky, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This is how it feels to be Celtic
    I thinks so. I was a big WGS fan and was fed up with all the whinging about him and the total lack of respect for him from some fans whilst he was Celtic manager.
    I had a feeling something like this was going to happen. I didn't want Mowbray as manager because I didn't think he was good enough, but some people were *-a-hoop when he joined us, some of these people were the ones who wanted Strachan out because they 'just didnae like him.'
    Does anyone think those people have got what they deserved?

I do. Now those people might appreciate that as long as the manager brings us success then his character shouldn't matter.

Where you a Strachan doubter and how do you feel now?

I'm not intending this to be a gloating thread. I just want to know how those people are thinking now.

2. kevza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People sing
    Fans were losing patience with Strachan in the end, His last 2 seasons were inconsistent, and Mogga picked this up when he arrived, before he f***ed it up even more. Fortunately we were scraping wins, and the Orcs where in a worse position on the field.

Unfortunately the huns have consistency. Strachan went at the right time.

3. tim park

Henke stop gloating you know me i loved strachan ,i was his love child.

i was a doubter of gordo yes i was..but im not getting in to a big argument over strachan /mowbray or anyone else..ive had enough of arguing on here

how are u henke anyway ok i hope
    davie

4. craigcfc7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broonyy...Broonyy....!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I said it before and I say it again, the way Strachan was treated disgusted me. Particularly the Motherwell game where the jibes were shouted from the stands for him to "Get to *"! That was a shocking way to treat the guy who brought us the success he did. I agree that we weren't great in the last 2 seasons under him, but think anyone would agree to speculate that was he at the healms again this year, we would never be in the mess we are in.

I also said in another thread, I hope Mogga resigns before he has to put up with the shocking character bashing that WGS had to put up with! If WGS had to deal with it when he was one of the most successful managers in our history, Mogga is without doubt gonna get it tight very soon, and I don't like to see anyone who has tried thier best get treated like that!

5. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    I was waiting for a thread like this to be created.

He had to go when he did but unfortunately the board never got the right man.

6. Viper_MMA

YES....

7. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    For all the WGS lovers Boro are looking for a few extra fans. Glad hes gone, Feel sorry for Mogga.

8. ARMALITE

Did not like Strachan.
    Appreciated what he done for us.
    But was past his sell by date the season before he went.

9. davebhoy

Gordan Strachan

No problems with the wee man for his first two seasons, but January 09 onwards was dire. Let the Huns off the hook big time!! Questioned his desire when he only signed Willo Flood in that January window. Did he know he was going then? Probably, and it showed with the remainder of that season.

Who to take over now - no one springs to mind as an obvious candidate - Mark Hughes? Slavin Bilic? Roy Hodgson? - Dunno.

10. donnybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Jinky
    WGS delighted in sticking it to the Scottish press - you had to love him for that alone. He'd clearly had enough of the local intensity and doubtless was happy to go when he did. We have to thank him for the trophies, for Boruc, and for Naka. We can blame him for Samaras.

I thought Mowbray would be good - I'm shocked by how wrong I was. If Samaras gets another game this season without being transfer listed I'm not renewing my tickets.

11. davebhoy

I hope TM gets a bit of respect, unlike WGS. He needs to go, but draw the line at personal abuse - leave that to the Orcs on the south side of the river.

12. Viper_MMA

What a ridiculous post...

because there are actually celtic fans who feel that WGS was treated badly, and thought under the constraints, he actually done a sterling job, you think they should Eff Off and go support Middlesborough?

Grow up!

13. bhoy1der

If you look at the trend from when Strachan started to when he left , we where on a downword spiral already but Mowbray has taken us to a new low.
    I was glad to see the back of Strachan and the most boring football I have ever witnessed at Celtic park.
    I will also be glad to see Mogga walking out of the front door for the last time, then the club can move forward and hopefully upwards.

14. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We were right to get rid of WGS. But obviously we brought in the wrong replacement.

15. strachansdaman

my username says it all,mogga must go

16. Airdrie Onion

Wondering about my hole getting mustarded
    That's how I feel too, unfortunately. I didn't want WGS to go.

17. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

what I don't understand is why some strachan lovers never gave tony a chance. they "disliked" him from the start and were never really behind him. don't mean you henke mate, there are others out there.

at the end of the day we all should support our club, our manager and our players.

this personal vendetta with certain managers is pish in my eyes. we should put the good of the team above everything. even above our personal feelings.

18. kennydal

Agreed ,you dont know what you have until its tested and that goes for players aswell ,Mowbray could have been a world beater even though he came from a team that got relegated ,Gordon Strachan didnt exactly have a great CV when he arrived but a lot of fans had already made there minds up on him because they hated him as a player :97: but he did a fantastic job for Celtic and it was Celtic's loss when he left.

19. DanniGhirl

Totally agree, those that hated TM from the very start are just as bad as those that hated WGS.

I am grateful for the success WGS brought, however we were getting worse season by season and it was probably time for him to go, unfortunately, we didn't make the right choice in his replacement.

20. Bratfurdbhoy1

It was time for Strachan to go ! We just replaced him with the wrong chap!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.