1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would replace him .Threads Merged.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by scottythetim, Mar 22, 2010.

Discuss Who would replace him .Threads Merged. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gunt

He is as close to a Wattie as you could get. Has the Fergie link, got the title with a poor Rangers side v MON, was brilliant in the Scotland job, done well with Brum. Maybe an ex-Rangers manager but he would be absolutely perfect for the job. Rangers fans never really accepted him because of his major role in Aberdeen side that had a very nasty rivallry with Rangers in the 80s and 90s. Weird thinking out of the box but really brilliant. Would be a bit of soccer history too. Have always had the utmost respect for him.

2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    +1.

He gets the best out of his players.

3. doctor venglos

Agreed. Big Eck would be a first class choice. We have to think outside the box if we want to get anywhere.

4. hammy1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Manchester United are a different footballing planet to Celtic right now. Also they're manager didn't just arrive in the summer.

Ferguson's been grooming people like Johnny Evans for years now. To comopare our situation to man uniteds in nonsense

5. im_ant

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Sick paedo, lock him up! :56:

6. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I am not advocating TM to be punted, but this is a purely a hypothetical thread so...

Stale Solbakken.

He won promotion with his 1st club, Hamarkameratene, in Norway, and the following year was Norwegian manager of the year. Then moved to Copenhagen, where he has won 3 of the past 4 Danish league titles. Now, I believe he has a verbal agreement to take over the Norwegian national job in a few years time, but I don't know how certain that is. Could we lure him away from Copenhagen? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010
  7. Hoopy07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenrye
    Next boss should be experianced, i dont care if he is black, white, brazilian or welsh as long as he is the best man for the job. stuff this celtic minded crap.

Guys like

Ottmar Hitzfeld
    Roy Hodgson
    Mark Hughes
    Gerard Houllier
    Leo Beenhakker

Hitzfeld for me, one of the best in the business, managing switzerland at the moment, been a success at every club he has been at.

8. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Hitzfeld is a great shout. Beenhakker is a decent shout too. Hughes and Hodgson have been mentioned several times and I would have no problem with either. Houllier is a strange one for me. Not that we would get him but would be interesting to see how he done. Good thing about all these managers named is that they have experience at a very high level and have had some success in their own right.

9. larsson97_04

Fav Celtic Player:
    Maloney, JVOH
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    * * will u thick people who want TM out of the club wake up and smell the coffee TONY MOWBRAY is our manager and he will be for the 2010 - 2011 season i am not his biggest fan but for * sake give the man a chance he needs to work with the new players he has and from where i am sitting we have won the last 3 games 2-0, 3-0 and 3-0 now to me thats saying somethin that TM is starting to get the best out of our players! yea Celtic have gone on a bad run but the H**S are well over due for there luck to run out if celtic keep on winnin and pickin up three points who knows what will happen i know its a long shot Celtic winning the league but its do-able and i bet all the TM haters will soon be bumming him and saying he is the right man for the job!

The board are not going to sack TM this season the board seem to have faith in him and so should the Celtic fans!

10. Hoopy07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenrye
    People are thick because they have a diffrent opinion from yourself????

You say he needs to work with the new players? well what happens when alot of his loan signings go back in the summer and he has to rebuild again?

Do you know for a fact Tony Mowbray will still be manager next season?

There are more ways than one, of leaving a football club.

Would not suprise me one bit if he walked in the summer, time will tell on that one, but dont call people thick for having a diffrent opinion.

11. gunt

just me or does owen look like his piles are playing up

12. celtic warrior

I would like to stay away from a overseas manager and when i say that i mention france, germany etc... but it's hard to ignore some of the names?

But I see people saying Big Eck and that would be a brilliant shout if it weren't for his personal success he is having in the EPL with Brummie, but then if he weren't having the succes there would the fans suggest him :icon_mrgreen:, either way fantastic shout and is still verging on otainable.

going back to what i said about the overseas managers as much as i wanna stay away from them i can't help but of think of people like Martin Jol his spell with spurs was good and the thing is i know * of alot of spurs fans who happy with Harry for obvious reasons right now, but they really really really didn't want Jol go they all feel that what he was trying to do with spurs is what put them in such a strong posistion now and it's Harry reaping the rewards.

My choice is Big Eck (I like the sound of him becoming our manager:97:) or Martin Jol

13. MartinR

id like to see trappitoni the republic of ireland manager dnt think it whould happen but i think he has the class to take celtic forward plus id like to see neil lennon some one with a bit of heart and knows the celtic way get back in the dugout and threw a bit of passion towards the players when there playing as T.M and his wonderful coaching staff just sit doore faced the full came only opening the mouths to yawn

14. YNWA_CELTIC_FC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley - Current, Larsson - All Time
    good shout from O'Neil with Lennon and Lambert as manager and assistant manager. :50:

15. gunt

Eck would be pure genius but can you imagine the poor guys life? Think his stock is rising far too well. Heading towards the unobtainable Moyes kind of zone. Begining to think there is no way we will be able to match Rangers in the manager department until Wattie retires. Cant see it though. Rangers would have to be barking mad to let go a guy who can win the title twice and get to a UEFA final in the space of 2 years with that bunch of players. We need a manager who can make a winning team out of perhaps not the most amazing players. I can be done. DUndee United in the 80s were a very good side who won the SPL, came close many other years, got to a UEFA final etc all with pretty ordinary players who could do the simple things very well. How about Jim McClean? He is the sort of manager we need and knows how to handle the media:icon_mrgreen:

16. HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Laszlo Boloni is still without a club, id take him over Mowbray in a heartbeat.

17. The Legend Of Lubo

Mourinho all the way!! :56:

18. D. Dziekanowski

Craig Brown :52:

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Right now id take daphne brown........!

20. rorywasabhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Present:Marco Fortune...Past: John 'Yogi' Hughes (60s-70s)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Too many to name.
    It never fails to amaze me, the amount of people touting Lambert as either boss or part of a double act. The guy's already made it clear recently that he'd never entertain managing in Scotland. Do your homework guys before making gung-ho suggestions.