1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Hateley Press Attack On Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by doctor venglos, Mar 11, 2010.

Discuss Mark Hateley Press Attack On Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    To be honest, the SFA conspiracy threads are just as tiresome as the Mowbray ones.

2. Henke.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Murdoch, Henke, Jinky, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This is how it feels to be Celtic
    And they re going to allow that to go to print?
    That says it all. :31:

3. TimMalloyBhoy

I can read. You said in previous post ''but he's right when he says we look pathetic when we blame everyone but our lame-duck manager for the mess we are in.''

And I said who the * blames everyone else but Mowbray? Think your the clown.

Your a brainwashed Celtic fan who believes we shouldn't say a word about the SFA due to our poor performance because Hately the bigot calls us pathetic for it!!

4. Hendo*

In my opinion your sad if you hate another football team, end of the day its just football, theres much more to the world than that, theres a diffrence between not liking a club and hating them. sad

5. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    * me you really are thick :31:

How many times have I criticised the SFA in this thread?

What more do you wish of me? Will I throw a brick through a 6th floor window at Hampden then bring it back and scan the image on here for your approval?

We are 13 points behind because Mowbray has failed as a manager to beat a team that are skint, cant sign any players, shamed themselves in the CL and actually hand Kyle Lafferty a jersey.

6. doyle

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Larsson, Andreas Thom, Dicanio the mad genius
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I would like to revamp 'fritz a grand ol team' as its a bit old and cheesey, needs some fat beats
    I stopped buying it some time ago as well.. for this very reason

7. TimMalloyBhoy

OK since you seem to be the one that is thick I will rephrase it a little:50:

Your main view is the pile of * spouted from the mouth of hate blinded Hately ''but he's right when he says we look pathetic when we blame everyone but our lame-duck manager for the mess we are in.'' That's what you said right?

And what I am saying is how the * are we pathetic for critisizing the SFA as well as Mowbray. If anything the SFA should be criticized more than Mowbray due to the blatant bias and corruption as this should have no place in football. If a team is playing * or not they should still have a fair chance.

I CERTAINLY don't feel pathetic like you state we should for shouting about the SFA.

8. Hendo*

embarrassing

9. doyle

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I would like to revamp 'fritz a grand ol team' as its a bit old and cheesey, needs some fat beats
    Everyone's putting the boot in at the moment to get a rise, dont react to it. its the new hobby of bad journalists and media types alike.. real radio and clyde are good examples..
    keep the faith.. I remember when O'neill was doing well for us, every article was about how he was leaving and what clubs were being linked with him.. Its been going on for years they cant stand us..

10. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Yes, blaming the SFA, pitches etc for the state we are in is completely pathetic.

The SFA are hopeless, an absolute embarrassment, but are they really the reason that we are in such a mess?

Are the SFA to blame for abject performances V Hearts, Falkirk, Dundee United, Kilmarnock & Aberdeen away, and hopeless home performances against Falkirk, Hibs, Motherwell to name a few?

No dodgy refereeing decisions there, just a combination of an inability to defend simple balls into the box and some completely * hopeless defending.

11. doyle

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    cool down guys.. jees

12. TimMalloyBhoy

They are ONE of the reasons, there is no denying that. If referees performed in a professional manner we would not be so many points behind that mob that's basically a fact. So I completely disagree that we are pathetic for saying something about the state of the SFA.

It's not as if we are saying the SFA is the sole reason for the position Celtic are in but I think it's too large of a matter for nothing to be said about it.

13. Frank_the_bhoy

Again look at the state of our next generation of supporters.

scotland is on the map because of the old firm. , the day that the rivalry calms down to the extent that we don't hate there club is the day scottish football dies imo.. I hope that is not the opinion of the majority of the fans.

Then again the whole atmosphere of CP the refusal of fans like the one quoted to hate a club just because they think it is wrong and dwindiling attendances all tie in to make for ourselves as fans have got worse.

I remember we used to all hold the opinion that we were the best fans in the world and we probably did at one point, we wern't squeaky clean but we were a good set of fans in everyway, now all of a sudden we get a sudden attack of the morals ie.. don't slag mcgregor don't hate rangers don't have this opinion because you are disgracing the club etc...

What is wrong with hating rangers? really what is not to hate about them, they are animals they deserve to be hated.

IMO.. we have too many fans on there high horse so hendo stop getting up on that high horse of yours and going on like you have all these morals, there is no doubt about it it's people like you who are starting bring the support down.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2010
  14. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    An Open Letter to Mark Hateley.

Having read your recent article, I thought that it was worthy of comment, and the right of reply.

Football is a divisive game. There is no getting around this. Glasgow is a city very much divided, and rarely, if ever, will the two sides ever see eye to eye. Therfore it does not strike me as odd that you would so vemonously decry the actions of Celtic Football Club, in favour of your well established allegiance to the Ibrox outfit and your former manager.

Not one single Celtic supporter that I have spoken to has ever denied that their football club has underperformed this season. Every Celtic supporter is all too aware that Tony Mowbray has made a number of critical mistakes - both on and off the park - and not a single Celtic supporter can lay claim to referee bias as being the root cause of the team's shambolic campaign. No one can even say had they performed far better than they have, that the 'powers that be' would somehow still be responsible for a 13 point gap at the top of the SPL table. Not one.

Likewise, there is not a single Celtic supporter I have met has not some measure of the difficult task that Walter Smith has undertaken this season. They might not like him, but no one has said that he is a bad manager. He has prepared and presented a team that is a battle-hardened, resiliant unit & through fair means or foul, have established a commanding lead in the league, in addtion to still being in contention for both domestic Cup honours.

This isn't lacking respect for Walter Smith. No, your article is an effusive exercise in praise of Smith's skill & that of his team's effort. Celtic & their support might not shout it from the rooftops as you clearly believe we should, however, there is respect, grudging though it may be.

Your very clear bias is all too apparent, and this is not in dispute either, nor is your right to express your opinions along such lines. I might not like what you have to say, but I will defend your right to say it. That is what freedom of speech is about, after all.

All this crap about the "establishment" conspiring against them left a bad taste in the mouth of anyone who cares about the Scottish game. That is the kind of paranoid pap only the most deranged of supporters would cling to.

There it is. The soundbyte of your article.

Whilst your dismissively condemn Celtic's actions as being laughable, isn't it without even the slightest hint of irony and indeed hypocracy that you do choose to do so without even a modicum of supporting evidence for your arguement? As if by your words alone it is sufficiant for the wider public to accept it - So Hately has spoken, so must shall it be.

Or is this how you hope to shame the Celtic support into silence; to use your column as a weopon and then expect your integrity to be beyond reproach? How is it that you can besmirch Celtic's name yet in the same breathe expect Walter Smith's to be exhalted? This is isn't conjecture. This is precisely what your article does.

Celtic have raised some queries this season. Questions for which there have been few answers, and even less is being done to address. Where is the line? Where is it that incompetance is met? Where are the safeguards that ensure that neither fear nor favour are employed? Where is the accountabilty when such things are questioned?

It's all too easy just to paint these with the brush of Celtic paranoia. A real answer might lead to a place you might not care to look, or attempt to dissuade others not to look either.

Scottish football has long been in decay. Rotten are the beams and mortor that support this house. Rotten with insinuation of double standards and backroom dealings. Rotten with outdated practices and procedures. Rotten, where any hint of a question of impartiality is met, not with an open examination to demonstrate how it is not, but with soundbytes, edited for consumption in incenduary columns, like your own.

Those who care for the well being of the Scottish game must now open their eyes to the problems that are inherant within it. Looking away has ensured the current malaise. Those who care about the Scottish game must look at the issues and address them. The addage of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' may be true, but a perpetual state of decline would suggest that this is not the case, that something is broken. Pleading ignorance is no longer viable. Blind trust is no longer an option.

For example, why is it that Sir David Murray was allowed to, for so long conduct his affairs in such a manner that was, until recently, beyond reproach? How is it that that a cadre of respected 'journalists' were pursuaded to either not pay closer inspection to certain aspects or were so easily distracted? How is it that so few editorials resonate with balanced thought and are set for discussion? How is it that commentaries are so meekly served up as an exercise in defacto public relations? How can sycophants be trusted with the truth? How is it? Such has been the path of blind trust.

This should be what leaves a bad taste in your mouth. if this is the sort of thing that strikes a little close to the bone, if these questions are the type that make you not want to know the answers to, then is it not also fair to question your integrity as a columnist also?

If those who have been entrusted with the continued well being of football in this country wish to put this to bed once and for all, to forever banish such suggestions and prove that the intregrity that lays at the foundation of football in this country is indeed intact, this then is that opportunity.

Celtic do not seek a witch hunt. They do not wish to be given extra consideration or special treatment, but gone are the days of dignified silence. Celtic find themselves in a unique position in it's history, and although their motives may in part be selfish, it is wholly for the betterment of the Scottish game.

The Celtic support will not go quietly into the night. They will not fade away, simply because their club has raised concerns that you oppose? They have a voice and gone are the days when they did not dare use it. They will not cower despite your casting aspersions of Celtic. They have learned to read between the lines and they can see truth where it lays.

This then is an invitation to you, Mr. Hateley, to join the discussion. It's ok if you have an opposing point of view, I don't mind. Every discussion requires a dissenting voice, just as every villiage needs an idiot. However, if you persist in your attack upon Celtic, you had better do so with more than empty statements.

This is a time for serious people to debate serious issues. You are welcome to join in on the serious discussion.

Or do you not have enough respect?

Sincerely,

Taz.

15. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    BTW - The above was originally posted last night, but I can only assume with the issues the site had last night, for some reason it vanished.

16. Frank_the_bhoy

^^^^ loving that mate very well done:celt_2:

Hail hail.

17. TimMalloyBhoy

Brilliant mate.

18. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    well done m8

19. P R D

Now you're just outright lieing. I said back on page one that the content of the article was unprofessional and unacceptable.

You really don't understand the concept of two issues co-existing without being connected, don't you?

Problem A: Celtic are poor. This is Celtic's fault.
    Problem B: The SFA and its officials are unfit for purpose. This is their fault.

These two problems, are not connected. One does not negate the importance of the other. The existance of the former does not negate the need to fix the latter.

Is this concept alien to you?

20. Colin McRae

Fav Celtic Player:
    henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Nothing most journo's haven't been sayin anyway.