1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic and the SFA > legal recourse.??

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CELTBOY, Mar 4, 2010.

Discuss Celtic and the SFA > legal recourse.?? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    *:97:

2. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Even the huns must be embarassed about the way decisions are going against us

3. emmetf

No, they're actually pretty proud of it...

4. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I really hope UEFA set up an Atlantic league so we can tell the SFA to * off .

5. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

:50: "They" go all the way to the top

6. P R D

7. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
  8. P R D

The sky's light blue, as well. * Hun of an atmospheric layer, so it is.

9. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The thing is its not just Celtic that have been on the recieving end of some absolute howlers when playing against 'that other team'. Off the top of my head I can think of at least half a dozen 'incidents' where dodgy penalties, players dismissed or legit goals ruled out have benefited R****** this season alone... and I don't even watch the games, just the highlight clips shown after the weekend on the TV/internet..

It really boils down to 3 choices for Celtic.

1. We do nothing. We put up & shut up and nothing changes. We keep going on as we always have and allow the farce that is the SFA to carry on as they always have.

2. We look to leave Scottish Football. This is a pipe dream. It might happen down the track, in 5, 10, 50 years or might never happen. If the opportunity arises it will require a good deal of consideration, however as we stand today we are not 1 step closer to leaving than we were when the whole idea was first imagined.

3. We look to bring change. Scottish Football is diseased. It is rotten at its core, where it is rooted by the SFA. It is withering and is slowly dying.

By Celtic taking a stance, with the muscle that we possess we can keep the spotlight on the referees & the SFA. To show these inequalities and highlight actions for what they are. The established order is deeply entrenched, and despite being rotten to the core, it will take alot of shifting. Its not going to be a quick process, but if Scottish Football is to be saved from this spiral of decline it will take fresh ideas & new approaches. The thing about the established order is, they don't like nor want change. They hold the power, they pull the strings. They have things set up just they way they want it. Why would they want to change? But change is what is needed. And the winds of change begin slowly, but you can feel it... it is starting to begin now.

The salvation and redemption of football's soul in this country is at stake.

10. Lennon's lass

Fav Celtic Player:
    *~Neil Lennon~*
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry, You'll never walk alone, & coming home!
    The SFA need to wise up. It was plain for all to see what went on with Brown and Lafferty. Brown was in a head lock, so where do u suppose his head was, oh yes on lafferty's chest (understandable), lafferty eventually lets go (when the ref did nothing) so Brown gives a final nudge before getting his balance back. Lafferty goes down DRAMATICALLY!!!!!!, kicking brown down in the process.
    Next walter smith takes lafferty off, ashamed and embarrassed by his player, telling him to shut up when lafferty tries to justify diving (again). Smith can see it, y cant the SFA???
    The SFA reviewed footage of Kris Boyde elbowing a hibs player in the face the previous week, (making him unavailable for the old firm), how convenient that they overturned his yellow card to let him play in the game. elbowing someone in the face (off the ball) is more likely to get a red than a yellow, and cause a more serious injury.
    Motherwell and other clubs withh be backing celtic, they have been robbed of points which have now put rangers top of the league (undeservably).
    Dont boycott celtic games, let the people sing, let the SFA here our voice. We shall remain faithful through and through and not b moved by the hearts, huns or cheating sfa.

11. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Link??

I think FIFA would veto such an approach tbh

12. Lennon's lass

Fav Celtic Player:
    *~Neil Lennon~*
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry, You'll never walk alone, & coming home!

What can we do? Start a petition? Get all footballing fans, or people who saw the unjustice to sign?
    campaign for european refs? (some of them r worse then the scottish ones?? Seville??)
    I'll b suprised if celtic take it further, i hope they do, they cant let this go or it will keep going on.

13. stoogie 02

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Not sure how this will help us in the short & long term.
    Whilst I feel that something has to be done, I'm not sure that now is the best time to stir things up.
    We could be accused of trying to divert from the fact that the team aren't doing it on the park, as someone has already said, you don't hear these complaints when we have a winning team.

What I would like to see is the refs explaining their decisions, like why Bougherra wasn't sent of for persistent fouling, why Lafferty who had raised his hands & grabbed Brown by the neck wasn't shown a straight red, the rules state that any player raising his hands in a threatening way be shown a straight red.

No matter how this pans out, we will be accused of having sour grapes, and could further hinder us in the big games to come, not just in the SPL, but in future european games, if Celtic get a reputation, it could put more pressure on any referee dealing with our games, & could lead to more mistakes.

TV evidence during games has to be the way forward, it's been a huge success in other sports, and wouldn't add that much extra time to games, can't see many fans complaining about an extra 3-4 mins being added to a game if it clarifies a decision that could potentially win us a game instead of a draw or defeat.

I wonder what the media backlash will be on this, but again, why aren't they asking the right questions, by failing to do so, they are only adding to the paranoia & rumours of a bias towards Rangers.

Have to be honest, I think this will be another storm in a tea cup, & will quickly go away without really affecting any substantial changes.

14. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    'You cannot uneducate the person that has learned to read.'
    .....................................................Cesar Chavez.

Even by talking about it you are helping to raise awareness of the issue. At the moment that is all we need to do. Keep talking about it. Keep raising awareness. Don't let the spotlight fade from highlighting the perculiar rulings and actions.

At the moment this is what is needed; A sustained spotlight on the referees and the SFA. Don't let it fade & we do that by keeping people talking and looking. The SFA are on the defensive now. It is the SFA who decided to uphold the ludicrious red card shown to Brown. They are closing ranks. But a defence is only as strong as its weakest link. Keep up the awareness, keep the spotlight shining and that link will become apparent.

I'm not trying to deflect attention away from our team's performances this season, which, quite simply, has not been good enough. It is well below par. But that does not justify sitting idly by. It might be fine for Mowbray to 'cop it on the chin', but it is not acceptable for the rest of us. For the first time in the history of our club we hold a unique position of strength, and it is now that we need to flex some of that muscle, not just for our own benefit, but for the betterment of the game in Scotland.

15. TimMalloyBhoy

I agree with most of your posts

However you guys go on like this sole season is the only debatable one???

Happened for hundred years lads, we only don't notice it AS MUCH when when we are better than the filth.

For example,, MARTIN ONEILL, we won everything with him but he was still getting banned from touchlines for voicing and going crazy for what was so significantly true

We are evidently ''SORE LOSERS'' as the establishment claim now because its all the mor evident when we play bad. If we win the league with bias refereeing, I'm partially happy, but if we don't, is it so wrong of us to * voice our opinion of the
    establishment?

Is that not human nature?
    “Silence is argument carried out by other means.”

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
  16. Jinky.7

Aye, during the O'Neill years the complaints weren't heard as much. Probably because we were winning. But dodgy decisions were still there....

Don't remember what season exactly these were but - Can remember Rangers got 3, yes 3, penalties at Dens Park when they beat Dundee.

Also can remember when Rangers went to Firhill and Gerry Britton got sent off. He was arguing with the ref and threw his arm to the right, unfortunately for him Craig Moore was standing next to him and got caught. It was totally accidental, but Britton got sent off, and the shame went on to win. Funnily enough it was an extremely tight game.

The scum can come up with a few decisions that have went against them in a couple of seasons, especially the 3 In A Row season...but we can bring up loads from years gone by.

17. gerard1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    i think all this would be a waste of time and money

18. Partickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG/LET THE PEOPLE SING
    None of this was an issue a few seasons back when we were winning...all of a sudden its time for a John Grisham novel stylee - legal battle.

Dear oh dear.....