1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boruc was at fault for the goal on Sunday

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Mar 4, 2010.

Discuss Boruc was at fault for the goal on Sunday in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rorywasabhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Present:Marco Fortune...Past: John 'Yogi' Hughes (60s-70s)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Too many to name.
    Correct!! He didn't exactly create the situation himself, his defence should be protecting this area.

2. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon

Again, that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Do you genuinely think he will have been happy with his effort with a ball straight at him, not hit perfectly or "pured", at chest level? Personally, i think he will have been very disappointed.

3. rorywasabhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Present:Marco Fortune...Past: John 'Yogi' Hughes (60s-70s)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Too many to name.
    So why was no one coming to block the initial shot? The defence allowed too much space....not Arturs fault at all in my opinion.

4. dannybhoy88

one of the worst threads ever, take it brown deserved to be sent off too then ?

5. TimMalloyBhoy

Awww come the * off it. To blame Athur is ridiculous. Best player on the park and you still get stupid celtic fans blaming him. awful, * awful. Should be ashamed and count yourslef lucky a world class goalkeeper is still loyal to Celtic despite our shambolic team

6. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon

I've already said the following:

"Back post defending was poor as well, with Boogy not picked up properly."

I accept that entirely - just saying that at least some of the blame lies with Boruc mate.

7. TimMalloyBhoy

Lets all blame the best player in the park for Celtic's severe shortcomings. Dafty

8. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon

You are ignoring the simple point - whether or not he was our best player matters not when taking one incident in isolation.

The irony of being called a "dafty" by someone who can't understand something so simple has not gone unnoticed, however.

As a footnote, you have called me "stupid" a "dafty" and said i should be "ashamed" all in the last 10 minutes. Watch your tongue. I don't know who you think you are, but if you cannot debate properly, without relying on petty insults, then go and sprout your insights elsewhere.

9. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Ok he fumbled the ball before the goal but what about all the outstanding saves he made in that game .

10. TimMalloyBhoy

I don't think I'm anyone mate. But I will say ''dafty'' as I would say the same to anyone of my mates or family members that said Boruc was to blame. If Boruc was not in that goal we would be in the midst of sorrow from a heavy defeat by that mob.

From what you say, Boruc is more to blame than our defense for conceding?? Ludicrous in my honest opinion. I can't actually form a proper debate with someone who says Boruc cost us the match when in fact, he saved us from getting beat by some margin. I apologise for the ''petty'' insults however I just find the argument against Boruc much to ridiculous to answer with anything but.

Did you actually watch the game? I can't remember the countless times I counted my blessings for having such a competent goalkeeper in goals and then for other tims to say it was his fault we lost, laughable.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
  11. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon

No - once again that's NOT what i am saying as per prior post:

Back post defending was poor as well, with Boogy not picked up properly.

I accept that entirely - just saying that at least some of the blame lies with Boruc mate.

I would say they are on a par, but that any rational for Boruc being faultless is significantly flawed.

12. TimMalloyBhoy

Admittedly I did not pick up on your prior post mate, however, my gripe is, why even mention Boruc was at fault. He pulled off a countless number of saves that I didn't believe to be possible and then to actually state, 'Boruc's fault as well as others' frustrates me. Our dire defense should not have let boyd be in the position to hit a near enough point blank shot at Boruc. You get what am saying?

13. Lennon's lass

Fav Celtic Player:
    *~Neil Lennon~*
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry, You'll never walk alone, & coming home!
    The SFA were at fault for the goal on sunday. Boruc kept us in the game. If bougerrra had his yellow cards given, he would have been off n the ball wouldnt of been played into the box. if boyde hadnt had his yellow card over turned from the game before he wouldnt have been on the pitch. * whose to say if scotty wasnt still on the pitch that he'd have cleared it, and then scored the winning goal. but unfortunately this didnt happen, sure it was a scrappy goal, but we couldnt have asked from more from our goalie, and our 10men did pretty well given the animalistic way rangers played (and 11men remeined on their side of the pitch)

14. WeHateRangers

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover

Its also the whole team aswell. We should be scoring more goals. Boruc was the only good player on the pitch.

15. Razorbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Watch that waste of space Samaras,doesnt pick anyone up and runs away from the ball.Cant believe the anti- Boruc brigade.Are these the same people who ran Caldwell and McManus out of the team for "ball playing" O'Dea and Loovens who ive yet to see string 2 passes together, and idea of playing the Celtic way is to hoof it up field.At least Caldwells passes reached someone.

16. McDonald_7

Fav Celtic Player:
    the holy goalie!+, aidinho
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This thread is an embarressament tbh

17. The Legend Of Lubo

boruc was clearly man of the match :31:

18. Bratfurdbhoy1

Get aff the Holy Gialie's Back!

C'mon I know Artur has been * at times over the last 18 to 24 mths but,since the turn of the year he is starting to show why we love him to bits!!!!!
    He is like all goalies excellent to heart breaking!

19. Eamon67

Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhran Na bh Fiann
  20. Dirk_Diggler

Doesnt really matter who,s fault it was to be honest we never looked like winning that game evn with 11 players on the park:50:

We bottled it, players werent fired up for it, and never ever looked like we were going to cause them problems, if you want to blame anybody well blame whoever didnt clear there lines and get rid of the cross, the shot should never have come in on the first place:50: