1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

THIS IS WHY WE ARE 'PARANOID'!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jamiebhoy67, Feb 14, 2010.

Discuss THIS IS WHY WE ARE 'PARANOID'! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Frank_the_bhoy

Can't beleive that from a celtic fan who has had to endure these constant bad refereeing decisions against us can simply say that rangers have had anywhere near as many When that is true

You can count on one finger the amount of decisions that haven't gone there way this season, There is no doubt we have contributed to our own position at the moment but it dosn't make it right that we have been put at such a dis-advantage from all these decisions.

2. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    You're very naive.

Decisions favouring Rangers have been going on for years and years, it used to be even worse in the 50's and 60's apparently where there were obviously no tv coverage or replays, we would get goals chopped off for no apparent reason (Even worse than Fortune's last month).

Rangers have had almost 30% more penalties than us over the last 5 seasons, with us being the more successful, attacking team through that period, it is baffling how they got more penalties than us. They constantly get soft penalties, and as recent as yesterday.

They've got more penalties than us 9 out of the last 10 seasons, how can that be possible for 2 teams supposedly at a similar level?

3. bigsteve1967

Gaz - Im not doubting what you say but what website did you get this info from. I want to point my hun brother in law in its direction. Thanks

4. BrianQuinn

Fav Celtic Player:
    None
    Actually the two Falkirk games have been a farce this season. With the game at 3-3 and minutes to go McDonald knocks the ball into the net. The goal is chopped off and replays show that he was yards onside. Shocking decision.

At Parkhead we were denied a stonewall penalty when Fortune was brought down with 10 minutes to go. Even Eddie May admitted it was stonewall and Falkirk got away with murder.

That wasn't the only bizarre decision in that game. Boruc was penalised for apparently carrying the ball outside the box. Replays showed he was a mile inside the box. Naylor was also punished for apparently taking a foul throw when yet again the officials got it wrong.

I'm not taking away the fact that we were absolutely terrible in these 2 matches which we were. We were woeful but the amount of terrible decisions in these 2 games was unreal. Biased refereeing if i have ever seen it.

Totally blatant yet there is no shame.

5. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    now im not paranoid but they say decisions even themselves out over a season.for them to even out this season we would need to extend it by a year.

6. DarnB

If the decisions even them selfs out we are in for an amazing end to the season. I would say I'm getting paranoid when nearly every game i watch it seems the refs * up against us or for rangers. Then i probly think about it to much and the fact is if we win the league and rangers dont get a buyer they go into admin and probly bust and we wouldnt be to far behind them.

7. Conor1888

:50::50::50: good post

8. Tommybhoy1994

Fav Celtic Player:
    gary hooper.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    IJCGE.
    this says it all:47:

Attached Files:

9. Scottishchris

I'm not denying decisons have gone against us this season but considering all that rangers have had to deal with not buying players and the coaching staff working without contracts we should be ahead of them regardless of very poor officiating. Rangers i can't remember have had a good few decisions against them as well to be fair. Mendes sent off at killie very harsh,Bougherra gives away a harsh penalty and gets sent off at motherwell,miller sent off against utd missed old firm game,Hamilton got a cheap penalty against rangers in the cup. Obviously rangers got a cheaper penalty and has had a * of a lot of decisions. I just look at the bigger picture and you have to look deeper than a conspiracy.

10. gerry_bhoy

They do, mate. and some.

Thats what makes it such a * up dynamic. We both want to be and believe we are the oppressed minority.

Suppose it makes supporting a team that wins almost every weekend appear a bit more challenging - otherwise we'd all be glory hunters

The same mob we call the laptop loyal, they call the mhedia, and so on.

Biases exist of course, but its not some one sided full blown conspiracy against us.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
  11. gerry_bhoy

Did you write this, mate. Or is this the one thats going about the huddleboard I've heard about?

12. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Works both ways and its not like this is the only league in the world it happens , our problem is we cant * defend ,

13. mcneill67

thought i would post in here instead of making a new thread coz its the same subject a cant believe noone has mentioned miller diving yesterday a was waitin for the pundits or papers today to mention it but all they said is it was soft?? :rolleyes: if this was mcgeady or someone else the papers would be all over it and be callin him a cheat influencing refs for the next time he goes down in the box so theres no pen. hun goes down when nobody touches him = soft! celtic player does = cheat.

14. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    People harp on about Rangers fans not complaining as much as us. The simple answer to that is they don't have as much to complain about. It's not rocket science.

These mugs go on phone in's and moan about Celtic fans complaining about referee decisions, but it's all designed to take the attention away. The press have called us paranoid for as long as I can remember. Paranoia doesn't last that long.

15. MarcoVanBeasten

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bertie Auld
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone

It may have been many, MANY years ago, but we once played two games in ONE DAY, winning both.

Besides, 4 games in 8 days? You're talking about grown men who are paid handsomely to BE FIT. They should be fit enough to play a game every day of the week if required.

Players are pampered and mollycoddled over enough as it is without fans like yourself making excuses for them.

16. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    back in the 90s there was definate bias towards rangers nowadays not so much , there was a period last year when we got alot decisions going for us and we werent complaing then, although i dont think hugh dallas should be head of the referees because he was/is a bias *

17. MarcoVanBeasten

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bertie Auld
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You can add Boyd's elbow on Zemmama to the list of * that the huns have got away with. Just seen it on Sportscene. Clearly deliberate.

18. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye, and it was classed as obstruction :97:

The Miller penalty too, * disgrace. It just seems there's a talking point after every single Rangers game now, and it's about decisions going their way.

We're paranoid though.

19. tez mctic

and miller on the way down "before he was touched" good old conroy.
    prove how your not a tim bt punishing us you czunt

20. mcneill67

a posted this earlier wee pat nevin the only person in scottish media to come out and call it a dive