1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it over?!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by GavR1888, Feb 14, 2010.

Discuss Is it over?! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Conor1888

going by my heart no but going by my head it is over but we will just have to wait and hope

2. Bratfurdbhoy1

Known our luck wi defenders!

Known our luck , we would sign the Spanish man - then he would get injured!!!:54:

3. jiko

When we got beat to 10 man Motherwell at home a couple of seasons ago I was at the point of being distraught.. I think the hun beat us 1-0 around that time and huns were openely celebrating the league title , as huns do.. We are in a simlar situation now where every player has to stand up and be counted , no more lazy passes or challenges from players , or even kick-outs from Boruc.. Time for everyone to switch on and start to claw back the 10 point gap.. I watched the huddle on Channel 67 tonight and they gave as positive an outlook as anyone I've heard yet.. Huns have to goto Perth to play St Johnstone at the weekend , while we have a home game.. Then we simply have to go to Ibrox and play like we are there to make a statement.. huns lose to St Johnstone and we win both our games , and the gap is 4 points..
    It's never that easy but that's what the gap would be with what , 11 games still to play.. The huns couldn't beat 10 man Hearts and lost to 10 man Aberdeen in the last month and a bit.. They have to play this midweek in a cup replay and there's no telling how they will handle all their remaining fixtures.. Yes , we are just as likely to drop points as they are but Celtic teams have managed to galvanise team spirit and peg back a similar size of deficit in the past and now that we are getting towards having a full squad to choose from , we are getting towards being as strong as we have been all season , Keane is getting better , We have a penalty box poacher in Rasmussen and we have Hooiveld and Hinkel to slot back in and help keep it tight at the back... Regardless of stick being thrown at TM , the players must also be hurting after the recent disappointments and they must feel they owe the fans big time..

It's payback time now..

4. mcneill67

no chance the league is over put ma score on the day 4/1 a got * price for 10pts but jst wanted to wind ma bookie up whos a hun and thinks hes a * expert so just lookin forward to slappin that slip dwn and sayin told u u fat * now show me the money any body in here thinks its over give me a decent price if yous are so sure its over give me 50/1 and ill take that bet all day long boys

5. Quiet Assassin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Paul McStay, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think you'd like to think his job security is so shaky. Mowbray will NOT be sacked either this season, or in the close season and quite rightly so.

You stated prior to Mowbray's appointment that you were against it and you're now allowing your obvious dislike for him to cloud your judgement. I find it incredible that you're almost "willing" the board to issue him a P45 less than a year into a job which entails one of the largest squad rebuilds most of us have witnessed in many years.

Changing a squad is one of the hardest things any manager has to go through and drawing straight line comparisons with the rebuilding work Strachan and MON went through is ridiculous. Different sets of circumstances, different players, different budgets etc.

His job security doesn't rely on two upcoming performances against the 3rd best defence in Europe and all I can say is thank * you're not on the board....you have an extremely short term outlook.

6. DanniGhirl

I hope you're right QA and the board have the gumption to see this through and not bow down to the more impatient elements of our support.

7. bigsteve1967

Quiet assasin - Is there defence the third best in Europe ? * me, never realised they held that statistic just now, saw something saying they had best defence in Uk this season but didnt think it extended to Europes high rankings too. Makes no difference i guess, our forwards arent where our problem is, i still fancy us scoring against them, its just how many we concede that bothers me.

8. jaseybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mc Geady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    So is the title race over?

Will we get back into it?

9. Scottishchris

The answer to your question will be revealed at ibrox on the 28th.

10. malc40

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Mcstay, Henrik Larsson, Danny Mcgrain,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley, Fields of Athenry, Celtic Song, You'll Never Walk Alone
    Cant see it myself to be honest, i guess a lot depends on the next 2 games.

11. Tommybhoy1994

Fav Celtic Player:
    gary hooper.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    IJCGE.
    theres always a chance :celt_2:

12. ladbroke8

Not over by a long shot

13. MartinR

never no got to keep the faith stranger things have ha[pend over the past 4 years i think rangers are still to drop points besides us so if we win the nxt to thats 6 n we can only hope for luck to go in our favour is sad to think that they * could win the league with 3 games to go

14. jaseybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mc Geady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    How many games have we left to play?

15. georgiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    10 points behind with 13 to go...... improbable but not imposible. i for one am not gonna give up . still backing mogga

16. CMcphail88

39 points avaliable, 10 points behind, next 2 games are vital.

17. Frank_the_bhoy

We aren't quite at the point of no return but we can't lose one of the old firm games that's for sure.

But if by some miracle the defence is sorted then it's possible, let's not forget rankers goal difference that's basically an extra point/ :54: so we are 11 off the pace really.

18. jaseybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mc Geady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.

Going by this,there is quite a bit to play for,no way is this over yet.

I have a good feeling about this,despite the recent results.:50:

19. Celtic4ever

Fav Celtic Player:
    Dalglish, Jinky, Lubo, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Ive always tried to be positive throughout our ups and downs and until it's mathematically impossible, I believe we can do it! We just need the team to have the same believe!!

Hail Hail

20. AmericanCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Skippy, JVoH, McCourt, Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Not likely, but the answer to your question is no, not until it is mathematically impossible.