1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lennon has the attitude!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bratfurdbhoy1, Feb 9, 2010.

Discuss Lennon has the attitude! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bratfurdbhoy1

Neil Lennon's quote today on the website about the reserves!

“I also want them to have an understanding of each other and what the club is about, so that when they pull that shirt on, it means everything to them'.

Get Neil involved in the 1st team with this attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!:47:

PASSIONATE THAT BHOY!!!!

2. mcneill67

am sure peter grants letting the bhoys now the score just not in public but i do agree lenny should get his chance through time to be involved in someway seems to be doin a good job with the reserves

3. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    There's no doubt Lennon's the sort of man you want around foreign players or players new to the club, he'll let them know exactly what playing for Celtic means.

However, Mowbray has chosen the staff he wants to work with and if that doesn't involve Lennon, then we have to respect that I'm afraid.

4. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    would like lenny to leave celtic and get some experience somewhere else first b4 taking us on as his first big job but ye never no he might excell at us first time around

would like to see him n lambo giv it a go in a few years

5. robbiekeane7

Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing/ hailhail

LENNON'S A LEGEND GOOD POST

6. mcneill67

i would aswell in a few years let them learn there trade and they might be in charge of us for 20 yrs like ferguson at man u imagine wot kids could learn from a lennon lambert larsson and lubo dream team in a few seasons :celt_2: p.s your allowed to dream lol

7. Tictical_Genius

So, all that's required to be a professional coach is a passion and understanding for the club your at? If thats the case why are'nt we all first team coaches???

Lennon is where he should be in this stage of his development, in fact it could be argued that coaching Celtic reserves is a plum job that he should have had to earn elsewhere first, for someone with so little coaching experience.

8. mcneill67

thats what everyone is saying let them learn the trade a few years then in a few years see what happens

9. Bratfurdbhoy1

One of the ingredients!

If you read any of my posts you will know that I am well behind Mowbray and I am all for the skilful game that Tony is trying to achieve for us!

But one thing that I see and it is only from the outside looking in, is that their are times in certain games, that having Lennon on the sidelines will-

1. Motivate Players.
    2. Influence Refs and Linesman.
    3. Maybe he will have different on ideas on who to sub and when to sub them????????????

I agree that Lennon needs to learn his trade, but I would take a punt with him in the 1st team set up.

I would even make him the 'water-bhoy' to get him involved so as not to disrupt the Grant and Venus partnership.

Or should it be 'holly water- bhoy'-

LOL!!!!!!!!!! :56::56:

Backing Mowbray to get the team right!

10. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

I dont think Lennon would influence any referee.

Well he might,but may not be the influence you would hope for.

11. mankinduncan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jackie McNamara
    It would be good experience for Lenny to manage the first team for the remainder of the season once they get around to sacking tony!

12. bigsteve1967

Agree with most, Lennon needs to earn his coaching wings before he is given 1st team. His passion and love for Celtic wont win games from a coaching point of view. Give him time to learn and who knows, he could become a legend for us, both on and off the park

13. Capriano

The simple fact is - lennon cant be any worse than the 3 stoodgies we have in charge now

14. jiko

Nah I don't think so.. Even from a cynical point of view I'd have Mowbray in charge untill the end of the season because he's got us into the situation we are in and should be given the opportunity to get us out of it..
    Could you imagine the abuse Lennon would take at monkey world in a couple of weeks time , if he was in charge , when we go there trailing them in the league.. It would just be a 100% lording it over us bigotfest aimed at Neil , which would overshadow the football match and probably be one of the worst experiences any new manager would ever have to go through..

15. Conor1888

lennon needs to be on that coaching staff for the 1st team for sure

16. Brendan Hughes

I would rather Lennon was the manager than that clown Mowbray to be honest

17. jiko

REALLY ? So your stance hasn't changed since yesterday then... :rolleyes:

18. AmericanCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Skippy, JVoH, McCourt, Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'd love to see the headlines the day after an OF match with Lennon on the sidelines:

BIGOTED LENNON OFFERS REFS 60 QUID TO "* OFF THE HUNS"

19. maldoon2007

I have said this before, WGS took Lennon into the first team set-up when we were goin through a bad patch and he was always on the touchline shouting the odds.

Think it would be a good move to get him back in that dugout, not as a replacement for TM but just as a first team coach.

His passion for Celtic to do well no matter what would rub of on the new Bhoys.

20. BENJDEBO

Fav Celtic Player:
    the team
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail the celts are here
    yes i agree with that:shamrock: