1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Best place in Celtic park etc..

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Vincent, Feb 2, 2010.

Discuss Best place in Celtic park etc.. in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Vincent

Hello, I'm Vincent and I'm from the Netherlands. In the weekend op april 10 i'm in Glasgow with a friend of mine and we want to visit the match against Motherwell. I already registered on the Celtic FC website and I'm waiting for the moment they will go on sale. My question is, what's the best place to be seated? We want to have a good taste of the atmosphere, but also want to have a good view on the pitch.
    Second question: what's a nice pub, near Celtic Park, to have a drink before the match?

Thanks for your answers, and we are already looking forward to this weekend!

2. Churchill

Hiya mate

My own personal opinion is upper tier but first couple rows, lower tier is good yes but depends were u are in the stadium, its kind of annoying if you gotta keep standin up anytime the players are at the opposite end, any upper tier area in central is good 403 - 408 is good, but as you will be buying general sale tickets you may not have alot of good choice, opposite end of the goals aint so bad either, depends on your choice, singin areas for atmosphere 443 444 445, you can see a seating map on the website.

As for pubs theres a good few close by to the stadium but someone from glasgow will have a better idea of that.

3. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    walk down gallowgate, you will have plenty of pubs to pick from and they will all be 'celtic' pubs.

4. Johnst1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown or Maloney or Skippy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony n the St Pauli Song
    the section for atmoshpere will be area 111

5. clonakilty

as close as you can get to sectiuon 111 next to green brigade not front row hard to see gallow gate plenty of pubs brazen head also a good pub. you wont have to get dressed up for theese pubs. if you want trendy pubs then o neils or jinky mcginties .bar 67 my favourite before game

6. FCnotPLC

north curve section 111, is probably the best atmosphere in the stadium, if you take a walk down the gallowgate their is plenty of Celtic pubs

7. Vincent

The match against motherwell is to be played at tuesday april 12, because the semi final of the cup is being played on saturday. Tickets for this match are not yet on sale, but will it be possible for me to get 2 tickets for this match, and how?

8. DanniGhirl

Are you meaning tickets for the semi-final or the Motherwell game?

9. Vincent

Tickets for the semi-final. We go back to the Netherlands on Sunday, so the match against Motherwell is not possible, unfortunately.

10. DanniGhirl

Contact the ticket office just now mate and explain the situation and hopefully they'll be able to sort you out, just phone them and tell them of your travel arrangements.

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    you should go to the louden mate....remember wear your tic top :50:

kidden on by the way.unless your a nutter

12. paul-r-cfc

I doubt the semi final will sell out seen as its not against rangers so you should get tickets

13. Vincent

I've sent an email to Celtic with the same question as here: how to get tickets for the semi-final. Hope they can help me. If it's not sold out, will the tickets go on general sale? We arrive on thursday, so we have plenty of time left to buy the tickets in Glasgow if possible.

14. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Vincent, keep an eye on the official website as well and if the regular tickets are sold out or only available to season ticket holders, you can maybe buy a hospitality package (which is much more expensive).

Tickets

Veel plezier in Glasgow, het is echt een toffe stad (have fun in Glasgow, it is a great city)!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2010
  15. YNWA_CELTIC_FC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley - Current, Larsson - All Time
    reccomend 111 - green brigade, or 122 - new upcoming group - Comrades. Hail Hail.

LET THE PEOPLE SING

16. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah come up to the back of 122 we really need support