1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

WBA fans opinion of Mowbray's start at Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 18, 2010.

Discuss WBA fans opinion of Mowbray's start at Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Hendo*

he made the hibs defence * aswell

2. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Exactly. I can't see how Mowbray's tactics are to blame. It's our defenders making individual errors.

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If Mowbray had the team operating a little more defensively the players may not make these individual errors.

4. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    At the end of the day folks why don’t we realise that he aint going to cut it. Lets not forget he is now managing in the SPL not the EPL. Shouldn’t it be easier in a league that’s standard is way way way lower than the EPL. No wonder he is going for Loan signings board probably don’t want to see anoher £4mill * up the wall! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

5. wulliebad

Whats more worrying is....if celtic are going to lose goals and lose games the way he did in the epl then what did he learn...?.
    And lets be honest here folk....if you cant sort out a defence for the spl then what the * are you doing in football.
    That said......it takes time,we still have to play a 18 or 19 year old in defence and lee i cant * cross naylor due to injury.
    I will moan at * results and poor games but he has my support untill next year,he should have made steps in the right direction by then.
    Fingers crossed.

6. die_hard_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields
    Miller steals the ball off Loovens, the falkirk lad takes it off big Mc. How is Mowbray to fault?

Mowbray's team held Rangers to a singular chance in an Old Firm game. does that not indicate anything positive?

Maybe not entirely positive as that chance was a scored set piece, but I watched that OF game optimistic about the way we bossed rangers.

7. Frank_the_bhoy

I've said it time and time again it's dosen't matter who he brings in he won't work with the defence and things won't improve., He dosen't know how to organise them.

8. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

We totally outplayed them.

But we played with an intensity and a purpose against Rangers that we then lacked against Falkirk.

Individual mistakes and a lack of goals are really costing us points, a problem similar to Mogga's WBA side in the EPL.

9. dave_mck

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA/Let the people Sing
    I dont understand how he cannot organise them considering he was a defender himself.

10. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone

Thats the scary thing!

11. greg2467

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Time: Lubo Present: Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Willy Maley
    The statment regarding the defence is the one that worries me most!!

Our defence does need to improve rapidly although I do buy into this "project" that Mowbray talks about. I do think that he will improve the team over the course of the season

12. The Mighty Atom

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No, it was a shambles I can remember every corner and free kick that came into our box especially since we played zonal I was crappin it every time.

13. Joebhoy

do people on here have short memories our defence under strachan was just as bad surley no 1 can forget the shambles aginst aberdeen mulgrew swinging crosses into the box and our defence watching the stars:31::31:

14. KingHenrik777

My thoughts entirely

15. toperomekoms

Fav Celtic Player:
    current Artur Boruc alltime stephane mahe
    Fav Celtic Song:
    forever and ever
    who cares wot the WBA fans say they are prob just bitter! the defence is bad but mogga is not to blame for the stupidity of mick heid and loovens. the guy who said we need to replace hinkle is on crack one of our best players this season! we are a work in process the football has improved and the results will to shortly. pressing the panic button now like so many of u r doing only panders to the media and further underminds the work mogga is doing here. KEEP THE FAITH! a good celtic man like mogga deserves our support thru thick and thin for the length of his contract. and get of fortunes back too the press had him a flop before he kicked a ball and to many of u have followed keith jackshun and co the guy has played (off the top of my head) 15 games and scored prob 5 or 6 goals he could finish the season with more goals than king henrik scored in his 1st yr.

16. Oxford67

First post troops, hail hail!
    Not particularly worried about this tbh, must bear in mind that Mogga got WBA out of the Championship, which is no easy league to get out of. He struggled in the EPL but his squad was massively underfunded comparatively and to see them go down was no surprise, given the lack of quality he could afford.
    As for his time at Celtic thus far, I find the criticism of him abhorrent and antithetical to very central aspects of Celtic, such as loyalty, decency and perseverance due to faith in an eventual 'golden sky', as it were. Celtic are not, and should never seek to become, a sacking clun in which managers are given no time. 7 months is not enough time to rebuild a football side that was badly imbalanced and stale when WGS left.
    My faith in him is not built on club ideals alone, however. On the pitch the improvements are clear and I don't reckon he is given enough credit for his work in the transfer market on this forum, especialy after Strachan's record (Naka and Boruc apart). N'Guemo looks a snip; Fox was relatively cheap and as the last few games have shown, a massive improvement on Naylor; Fortune is a tidy footballer, albeit one that needs a very particular type of entre forward alongside him, but he is a good player; Ki looks a good signing by all accounts; ZZ was a great piece of business, composed and very versatile, etc. Moreover, in Crossas, Sammy and McGeady, he has brough much more than the previous regime ever did.
    It will come under Mogga, last thing to come for a new side is clinical edge, but it will arrive, of that I am sure, keep the faith. Sorry for length of this, first post and wanted to get that off my chest!!!
    :celt_2:

17. Rosario FC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain, Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, The Celtic Song
    Welcome to Talk Celtic :50:
    You do realise you have to post like that all the time now:icon_mrgreen:

18. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

An oddly sensible post during a difficult period for the club. Welcome to the forum.

19. gunt

I think there is an underestimation if how expensive quality is at CH and CF. OK you can make steals where you get a top class player for peanuts like Larsson etc but they are random and only happen every so often - Artur and Naka being the most recent cases (and they were signed about 4 and a half years ago now). You only occasionally win a watch and most of the time you get what you pay for. CHs and CFs of quality will be known about and their value is above anything we have ever spent, even in the big MON splash. We will probably have to sell Artur or Aidan to fund those purchases.

20. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Very true.