1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Roy Keanes testimional? what a shambles thats going to be

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Kerr_OConnor, Apr 12, 2006.

Discuss Roy Keanes testimional? what a shambles thats going to be in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. andrewhoha

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    yea this is nothing to worry about...anyway we beat man united the last time we played them in the states.

2. TONYC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Of all time? Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    This site was great for a laugh and is or was made better than anything the Sons of William could offer by such clever guys as Dhubs, Munich and Davie Glasgow. However, I'm catching my breath with the * some people post here about the newly crowned, in record time,SPL Champions because we didn't have the decency of doing Coventry and thereby set the alarm bells ringing among some people whos memory is so short I can only put it down to the fact their knackers haven't dropped yet so their attention span is poor.
    If you fear coming to Manchester for Keane's game then stay at home and do your homework. I live down here and the thought of over 25000 hoops coming down is brilliant. So what if we don't beat them? Is that us * overnight? Nah! We were * last August in Bratislava and Motherwell. Now? We don't look world beaters but we're not in bad shape considering there's still work to do. So back off the bhoys, they've just restored pride to this club we would never have thought possible at the start of the season

3. shaun 1968

well said HAIL HAIL

4. hannef

we beat Blackburn and Liverpool not long ago, lets not look at every little testimonial result with such significance...it won't make us chapions of the world if we beat United nor are Coventry better than Celtic

come on get over our Scottish league insecurities, recent years have proved our worth

we'll always be competitive, Seville Blackburn, Liverpool and Euro runs have proved that

5. topgunii

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    1st in Scotland v 2nd in England.

Where will yer bet? huh?

6. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    These testimonials are a chance to prove we can cope with english sides. Mind when sutton slapped beckham!

7. shaun 1968

i think over the years we have proved we can cope with the english when it really matters

8. shaun 1968

i think over the years we have proved we can cope with the english when it really matters

9. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Blackburn, Liverpool & Barcelona werent as good then as they are now

10. ronnie1uk

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I am going to manchester and to be honest i dont care if we get beat 10-0 as every one else has said these games its not the winning [although it would be nice] its going down ,having a great time and honouring the great ROY KEANE,win or lose IM going to have a ball:party048: :ynwacelti :champ:

11. Mark

Over reaction.

Was the match not 1-1 at half time anyway before all the subs? Get a reality check. It was a testamonial. If the match meant something, I'm very confident Celtic would have came out on top.

And as for the friendly against United - who cares the result. We could win, they could win - no one knows.

I bet if it was a Champions League game against Man Utd at Celtic Park you would have faith in Celtic pulling off a result?

We have nothing to prove against the English. And I would rather do it in a competitive match like we did a few years back against Liverpool and Blackburn rather than a friendly. Wasn't long ago we beat Man Utd 2-1 in a friendly in the USA.

12. Needtoknow

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady/VOH/Maloney/Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Roy Keane is one of the greatest players in the modern game and has been for the last 12 years. Its a tribute to him, not about who wins.Just have the crack.

:celt_2: Hail:shamrock: Hail:celt_2: Roy Keane

13. hammy1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    LOL - I cant beleive anyone is gettin worked up about a testimonial result, these games are about having a good time and enjoying yourself, the result isnt important

14. TAMBURNSSPECS

Fav Celtic Player:
    used to be Paul Wilson,then Tommy Burns,then........the list is endless.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If my memory is correct,didn,t MON lose all of the pre-season friendlies at the begining of his tenure at Paradise and to much smaller clubs than Coventry, too!?:shamrock: