1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scummy banks win charges court case

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by celtic_bhoy81, Nov 25, 2009.

Discuss Scummy banks win charges court case in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    BBC News - Banks win Supreme Court case on overdraft charges

Scum bags!! That lassie in the video has been charged £3000 in a YEAR!!!

This was like a fOOtball case. Eduardo (the banks) gets done for cheating and is duely punished. He appeals it and wins the case. What is the point in punishing someone when an appeal is almost guaranteed to overturn the decision?

I've cancelled all but two of my direct debits because I got charged nearly £600 in just over two months.:47::47::47:

2. Markybhoy

* sakes. They were saying on the news this moring there was about a 70% chance the banks were going to lose their appeal. :87:

3. paulmitchell

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Crosas, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Ive been waiting on this outcome before i tried reclaiming, wont waste my time now lol.

4. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It was never gonnae happen, not when the government bailed the banks out. This would cost the banksa * load.

They always take the charges off at the worst time. Usually just before my rent comes off. I think they do it deliberately.

5. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    banks are just another part of legalised corruption along with mp's who claim for anything that doesnt exist in this country.the so called goverment and and other parties along with the top buisiness men in this country are more crooked than all the guys already in prison.* disgrace that the poor are the ones who once again are the people who are gonny suffer at the hands of banks while these * reep the benefits.the judge was probably part of it.

6. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Another case of the 'rich get richer and the poor get the picture'.

After the govt had to bail half of these 'institutions' out of trouble, was it ever really likely that the banks would have to hand back anything that they have worked so hard to thieve?

7. liam_tmt7

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Ditto!

Had a tidy wee sum in charges back in my student days as well. Bstards!

8. rootesmon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fave of the moment Boruc in the near past Moravcik, furhter back TB
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Anything by CATB
    This doesn't surprise me in the least. And to be honest it wouldn't make any difference, as banks have already stated they would charge for all Cash machine transactions if they had to cut charges. They are tossers of the highest order and the government and all big business have made it almost impossible to live without them:31:

9. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    i hate banks with a vengeance! they are like a legalised loan shark! they charge scandolous amounts of money screw you over big time! get bailed out! buy us the tax payer! and do this * all over again and make profits.and where does the profits go? certainly not back into the econonmmy that helped them out of course! but big * bonuses will go to the fat cats:47: so glad i no longer have an account! they are a shower of dirty theiving * the lot of them.

10. Hendo*

* sake!!! i hate these *, they rob u so much, altho i think there new system they are bringing in is much better, but b4 if u were in debt they wud charge u for being in debt... how can tht make sence lol

11. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    100% agree. this reeks of corruption.

12. Brendan Hughes

13. meekylarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Drunken Duncan
    the government own most of the banks, so there was no chance they wouldnt win!!!

14. Richmal

I am sick at this, i was hoping for a good amount back, it stinks

15. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    well it looks like they will continue to rob people lads? * disgraceful they * get away with this pish tbh.

16. padee

Fav Celtic Player:
    N'Guemo (this season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Streets of New York
    i hope they take it to the european court now because there is no way this can carry on, i had to pay about £300 charges at the end of the summer, the extent to which they charge cannot be justified.

17. Hendo*

* hate the * i wudda been due a grand atleast

18. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ceasar, Maestro, Lubo, Henrik, Naka, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry

And who do you think runs the European Courts? Same * that run our Courts - the Banking cartel families like the Rothchilds.

You are appealing to the same people that you have your original case against, it's a situation you will never win.

We would have to take the situation out of their hands & stop using the Banks, or set up Co-Ops which are run & owned by us. The taxpayer "apparantly" owns some of the biggest banks in UK now, due to the buyout.

The taxpayer "owned" banks have gotten themselves into massive debt from "the bank of England" printing money out of thin air. Who owns the Bank of England & therefore the debt due from the taxpayer's bank?

Yep - the Rothchilds.
    Rothschild banking family of England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh & I see today that "Lord" Mandleson is cavorting with the Rothchilds again, this time the slimey power obssessed knobjockey is sucking up to Gaddafi's son shooting pheasants & making deals on getting all that lovely OIL, just as long as the Rothchilds get their cut too.

Peter Mandelson and Muammar Gaddafi's son at shooting party | Politics | The Guardian

19. Tictical_Genius

Well, thank * for that!

Had the banks lost the case, they'd have to come up with 'initiatives' in order to finance the payouts. Someone has to pay, and it certainly wouldn't be the likes of Sir Fred!

This would result in new charges for previously free services (e.g. having a current account, withdrawing cash from ATM's, DD transactions etc) and increased charges on existing paid-for facilities.

In the end, it would be the folk who have managed their money properly for years, bailing out the feckless that did'nt take responsibility of their finances.