1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

I would get this down asap

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Cfc-Ghod, Nov 1, 2009.

Discuss I would get this down asap in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. conorbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    what you've said about standing is everything that is wrong with parkhead nowadays. the atmosphere is * terrible. if the whole stadium was like that, and not just a small section, we'd again have the best stadium for atmosphere once again.

2. conorbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    from those two clips what did you see that was offensive????

i'm all for leaving political songs outta the ground, but not one political or rebel song was sang.

3. DanniGhirl

I agree that the removal of terracing has contributed to the decline in atmosphere, however, that's not Celtic or the stewards fault so until standing is allowed again then the songs will have to be sung from our seats.

4. Henke.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Murdoch, Henke, Jinky, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This is how it feels to be Celtic
    You're bang out of order mate. The Green Brigade are as much Celtic supporters as you and me.

5. rootesmon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fave of the moment Boruc in the near past Moravcik, furhter back TB
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Anything by CATB
    Saying that is all well and good, IF, there is a level playing field. Did the countless police and Stewards at the games against Vienna and Hamburg and even Hearts try and get their fans to sit down. Simple answer is NO. Hamburg fans were being physically restrained by police and stewards, but not ejected. Sitting in 111 i can see an agenda, maybe not as bad as some make out, but it is there all the same:50:

6. conorbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over

sorry, but i gotta disagree there. those clips looked amazing, it's what being at a football ground is all about. i'm fed up when i get the chance to go to a game and am surrounded by boring *.

i don't get over often but each time i do i see a decline in the atmosphere.

i predicted that though when we were starting to play well again (MON days), i thought 'wow, this is a great time to support the celts but, unfortunately we'll soon be surrounded by glory hunters'. sadly we have so many of those type of supporters now.

i'm not saying that everyone that wants to sit at a game is a glory hunter, as that was what the family stand is for. surely there's no more than 8,000 that wanna sit like that at a game though. if there is, well then parkhead is not worth calling paradise anymore.

7. Captain Howdy

What's wrong with that?

8. DanniGhirl

I'm agreeing that it looks good and would be great if it was allowed, but the fact is that the Taylor report led to stadiums being made all seater, that's what is not Celtic or the stewards fault.

I'd love to see a terracing area brought back to Celtic Park but until it's allowed (which may be never) we have to generate noise from our seats.

I want to see a better atmosphere at the games and the more people that join in the better but the stewards are going to tell people to sit down and don't deserve to be abused for doing their job.

9. conorbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    i agree with you on the steward point as they're only carrying out orders. but we can agree to disagree on the standing issue. i go to the games for the atmosphere. my living room is where i sit down and watch a game.

the taylor report was a knee * reaction too a terrible terrible day for football and of course the families of the victims, but surely there's a way of organising terracing in a well organised way.

10. DanniGhirl

I'm agreeing with you mate, I want to stand at the football, * ask Henke, I don't even sit in the pub when watching the games :56:

However my point is that it's currently not allowed, I'd love to see terracing brought back in a safe and organised way, but until it is we'll have to use the seats.

11. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Stand on the seats and give it loads.

:50:

12. Firefly

Fav Celtic Player:
    Was Lubo, Now Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On or Let The People Sing
    Some great vids of the GB at Hearts game in this thread. Class. And the Paddy McCourts * Army chant is just abit of harmless fun, noothing wrong with it.

13. jocksteinlower

Fav Celtic Player:
    HOOPER
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    the green brigade are improving the atmosphere at cp big time and there are a lot of people around the ground who want to move there surely the powers that be can relocate people that wanna sit and people that wanna sing !! i know where i wanna be , pat mc courts * army !!!!!!!:celt_2:

14. Johnst1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown or Maloney or Skippy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony n the St Pauli Song
    Thats what i like to hear :icon_mrgreen: haha

And btw, there are clubs in other countrys who have made safe terracing in there stadiums so it is possible :50:

15. conorbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    i apoligise, i've actually picked you up all wrong. i was getting the impression you were one of those types of people that if someone was standing near you you'd have a problem with it.

hail hail

16. WonderBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald, McGeady, Boruc, Lubo.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    All Of Them
    Germany has everything right. Section of their stadium are terracing and they're probably safer than most ground about.

It's funny checking out some boring farts on her moaning about some rebel songs as if they've never been sang before. Has the SFA punished Celtic for these songs being sung? No, because they can't.

Watching and Singing and clapping on seats looks ridiculous and the sooner we adapt to the germans way of doing things the better.

Loud & Proud bhoys.

17. jocksteinlower

Fav Celtic Player:
    HOOPER
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    i have just taken this from the green brigade site regarding the walkout on sat????

Statement about the walkout on Saturday
    « Thread Started Today at 12:38am »

No doubt a lot of stuff has been said online, on buses and in pubs about our reasons for walking out on Saturday, so we are releasing this statement just to clarify our position.

From early in the game we suspected there would be some trouble with stewards and police, as between the aisles and exits either side of our section they numbered about twenty. About half an hour into the match a 'senior supervisor' came into the section and told one of our members that, on the orders of the control room, he had to go downstairs to speak to him. Our member informed the steward that he was happy to talk to him there and then but would not go downstairs. He was then informed that if he did not go downstairs the steward would make sure he was banned from Celtic Park, and that the police would remove him from the ground. Our member told the steward he was welcome to get the police as he was not going downstairs. The stewards then backed off .

Moments later they re-appeared at the other end of our section, and pulled the first group member they found, six seats in from the aisle. He was told that he had screamed “* off” in the face of a steward earlier in the match and would have to discuss it with them downstairs. He was understandably surprised at this accusation, as the steward in question had only appeared near the section when it was bouncing, hadn’t left the aisle, and he had not said a word to him. He refused to go downstairs. The police were then called up and informed him that he’d be handcuffed and physically removed if he did not go downstairs with them. They informed him that they were acting on the orders of stewards. At this point we decided to walkout in protest at the treatment our members were subjected to and in solidarity with one of our members who was being threatened with arrest.

For the past two seasons we have had to put up with continual ticket checks (even though the club, senior stewards and stewards in the area know who our members are and that we have valid tickets for the section) and general harassment, most notably having banners ripped down. We are aware that, like ourselves, the club are not happy with overcrowding in the area. We have tried to discourage people from doubling up at seats and standing in the aisles, through threads on our online forum and by speaking to people at matches. We’ve been informed that after we left yesterday our section was soon filled by fans who don’t have tickets for the section and who reportedly sang sectarian songs and made audible racist remarks. As a group with an anti-racist and anti-sectarian stance we find it strange that we encounter regular harassment from stewards and police while these 'rules' clearly do not apply to others.

We also find it disturbing that the new head steward for our section is a bigoted Scotland's Shame fan with close links to a loyalist flute band and proudly displays images of loyalist paramilitaries on her social networking sites. Whether she has been deliberately chosen for our section or whether it is a coincidence is unclear, but what is clear is that our members are being targeted by the club and its stewards.

18. jocksteinlower

Fav Celtic Player:
    HOOPER
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    well said pal

19. Johnst1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown or Maloney or Skippy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony n the St Pauli Song
    Its not that bad, but standing and jumping around is 100 times better .. trust me on that one, i experienced it in area 111 V Hunburg when we were all chanting the lonesome boatman - chant the tune once with slow clapping, then chant the tune again and everybody is jumping around going mental :icon_mrgreen: the atmosphere in that curve actually made up for the scoreline for me that night :50:

20. Craigie Bhoy

As said plenty of times, there is nothing wrong with what is being chanted in the video in the OP.

I'm the owner of that YouTube account and if there was anything offensive, sectarian, bigoted etc. about the videos I've uploaded from games then I wouldn't have recorded them let alone upload them, I wouldn't risk getting the club into * that some of the huns have got into by uploading offensive songs/chants to YouTube. :50: