1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic 2009-2010 !

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mickster, Sep 20, 2009.

Discuss Celtic 2009-2010 ! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mickster

Fav Celtic Player:
    King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I want an opinion from all on this topic!

Celtic this season allbeit I have only seen them twice @ home this term need someone to replace that fool Caldwell(remember guy's nobody is bigger than the mighty Celtic).We as I feel need a guy in the mould of McStay(great memories)to get the action going in the middle of the park!No use having 2 wingers (McGeady-Malloney)if they cant do jack * with it!We need direct passes through the middle too wee Scotty(He is afterall our top goalscorer)I know I retracted from Caldwell but replace him with a Direct midfielder who is capable of spraying passes right left and centre then we as a Celtic family do and will win this league by February!

2. whytea

Fav Celtic Player:
    aiden mcgeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    you mean like a natural creative playmaker in the centre...i´d love somthing like naka´s passing abilities and brown´s physics and determination. i think we have not too bad a players there, thinking of brown,robson,crosas and mccourt. but their abilities put together in 1 player, plus nakas genius would be great.

3. jcwelsh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WILLIE MALEY
    I would buy a captain, to be honest. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I remember TM saying not so long ago that the captain could be someone new coming in. I take it that he didn't get his man.<o:p></o:p>
    It is so obvious that we don't have someone on the park dictating the game. <o:p></o:p>
    Take a look at Rangers just now and you will see their players surrounding the ref for even petty things. That is what pushes a team on to do better.<o:p></o:p>
    When is the last time you seen our players surround the Ref even when it is a stone wall penalty in the last minute.<o:p></o:p>
    That is where the difference is and that is where the league will be won. The one that shouts the loudest is going to come out on top. <o:p></o:p>

4. The The Hand

Agreed.

We miss Nakamura badly, and we need someone who's capable of directing the flow of play from a central position.

Disagree about Caldwell however, I think he fits the Mowbray style very well, and it would be a loss if he went. If he does go we have * all in the way of cover with Darren O'Dea away at Reading, and we'll need to sign a central defender as an urgent priority.

5. timmybhoyo

I think that before we find a quality midfielder that can pass the ball, we need to work on our first touch. Someone on here said they thought that most of the time our bad first touch was the ball being given with a wee bit too much zest. But until we can find someone to give the pass we need to be able to control it.

Look at Barca for instance, most of the team (including defenders) can control the ball instantly, which gives them that extra second to make it count. :86:

6. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:
    soldier song feilds of athenry hail hail
    true and the 2 players we had who could do that have gone donati and naka :54: . ideally we would have the type of player you are talking about sitting in front of the Defense doing that and another one bombing on .

7. DanniGhirl

I don't agree with that part, I hate it when all the players surround a ref, it's not going to make him change his mind anyway and shows a lack of discipline imo.

I'd ban it so that the only person that's allowed to go to the ref is the captain, meaning you would require a strong willed captain who is not afraid to lead and speak his mind when necessary.

8. ConnellyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ľubomír Moravčík
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Paul McStays don't grow on trees unfortunately. I don't think the world will ever see a player quite like The Maestro again and if it does he'll be an EPL £15m+ player.

Would love to see another one develope through Celtic youth rank just like the Maestro himself, with what's been coming through our youth in recent years too it might happen:

David Marshall, John Kennedy, Stephen McManus, Darren O'Dea, Aiden McGeady, Shaun Maloney, Paul Caddis. Obviously a few of them go back about 10 years since they were in the Youth Academy but it doesn't change the fact they were developed right here at Celtic.

Plus from what's been getting said about Celtics youth set-up theyre focusing alot of time and resources towards it.

The futures bright ladies and gentleman and it's green and white.

9. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    i know players prices in football have gone sky high considering only soo many teams have got stupid money.

i believe were missing a strong spine to team(feel were okay down the sides,hinkel,fox,maloney,mcgeady) i.e BORUC,no-nonsense CB,playmaker CM and somebody up top with/or provide competition wit sammy/mcdonald