1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

McGeady v Hibs

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by HenryKrinkle, Aug 30, 2009.

Discuss McGeady v Hibs in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    i have gotta say Nade's dive against st johnstone was a belter!! may i also add thats he gotta be the fattest shitiest striker i have watched!!!

2. tits-oot!

Fav Celtic Player:
    too many to mention but probably Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry

definitely the fattest * in football.

3. DarnB

look in the sun page 59 photo 2 there is contact. you also see Hanlon stick his foot in and mcgeady pull his legs to the left and at that speed he was going down.

4. Green Wing

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Willie Maley Song
    The momentum was with McGeady, it was no dive, and as for all the comparisons with Eduardo, was it in the box? No,it was about 10 yards inside the Hibs half, and we were done like a kipper by the ref.

End of.

5. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:
    soldier song feilds of athenry hail hail
    am sorry but it is obvious that it has got somthing to do with it . the way you and other celtic fans have jumped on his back is shocking .

the only explanation is that we don't want to look like hypocrits wich is understandable . if you look at the video the fact was he was going at full pelt went past two players saw the hibs player come in to put his foot into trip him the hibs player then pulls his foot away at the last possible second without hitting him and mcgeady had already tryed to hurdle the challange . still not sure if there was contact tho.

in the end i think it was his momentum that played a part in it too once he went to avoid the player he had no choice than to go over.

if you think that mcgeady is a player that would on purpose go down to cheat the ref then i think your way off the mark .

Do you think that he tried to cheat the ref ? .

6. Craigyjac.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeid
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hampden In The Sun
    On that occasion- yes I do think he tried to cheat the ref.

As for the statement in bold,for me, it has *-all to do with hypocrisy, I hate diving/cheating and I'm not going to defend him just because he is one of ours.

Also, the way that some of you are defending him, is shamefull especially after the abuse Eduardo took from you on Wed/Thurs.

7. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:
    if mcgeady came out and said he didn't dive would you beleive him . i wish he would do .

you just confirmed to me that you are kidding yourself mate . look at the statement in bold you said there you wern't saying it because of the media hype and then you say that you couldn't beleive i was defending him because of all the media hype . contridiction

8. CrosasRightFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Loovens, Crosas
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    If it wasn't a dive, then there was minimal contact.

It's a tricky one, but I don't think we should say for definite that he did or didn't dive, because it'll be appealed and we can let a panel decide.

9. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    u cant appeal a yellow card.

10. CrosasRightFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Loovens, Crosas
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    You can appeal a ban.

11. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Don't think there was contact but don't think he dived either

12. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    there is a big difference between (1) a blatant dive in an attempt to cheat and gain an advantage and (2)anticipating a tackle and trying to ride it by going to ground to aviod getting seriously clattered. - if the tackle doesnt come as expected- we're talking split second decisions here -then it looks like a dive but isnt the same as (1)

If you've played football then you'll realise that Eduardo was a (1) and McGeady was a (2)

13. Craigyjac.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeid
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hampden In The Sun
    No, I said "after the abuse Eduardo took on here" That has nothing to do with the media, it has to do with fellow members.
    You defending him seems to be blind faith and refusal to see by green tinted specs.

It's become clear that we a re not going to even come close to agreement so best leave it.

14. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:
    it is not blind faith i can 100% say that i'm not an idiot i know what i'm saying .i'm dissapointed that you resorted to saying that when i pointed out your contradiction .

anyway if you don't want to post on the subject anymore that's fine :50:

15. The The Hand

Well I guess you have access to some other video I haven't seen. The footage I've seen is from the back, and you see the Hibs player run across the back of him, so there's no way of telling whether they have brushed against each other or not.

And of course, when you're going at that speed, all it takes is the tiniest touch and you're over.

16. dasmoray1

As an Ex-Referee what TM was trying to point out quite correctly was that you need to judge the entire incident not just the point when they did or didn't collide.

Fact - Hanlon set out to impede McGeady. He pulled out at the last minute so even McGeady with the quickest feet in Scotland, possibly now in British football now Ronaldo has gone, would have needed a miracle to stay on his feet. He was alreading taking evasive action trying to hurdle the player. He didn't even go over claiming for a free kick.

Think back a few years - how many free kicks did Chris Sutton or BBJ win on the halfway line when arguably they def cheated and we said nothing about it.

If this has happenned last week against St Johnstone we wouldn't even be talking about it because the Refereee would have taken no action.

Chin up Aiden ignore all this crap and lets see you have your best season ever in the hoops.

17. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:

mate phone the real radio phone in and tell them that they are really annoying now

18. HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Thats an interesting way of looking at it, good points there.

19. dasmoray1

Hoops Daft. I'll try but doubt they've even heard of taking calls from the North East.

Like you I can't understand the anti-Aiden angle on this.

If we looked back I'm sure Lubo and Henrik would have been involved in similar incidents on the halfway line and would any of use have suggested they had dived.

No way.

20. kevgal1888

wen i was in seville,after the game a porto fan came up to me and was basically askin to swap shirts!! i stood rite in front of him and gave him the fingers!!he said 'why, why,!! i made an action with my hands to say they were diving! he shrugged his shoulders and said 'thats football' and walked away!!

sooo....no!!

give mcgeady a * medal imo!!about time we followed on as weve been getting it against us for years and nothing is happening with it!! time to get with the times unfortunetly!!

p.s dont get me wrong i sssoooo hope diving is giving a big punishment with it but i think we all really no nothing is going toi happen and if it does it wont be for years to come