1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Arsenal!!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Gooner09, Aug 10, 2009.

Discuss Arsenal!! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gooner09

Afternoon all. Arsenal fan in peace here, just thought I'd say that, you are the last team we wanted to face. It's the worst possible tie for us, especially our away leg. We're not looking forward to it, especially with your atmosphere. I feel our players may crumble if you get the first goal. It makes for a Titanic battle of Britain though. So may the best team win.

Anyway, how far is Parkhead from the Bus Station in Glasgow? Is it a walkable distance or are we talking Cab or Bus?

2. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    welcome bud, i would say good luck to you but i wouldnt mean it lol. a couple of buses go from buchanan to parkhead but a taxi would be about a £5

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
  3. Ledleysleftfoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic song!
    lets hope it makes for a great game and you enjoy the atmosphere in paradise and we look forward to joining you down in london for the return leg :50:

4. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Hi mate,

Should be a great occasion. One would imagine that Eduardo, Arshavin, Van Persie, Fabregas, Gallas, Clichy, Nasri et al would be too much....but Celtic Park is always a bit special, and our record against English teams is pretty decent. Looking forward to it.

Hope you enjoy the site. Hail hail.

5. ciaran_1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka,Holy Goalie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    it is walkable but would take about 45minutes. But you would be walking through the gallowgate where all the celtic fans would be and you would probaly get some pre match banter

6. bhoywonder19

Welcome! I believe its the first ever competitive fixture between the two teams, and about time! Cannot wait should be two superb games, hopefully the bhoys just edge it!

7. Gooner09

Likewise with the good luck ;). You will all be very welcomed down here in London for the return leg. Every-other Arsenal fan seems to follow Celtic. Eveyone seems to hate that crock of * blue crap in the other half of Glasgow. They really are classless *. (Excuse the language).

I've seen some pretty amazing footage of the atmosphere at ParkHead. You will be very dissappointed at our concrete shithole, if you're expecting a good atmosphere. Expect state of the art facillities and ridiculous prices on food etc etc. But atmosphere, no chance!!!

8. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:
    soldier song feilds of athenry hail hail
    DITO you wasn't exactly our first choice either . but you know we love nothing more that an english club coming to paradise .

bout a couple of miles from buchannan street to parkhead best go for the bus as if you hit the traffic your taxi fair will hit the roof :icon_mrgreen:

not going to the emirates myself spent too much money on celtic already this season but i know a few who are going .

TBH i actually feel we'll be just as good away if not better than at home :50:

9. Jay Harkin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    welcome gunner and may the battle of britain commence. On your day Arsenal will beat anyone and admit i love the way your team plays football. 2nd best to barca imo in europe, Hopefully a few will have an off day at parkhead and we head to the emirates with a lead. Going to be very tough but arsenal defo favourites over 2 legs, But Celtic will love the under dog tag above their heads and we do excellant against english oppisition in the past. C'mon the hoops

10. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:
    it's alright mate am sure we could help out with that :icon_mrgreen:

11. Jay Harkin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    love you already mate welcome to talk celtic:celt_2::50:

12. HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Mwaahaahaaaaaaaaaa

13. Gooner09

It's great from a neutral point of view. Because it really is a battle of Britain. Both teams are fighting it out over 2 games to make the Champions League. It is the worst draw for us, The atmosphere will really effect our players. Plus if it's cold and wet, that'll play a part too. I personally cannot wait. Never been upto ParkHead, a place where I've always wanted to experience. So that can get crossed off!!

Yeah the Blue * in Glasgow, came to our's last week. Picking on women and kids in the street and just being class-less * for the weekend.

More important things though. Here's to Big John Hartson and his family. Absolute gent and Football legend. Wishing you a speedy recovery x

14. Jay Harkin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    the atmosphere at parkhead will be an experiance for you and no doubt something not even wenger will have experienced, Thats the reason it is very special. If their ever was a 12th man its paradise on european nights,. Just be interesting to see how your youngsters fair under the pressure from the stands but yet again you dont get to 1euro final and and semi finals in europe if you cant handle pressure. Hoops will find it tough but it wont be as easy as some arsenal fans think

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
  15. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:
    nice one pal hail hail

you will see the difference between us and the orcs . you wouldn't think we came from the same city . :56:

16. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:
    they thrashed fenabache away from home so i can't see that being much of a problem .

17. SHAUNHOPKINS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Skippy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing + Fields of Athenrye
    you could actually walk from the bus station to paradise but it would take a good half hour if ure going at a good pace

18. paradoxa

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Oh The Hoaly Goaly He Hates The HUNS !!!
    i walked from the bus station when barca came to try get ronaldinho's autograph..in the winter on a freezin night !!! omfg not good lol

19. Linda

t,i calmed it down a bit in ma own flat!,Near Para
    Fav Celtic Player:
    s.mcdonald,larsson,jinky,lubo,jimmy mcgrory,charlie tullyx
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone!Over and Over!xx
    hiya!ive spoken to a few of my guy friend's(who said exactly what i was thinking,and 2me?they know alot more about football than me!)ARSENAL was NOT a team they are looking 4ward to us playing,dont get me wrong,looking 4ward 2 the game,think itll be a gr8 game............just QUITE worried about the oucome!!!!!!so the feelings mutual up here!!!!liked what "hoops daft"(about the orcs?!!!!!!)said...............LMAOF!!!!!!!lol,lindaxxx

20. kennydal

Enjoy your night at parkhead ,it will be a long time in coming to see another atmoshere that will be created on that night ,our stadiums are equal in size but parkhead was built for noise and its deafening ,i think it will be close over the 2 games but i think celtic will do arsenal ,hope you enjoy the game and noise .:icon_mrgreen: