1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Conga?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by BhoyBarr, Aug 1, 2009.

Discuss Conga? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. P R D

It's the songs that are being sung. You can hear them clear as day.

2. DannyBonnar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vennegoor , Caldwell , Mcgeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I dont think the issue can be put across any better than this, this is an extract from another forum regarding the singing of the songs you are quite obviously reffering to.

"On the issue of songs we feel that if a song does not have sectarian lyrics then it shouldn't be offensive to anyone. Irish rebel songs go back to the 1798 Rebellion and the United Irishmen which was started by Presbyterians like Wolfe Tone and Samuel Neilson. These songs have been passed down through the ages and are political but not sectarian. Songs of the Jacobite rebellion of 1745 like the The News Fae Moidart, Roses of Prince Charlie and Will ye' no come back again are sung by the Tartan Army on away trips as well as songs commemorating the Wallace and the Bruce however no-one seems to be pressuring the Tartan Army to stop singing those. Similarly we feel that the problem with Scotland's Shame singing pro-British songs is they are politically opposed to our pro-independence and republican stance and the other causes we believe in. But we respect their right to express those views in a non-sectarian manner."

These songs are songs of freedom, they are politcal yes but they are by no means what so ever sectarian, anybody who takes offence to these songs being sung has no substance to feel this way.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
  3. me.CelticBhoy88

Aye I seen it, I was up in the JS with my missus and bhoy.. we found it very amusing.. Well done to everyone up there, it brought a smile to our faces.

4. Craigie Bhoy

would like to see a video of it :50: didn't notice it at the game.

5. HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Politics has nothing to do with football, singing them at CP is nothing but attention seeking.

6. WonderBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald, McGeady, Boruc, Lubo.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    All Of Them
    Politics is everything and everywhere.

Anyway on topic it looked some laugh wish I was there. :50:

7. The Joker

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Great, didn't see this was in the GB but great too see a bit of entertainment.

8. DannyBonnar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Politics has nothing to do with football ? What a daft and extremely naive statement that is, anyone who thinks this is seriously dilluded. Politics is life. Politics has always been and will always be part of football and it’s ridiculous and naive to claim otherwise. You cant just forget reality when you enter parkhead, especially taking into considiration what our club is or should be all about, equality and freedom.

9. BhoyBarr

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic: Celtic Symphony. Irish: Come out ye black and tans!
    Believe it or not on other celtic forums they've called it childish and embarassing for people to be doing this at CP. Boring *.

'' whats the * point in a conga ?

Your there to support celtic arent you ? ''

''Quite embarassing if i may say so. ''

'' Pointless IMO [​IMG] ''

Good to see on this forum people are more like minded and fun loving :)

10. KevyL

Fannys, its people like that who will probably sit on their hands for 90 mins.

11. DannyBonnar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Having a bit of a laugh and fun at a pre-season friendly, * forbid :rolleyes: Exactly Kev mate.

12. WonderBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald, McGeady, Boruc, Lubo.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    All Of Them
    The people who say its pointless will be the same who sit and look at you weird if your trying to get a good sing song on the go and provide addition to the atmosphere because they think there to go good for doing stuff like that and this seems to be a big problem with the modern day support we have now.

The funny thing really is that these so called supporters will call themself part of the best fans in the world when clearly people like them are the exact reason as to why we are nowhere near that title these days.:rolleyes:

13. HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    I assume you also sing IRA songs in the Gym then? At the supermarket? as you say, politics doesnt go away just because you enter ASDA?
    :rolleyes:
    With any luck you grow up soon and start singing about football rather than politics...at a * football match.

14. Sloany

Ha, That was class, need to give those bhoys a clap, they where the only group of people singing for 90 minutes, whether or not they should have been singing some of the songs is still up for debate, but i for one loved it!

hail hail