1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Friendly Bars Outside Scotland

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by HH, Dec 8, 2004.

Discuss Celtic Friendly Bars Outside Scotland in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HH

I thought it might be an idea to recommend Celtic friendly bars outside of Scotland in the off chance that someone has the chance to visit.

When I mean Celtic friendly, I mean that they explicity are pro celtic, not just the run of the mill plastic 'Irish bars' which i have been thrown out of for singing rebel songs after too many beers :77:

2. HH

Okay.

First recommendation goes to the Gweebarra Bar( McCready's) in Leitermacaward in Co.Donegal, Eire. :50:

Walk in to an Irish owner and family who are Celtic supporters and the place is awash with Celtic stuff. Good crowd in the evenings esp weeknd with live music often. :60:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2004
  3. Dubsbhoy Banned!

jaysus HH thats some hangover you have when i'm hanging the last thing i'd want to think about is celtic bars all over the world, LOL

Fraizers in Dublin pulls in big crowds 4 floors in the place and they do be packed from the first floor up live music and best thing about it is there's nobody there from dublin it's celts from all over.

4. HH

Where abouts in Dublin is it?

5. Dubsbhoy Banned!

O connell St can't miss it

6. HH

Is it right up at the end of the street (opposite end from the Liffey?)

7. HH

I know, all I could manage for breakfast was some leftover 'bombay mix' from last night. I dont even want to discuss my 3 toilet trips so far!

8. Dubsbhoy Banned!

Yeah close to parnell st then you have sidwalks around the corner and besons across the road all celtic pubs.

9. BB Banned!

why not got to:

www.celticbars.com

someone has already done loads of the work...good site too!!

10. HH

Great site!

I thought though that the personal experiences of the forum spoke volumes. eg I dont know about you lot, but i wouldnt go back into bar67 on the Gallowgate unless I had an armed guard and I was wearing a chib-proof helmet!

11. it depends when you go. it's a bitter and rough area at night. there's a hun area and there's a tim area.