1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Walk Alone ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by BhoyBarr, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Celtic Walk Alone ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BhoyBarr

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic: Celtic Symphony. Irish: Come out ye black and tans!
    Just a thought but maybe Celtic could get it's own TV rights and show games on Celtic TV.(even though It's shut down I think it would be worth starting up again)

I think we could sustain our own TV channel and I think fans wouldn't be-grudge paying because they know all the games on the channel are Celtic and not * Aberdeen v Motherwell.

Just a thought like but I think it could be quite a good bit of business and would bring in abit of cash for the club.
    Also I remember hearing about Man Utd threatening to do this when Sky wouldn't give them the money they wanted so obviously it must be do-able.

2. The Doctor

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley, Four Leaf Clover
    It's possible but unlikely. The SPL has a collective bargaining agreement which will remain in place.

I know some clubs abroad own the rights to their own matches, but they are more than likely going to playing in far more attractive fixtures than us. We will still be playing the same pish week in week out.

That and the fact that we need to spread the tv money around the league to maintain some kind of decent level of opposition.

3. bigjie

celtic don't have the balls for the fight , unfortunately ........................

4. Quiet Assassin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Paul McStay, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Nothing to do with balls for a fight. There are so many issues that would crop up you wouldn't believe. Take for example a game with the Huns at Mordor. You honestly think Murray would let us waltz in with a rake of cameras to film the game without holding us to ransom for the priveledge.

We'd get mired in horrible * arguments with * like Murray and his ilk just so we could get the opportunity to watch games.

It's far better with the SPL taking care of TV rights and issues.

5. bigjie

err, i think you are tripping yerself up there..................

6. Quiet Assassin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Paul McStay, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No, read the post again.

Do you honestly think it would benefit us to get embroiled in relentless negotiations with every single SPL club, any European club we come up against as well as clubs we meet in friendlies so we can watch the games.

The cost of drawing up agreements, putting an infrastructure in place etc would be astronomical and would not benefit us in the least.

It's not about having balls for the fight, it's about knowing when it's prudent to not get involved.

7. bigjie

aye yer right, lets just struggle along in this league , let everyone else dictate to us and accept.

i see where you are coming from.............................

8. BhoyBarr

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic: Celtic Symphony. Irish: Come out ye black and tans!
    Our Billionaire owner happens to be one of the tightest billionaires on earth that's the only problem. His pockets are deep but his hands are short

9. jaseybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mc Geady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.

Think we need a new billionaire.:50:

Anyone?