1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Good work by Lawwell again!!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by hoops no7, Jun 17, 2009.

Discuss Good work by Lawwell again!! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The The Hand

No you're right, Lawwell just pockets it for himself, and buys gold leaf bog paper for his Learjet. :rolleyes:

2. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Lawwell has started well,yet he has along way to go to provide this team with the firepower to win the league and make amends for a lack of activity last season.

3. wulliebad

I had to check what site i was on i though i had walked into * hunvill RM.
    People on here should be grateful we still have a football club and team after some of the boards that ran this club in days gone by.We nearly went to the wall and only got past it due to some of the hard work done by some people on the boards that was even then unpopular becuase they didnt pump millions upon millions into the team regardless of the risks involved.
    Yes i know fans bought shares and put money into the club but without the work done higher up it wouldnt have worked.
    Some clubs in football are run by people that dont give a * about football or the club they are running and only care about making profit for themselfs.
    Before slagging our board to death you should remember a few things.
    Wgs got to spend tens of millions on players,just because it was diluted by many players does not mean it wasnt spent.
    Celtic spent 15 million on lennoxtown and this year are spending 7 million on part two.
    So the board are spending big money but because of past owners they have had to spend it everywhere to bring the club upto scratch and not just on the first 11.
    Celtic are not a rich club and the sooner some fans get used to it the better.

4. Brendan Hughes

better than the supposed 2million, hopefully we can get the added money into the transfer budget

5. Paddy

Didn't desmond underwrite that himself instead of giving more money to the board which would trigger a takeover?

I'm glad that we now have a manager that plays flowing football but very worried by the fact that WBA even when they were getting pumped still carried on playing gung ho football.

There is an old saying that you have to speculate to accumlate, and i still feel that had we spent 6-7 million in January we would be in the black with the 10 million from CL.I feel we may have missed the boat for the CL this season because we will come up against very big clubs with very big transfer funds in the qualifaction rounds

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2009
  6. mikec2126

Always been a business mate- even Aberdeen in the 80's were paying more wages than the old firm,,,,, about £300 a week - fact

Hence SAF success. pretty simple.

7. The Joker

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Well done to Lawwell for that but it's not really good on our part unless it's going into the club and not his pocket.

8. Rosleabhoy

Moronic.

9. jkel

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown,artur boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    holy goalie
    great post
    none of us know the ins and outs of transfer targets only what the press
    tell us.
    and what if we signed fletcher and still lost league,waste of money
    would be the cry!