1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Boruc and McGeady bounce back?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Markybhoy, Jun 13, 2009.

Discuss Will Boruc and McGeady bounce back? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Got a feeling McGeady will be our key player next season, with a lot of licence to roam.

Might be moved into the middle and try to make things tick from there.

Nothing to base this on just got a feeling thats what's going to happen.

2. tino1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo - Larsson - Stubbs - Hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields - Over & Over
    Punt mcgeady.. he's *.. poor mans blinker :) nae really final baw *, passing *, shooting *, heading *.. need i go on.. wid be first player i'd punt.. Plus he's a wee * ..

broony needs tae get his finger out, fur an attacking mid he canny score.. :( he should be gettin at least 15-20 a season.. just hope mogga gets the best out him!! hopefully best is still tae come..

heid;'s class.. won me a right few bob last year first goal :)

ma player eh year

p.s i heard thru the grapevine arthurs off.. 'good source' but life goes on

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
  3. Joe.1888

tell you something, a * hope they bounce back because we wont be buying much talent this summer

4. Batch_CFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Brown, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Boruc was fine for ages before the end of the season. He made about 6 mistakes during the season but the likes of Casillas and Cech made many more than that, yet they are still claimed to be the best goalkeepers. The only reason people are complaining about him is because added stuff from the papers every second week.

But when you go through all that stuff theres only one important bit, the one where he broke the rules when drinking when he shouldn't have been.

All the other stuff that was in the papers, out drinking in Poland - he was allowed, split from his wife - happens to a lot of people, has new girlfriend - happens all the time with people, party in his house with females - they were his sister and her friends, straightening mysterios new girls hair - his sister, training ground bust up - happens all the time at every club. They all added to people getting on his back despite being nothing stories :50: it shows how easily swayed people are with newspaper nonsence.

EDIT jus noticed I missed out one of the other front page headlines "gets tattoo"

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Hard for a keeper to 'bounce back' in the eyes of fans but I reckon Boruc was fine towards the end of the season.

Aiden will bounce back though I think, when he plays with freedom it's when he's at his best so hopefully the new manager gives him the platform to do that. If he gave us performances like Aberdeen at Pittodrie or Villarreal at Parkhead more consistently he'd be worth a fortune.

6. Markybhoy

I think next season could potentially be explosive for Aiden McGeady, it could be his best yet. The sort of fast, attacking football Tony Mowbray likes to play is going to suit Aiden down to the ground. If Mowbray abandons Strachan's 'tactical genius' idea of playing Aiden on the left wing and moves him over to the right(or plays him just off the strikers) I think he's going to do a lot of damage. Everyone says how crap Aiden's final ball is which is pretty unfair considering his left foot is weak and he's been used as a left winger for 3 seasons! How many times has Aiden beat his man then put a weak effort of a cross into the box? Hundreds. Once he gets moved to the right wing he will beat his man AND deliver good crosses. Looking forward to seeing it.

7. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    I hope your right. ^ A lot of people have/will say similar.

I like McGeady but he has the problem, or we do, of saying its going ot be his season for the last 2 or 3 years and it ends up not happening.

8. Markybhoy

My mate keeps saying what you've just said and I have to keep reminding him that the season before last Aiden was voted Player of the Year in Scotland. Cut the bhoy some slack. If he plays on the right you'll see far more of the best of him. :50:

9. BringItHome!CE

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    True, I hope you are right and very might be. :50: