1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Mowbray #threads merged#

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by cat123, May 26, 2009.

Discuss Tony Mowbray #threads merged# in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Disneyk

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover

I'll tell you why,, big time managers DONT want to come to scotland,, I'll be honest with you and i'll get pelters for it,, we are not a class act any more!! nobody of note wants to manage here. realistically we wont be in cl this season,, europa at best, and if our end to the season is anything to go by then no europe at all.. financial restrictions mean the new manager will have to sell before he can buy,, he will need to rebuild,, in my opinion Mowbray is about as best as we can hope for?? But lets hope i'm wrong and we sign a top class manager!!!! but i wont be holding my breath,,, PS if we end up with McGhee as a lot are predicting ,,then this will be one bhoy who wont be cheering from the stands!!!!!

Disney

2. bhoy21

surely they wont get someone in this quick, do they not go through some kind of interview process so they can discuss the managers ideas and if they match the ambitions (or not lol) of the board

3. bebackman

Fav Celtic Player:
    broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    people keep talking about wba defense , but what defence wouldn,t find it hard in the epl.
    even the small clubs have better attackers than celtic.so if it is tony then so be it
    it might just be what the fans have been crying out for fast flowing football and back to destroyiny teams

4. seanyyy

Fav Celtic Player:
    samaras/crosas
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song, willie maley, over and over, ltps
    they may have known strachans been going for a long time though

5. ScottishGhirl

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    i reckon the board would of been given an indication by strachan that he was leaving i wouldnt be suprised to see a new manager in by the start of next week

6. Murray Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon and Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I agree with some of this. Yes,big time managers dont wanna come to Celtic nowadays but that's down to the board. Big names WOULD manage Celtic if they had the financial backing but they know that this probably wont happen. The only reason we are being linked with dud managers (Mowbary/McGhee and so on) is because the board are quite happy to scrape through the season without spending a few pound and hoping for the best.

Celtic Fc is a worldwide brand but we are being left down with the lack of ambition from the top men.

Change is needed,i for one wont be happy unless we get a big name.

7. JonnyBhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown and marc crosas
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry, Black Watch, Glasgow celtic Champions
    tony mowbray would not be a bad aquisition tbh i think his brand of football will be a breath of fresh air.

8. gman85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Has to Be Larsson, Then Hartson then Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song

Give me a pint of whatever juice you are drinking.

Glasgow Celtic WAS a big club, we are a small club now, in a small league, in a small country, in the grand scheme of things. Deal with it.

Newcastle get a similar fanbase to us, doesn't stop them being pish.

9. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

We would all love a big name at the club mate,but what big names are we talking about...hiddink,ancellotti,mourinho,ferguson?????/

What big name is going to be willing to come to scotland for a lot less wages,and a lot less pulling power in regards to signing top class players.

We have to be realistic here everyone.

10. Murray Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon and Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Plenty of big names without a job and who no doubt have pulling power when it comes to transfers

Klinsmann
    Ranieri
    Rijkard
    Hitzfeld
    Grant

I agree with what you are saying about wages and so on but that goes back to my point,isnt that all down to the board and their lack of ambition?

11. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Of course we would love a big name.

But we have to operate within our means, and anyone who wants to refer to these guys as 'dud managers' is very disrespectful.

Mowbray can do a great job at Celtic.

12. Murray Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon and Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It wasnt being disrespectful,it was proving that he has done nothing in management to pass comment on. How do you know he can? What has he shown you to prove that?

13. rossidy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Greatest player i've ever witnessed. Won't ever be beaten.
    I understand that we might not attract top quality managers, we only really have had 1 in Martin O'Neill. But the fact that our next boss could be a manager who didn't get his team into the top 6 this season and could have struggled even more if there pitch wasn't such a mess. Also it could be a manager who's team was relegated from a league that has only 4 quality teams and 3 not so bad teams. West Brom went down with a wimper and almost resigned themselves to the fact from the off by the looks of it. I would be severly disappointed if McGhee were to get the job, disappionted to the ponit of giving up my season tickets. I have higher expectations than that. But it never turns out like that we are mugs and always go back paying our money because we love our team. Thats why the board are like they are!!!

14. bigfeet24

mowbray and mcghee won't improve the team....regardless of how 'celtic minded' they are..... what we need is the board to step up to the plate and bite the bullet....put some decent money into the squad...... that is the only reason we didn't win the league this year and the only reason we aren't going to win it next year. you could stick the best manager in the world in their to manage that team and we still wouldn't have won it.

we need a manager who has good knowledge of the market and can find players across the globe on the cheap....not just someone who says 'willio flood, he's been a pain in the * the last couple of times we've played them....must be good'

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson for me....... played an absolute blinder last year keeping them up and gets them into europe this season..... track record throughout europe and can find a good bargin or two

15. rossidy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Greatest player i've ever witnessed. Won't ever be beaten.
    We all just want the best for the team we support!!

16. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Im repeating myself, but ok.

He can work on a budget and bring in decent players. He sold some key players at WBA to fund the rebuilding and brought in players who won the league scoring plenty of goals.

He can work with young players, and improve players. You only have to look at the number of young players at Hibs who thrived under his management. That is going to be key for him at Celtic.

His style of play is good to watch. That is what the club needs. The fans want to see something better on the pitch, and he can give us that.

People are rejecting him because he hasn't won anything (which he has). He has shown qualities that i think are needed to be a Celtic manager, so we should give him the opportunity.

17. Barry Robson

Big feet i would love Roy Hodgson to come but he just got fulham into the europa and finished 7th, thers no chance of us getting him

18. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    hahaha a pint of what im drinking ?? you need to lay off the drugs pal and stop compareing us to newcastle ya nugget hahahah:rolleyes:

19. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

That could be said about the board but there is no way they are going to pay the 60-70k per week that some footballers are receiving,i dont think they would go above 30,000 per week for a footballer...tho saying that i dont know who the highest earner is at celtic.

Yes they show a lack of ambition,and im not a financial fanatic,i want success but i know they will not throw silly money around....but they will have to give whatever manager comes in transfer money,cos if its the same team taking to the pitch next season,there is going to be a lot of empty seats.

20. DobbinS 1888

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, YNWA.
    Another lack of ambition from the board for me if hes appointed. :38: