1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

McGhee at CP just now ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by craigybhoy67, May 25, 2009.

Discuss McGhee at CP just now ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ryan47

Fav Celtic Player:
    Caldwell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If he becomes manager, there should be a protest.

Nothing against the guy, he's a nice lad, but he's nowhere near the manager Strachan is. Is definitely a few steps back. When Strachan resigned we wanted a manager who can take us 1 or 2 steps forward.

Wake up, board.

2. Batch_CFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Brown, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    McGhee is no different to Strachan except that his teams plays in a totally different way, they are both asbout the same level of manager. Just because Strachan managed a Premiership team doesn't make him a higher quality. We wont know how good McGhee would be until he is in charge and i'd welcome him knowing how he'll have us playing and his love of the club.

There was nothing wrong with Strachan except that he never freshened us up, he played the same players the same way for too long and it became ineffective. We should have been constantly rotating out players and formation through various types to keep our opponents guessing. Also a fault Strachan had was his inability to change a game again due to not removing from the 4-4-2 if someone went off they were directly replaced and the approach stayed the same.

McGhee if he comes in will play a totally different way and that alone would be enough.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
  3. Chappie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Willie Maley
    McGhee would be a step back. I hope he doesn't get appointed.

4. RafaelScheidt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc,Scott Brown and Jan V O H
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
  5. DanniGhirl

I really don't want McGhee, nothing against him but he'd be a few steps backwards imo.

6. Sparkybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik. Current: Izaguirre
    Nothing against McGhee, could be a gd enough manager, i just fear if he's appointed it would signal a lack of spending.

I think he would take the job even if he was given a * budget whereas the other contenders would insist on guarantee's concerning budget.

However, if McGhee was given a bit of money to spend, although it wouldn't be my first choice, i wouldn't be up in arms about it. Wouldn't exactly get the pulse racing though.

7. Raz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
  8. DannybhoyCFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Roberts, Dembele, Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe Mcdonnell, Grace
    if he comes to CP then i will never go again, as im sure others will follow suit.
    He wont have a clue when it comes to signing CL players, when he walks into CP on a Champions league night he will brick himself, we a need more experienced manager