1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bigmouth Strikes again!!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Comatose, May 21, 2009.

Discuss Bigmouth Strikes again!! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Hopefully we can sell the donkey in the summer to some fools

2. Andy bhoy

Whys everyone been so harsh on him ?
    I completely agree with what he's saying , dont you ?

maby he should just keep it to himself but he is still he a celtic player. He also took a wage cut to come to Celtic so to me that proves he is player that loves the club for more than the money it gives him -cough- bobo -cough-

3. Firefly

Fav Celtic Player:
    Was Lubo, Now Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On or Let The People Sing
    "If they are going to win it then fair play - but it's our mistakes (that let them) and I think we are a better team than Rangers."

If we're a better team then why the * are we in this position!!lol
    Dont think he will be the last player from either team to try and mess with the other's mind though.

4. Comatose

Yes, i do but

:50:

:rolleyes:

5. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Do people on that side of the pond not engage in the act of revelling in bulletin board material?

6. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    foot out of mouth-strike ball-back of net.
    thats what he should be saying to himself over and over again

7. joshybabes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Marc Crosas
    Give the guy a break, he's from the med and testing the water with them

Take a look back every time he's criticised them in the past they've bottled it straight away

Just cause the mentality here is all keep quiet and don't wind them up.

Jock Stein woulda been right in there stoking the fire making sure they bottle it on Sunday

Sammy's got the balls to say it and good on him, if you can't back him and the team just forget about celebratin if we win the league on Sunday

8. Loubobs123

Samaras comments

First point - Samaras is not good enough to play for us.

Second point- Quite hard to have a go at Strachan when we had won 3 in a row hence all the debate on here for the last three years, but I believe that a stronger manager would have destroyed a Rangers team this weak.

3rd point - The way we are being managed behind the scenes is our only saviour - and although - like me - we all want to see bigger purchases - i think that the way we have conducted business is seriously commendable.

Samaras' chat regarding this weekend is a way to endear him to fans. We see him trying to raise the crowd more times than we see him keep the ball the ball at his feet. He is not good enough for us - we all know it. He is right, that Rangers team is * poor, the fact that we are not top is * ridiculous...which brings me on to the second point.

Strachan....It is hard to (for most) to really have a go when success is coming your way. But I now believe that people who were criticising Strachan were completely right. We all know that the decisions he makes a-la subs and lineup are ridiculous and his man management is nothing special - his signings have been largely pish and it is - with a little of critical thought - pretty hard to see how his influence has had anything to do with our recent success....which brings me onto point 3.

The way our club has been managed in comparison to the huns means - for me - that we were obliged to win these titles - I'm not saying I like Lawell - I'm not saying I liked Fergus McCann particularly but u have to concede that since the mid 90s we have had fantastic business management. I firmly believe that with a better manager that we would have won the league mid-march. I hate putting anyone down at Celtic and am ever the optimist - supported Strachan wholeheartedly because I felt I had to - but the truth is WE DESERVE BETTER - and I firmly believe that a new manager (and I trust the appointment will be comparitively high-profile) will allow us to realise our potential.

Its a disgrace that we don't have the title in our own hands.

I will be crossing myself non-stop on Sunday.

And here is * hoping.

I just think I should be celebrating already

Hai; hail.

9. joshybabes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Marc Crosas
    Clearly he is good enough for us, he's our best striker no matter what you may want to be "us" he is the best we have

And it is a good thing he tries to raise the crowd seen as they've been silent all season

10. Hoopy07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenrye
    GERS NOT FIT TO BE CHAMPS.

As i said yesterday afternoon the papers are having a field day, all down too our greek striker with the big mouth.

<roottag> GEORGIOS SAMARAS insists Rangers don't deserve to win the SPL.

The Hoops' Greek hitman claims the Ibrox side are only title favourites because Celtic blew it!
    Sammy slated Gers for their style of play last season and now he has turned up the heat ahead of title D-day on Sunday with another bitter blast at Old Firm rivals Gers, who will be crowned champions if they beat Dundee United at Tannadice.
    Samaras said: "Last year they were seven points clear and we won the title and I said that we were the better team.
    "Now it's the opposite, but if they are to win it, I don't think they deserve it.
    "We are a better team than them. It's our mistakes that will have let them win it."
    Celtic will claim a fourth straight title if they beat Hearts at Parkhead and Rangers don't beat United.
    But Samaras added: "I really don't care what they do.
    "I am only thinking about our game, trying to get the three points and then see if we are going to win the title."
    </roottag>

11. STLbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stiliyan Petrov, Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    i don't see what everyone's problem is i'm completely happy with our players talking up our team and talking down our rivals. as much as you may like to think he's trading good play for more talk they're obviously separate issues. i'd prefer to have 11 players passionate and celtic minded enough to be upset and talk down on rangers than only players that don't talk and don't seem to care. who gives a * what he says it doesn't affect the outcome it seems like everyone's looking for an excuse to get at sammy. if skoosh would have said this there wouldn't have been near the reaction i don't think

12. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It has nothing to do with Georgie. It has everything to do with motivation for them. Michael Phelps has said that one of the biggest aids to his Olympic run was a newspaper clipping where Ian Thorpe claimed that breaking Spitz's record was impossible and that Phelps wasn't good enough to do it. Phelps put that clipping in his locker and literally looked at it every day until he got what he wanted.

It's just stupid tactically to give the opposition motivation. End of.

13. Hoopy07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenrye
    Spot on mate and the hun media are loving it :50:

14. justice

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paolo Di Canio, Kenny Dalglish and Scott McDonald
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    where does this Johnny come lately get so much confidence to talk as much as he does? He really has never been, nor will he ever be deserving of being at Celtic and he should really F..K off!

15. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ceasar, Maestro, Lubo, Henrik, Naka, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry

Think you meant to say "* OFF!"

:31:

Samaras is a balloon.

16. Biffy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Brown, Aiden, Artur and Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Willie Maley
    He's just saying what we all think.

17. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    If he hadn't been so * inept for most of the season, then we wouldn't be in this position to judge what he just said anyway as we'd be celebrating the title we clinched a month ago.

18. WEEMAN7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Paul mcstay, Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf clover, Willie Maley
    Well said sammy! It's only what everybody else on here's been saying all season. Lay off the big man, he's a celtic player. Who cares what the huns think, they're all fuckwits anyway! HAIL HAIL

19. Pop67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I agree with everything Sammy said. We shouldnt be afraid of our players telling the truth cos the Orcs may get "fired up". * them. The Orcs aint Phelps. Free speech and much as they would like to control everything we say, they dont. As for the Hunmedia? Ive cared more about * I've scraped off my Gazelles.

Let the People "Speak"!

20. danielno8

lol @ thinking Samaras just came out with this without probing.