1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi millionaire at Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by OC, May 20, 2009.

Discuss Multi millionaire at Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Don't we already have a billionaire majority shareholder who looks a bit like Terry Thomas? (for all you youngsters out there he was in Monte Carlo or Bust and Those Magnicent Men in their Flying Machines) a proper bounder if you ask me

He shoud spend some of his moolah, you cant take it with you into the ground - live a little Dermot - blow 100million on buying the skint huns then closing the * the next day for the sake of it - just think how pleasant the world would be?

2. hoops daft

Fav Celtic Player:
    one artur boruc MCGEADY
    Fav Celtic Song:
    soldier song feilds of athenry hail hail
    what if it happend to rangers what would be your answer then :shamrock:

3. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I don't think our Scots/Irish identity would be in danger. The only way forward is to move down south coz the scottish game is going no where. Just imagine if Celtic made it in to the top league and we're up against the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc etc week in week out. Or would you rather play St Mirren, Caley Thistle etc. Think of the players that would come to Celtic if we were in a decent league!

4. OC

They would be a tough team if it would happen to them. I'm just saying that we need financial investment. Players we buy aren't bought for couple of mills, but for some silly prices.

5. jcwelsh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WILLIE MALEY
    every year I spend money on the things i love, be it a new jacket going to the match having a holiday in Florida going out at the weekend. the end product is always the same. I have to put my hand in my pockets to do all these things and I don't even think about how much money I would have now if i was looking to make money out of things I love doing.

If I was a billionaire i would be ploughing money into Celtic like nobodies business and they would certainly be in a better situation than they are in now. It would not cost me billions of pounds to do it either. Abramovick doesn't give a toss how much it is costing him and you can see the Passion on the face when the camera pan on him when he is at the match, that would be the same with me.

The money we are talking about a billionaire spend to give Celtic the boost they need would be nowhere near the percentage I spend a year keeping me and my family entertained every year. Looking at it in another way. I have no money and i could do the job we are doing at Celtic park at the moment so there is no point saying we have a billionaire in charge when he ain't using his money.

p.s. When I say I , it is meant in the text that someone with the same credentials and no money

6. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda

Don't forget we've been struggling against little teams like St Mirren and Caley Thistle. Can you imagine us having to struggle up the divisions to meet the so called big teams. I like to be assured of a place in Europe every year (which more often than not we are) where we can really go against the best. IMO to think that we will ever be considered more than small time by premiership standards is a pipe dream

7. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  8. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Cant see it happening as you loose money investing in a football club , Theese guys that own football clubs must do it for their egos , definately not to make money

9. whitey1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    heid
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Soldier's Song
    naw would ruin the Scottish game

10. col_p67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, John Collins
    How does a person become a millionaire?

He starts off a billionaire and buys a football team!

11. jcwelsh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WILLIE MALEY
    We have a Sugar Daddy in there at the moment, but he is more interested in how he can make money than he is in making a team.

I would not say that there are many who share the opinion of * about the likes of Man City, Chelsea & Aston Villa and cant wait for the EPL to implode. TBH I don't give a * about the EPL. I only care about Celtic and how they can improve.

If I had the choice of a billionaire who is willing to show the money to the billionaire we have now , then it is as no brainer to which one I would prefer and I'm sure I would not be in the minority with wanting someone who is willing to part with his money.

12. DanniGhirl

There are rules that have to be followed when you are a listed company as Celtic is, he can not just dig into his own pocket to fund Celtic, nor would I want him to.

Yes spending millions on players would be great but it's not financially sustainable - if DD decided to sell up tomorrow it would have no serious impact on Celtic, if he funded our transfers it could have a devastating affect on the club.

13. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No we dont

14. Benedicto

Desmond simply cannot put money into Celtic since we are a PLC (I think). Any money the club makes must come via selling shares, profit etc.

Having said that - i'm wiling to bet Desmond didn't get where he is today without cutting a few corners or pulling a few strings. Methinks if he really wanted to make money available for Strachan (in January for example) - money would've been there.

15. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm talking in general, not just this thread

16. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    And risk being done for fraud, I doubt it

17. Benedicto

Who said anything about fraud? I'm talking about bending the rules - not breaking them. I am sure he could've pulled out the stops for a top loan deal to happen in January for example.

18. HunSkelper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    :56::56::50:

19. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    i would love for a mega rich someone to come in and pump money in of course i would? but at the same time i would rather see celtic being financialy stable the way they are.

it keeps the club safe ! just imagine that happend and a few years later he/she decides they have had enough! and decides to walk leaving the club with huge debt? that would be the worst thing to happen since the 90`s! * that then.

20. jcwelsh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WILLIE MALEY
    They actually can. They can increase the amount of capital they have by using the following procedure. giving the club more money to spend

FORMING A PLC - LEGAL REQUIREMENTS & SHARE CAPITAL in the UNITED KINGDOM

Can a company alter its authorised share capital?

A company can increase its authorised share capital by passing an ordinary resolution (unless its articles of association require a special or extraordinary resolution). A copy of the resolution - and notice of the increase on Form 123 - must reach Companies House within 15 days of being passed.

but if all else fails we can get a billionaire who wants to buy the club and take it of the stock market and make it private again

Rangers if taking over by a billionaire could go straight into the markets and wipe us of the board if they wanted to. they are unfortunate that the owner has little or no money left from Murry international metals to sustain his challange just now or he would. if his companies grew and he became a billionaire there would have been no way we would have been as successful as we have been just now.

If a billionaire that owns a club just now and he want to leave . he would not be leaving the club with mega debt. The buyer would be buying what he sees and not the bank balance. the bank balance goes with the seller. otherwise who would take the club off him if he wanted out. think of it that way. he is buying the players with his money.

I'll give you that the PLC would be different to the fact the it owns the debt. But as long as we where upping the stock with our cash as shown above we would still be keeping the club afloat for ins and outs