1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi millionaire at Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by OC, May 20, 2009.

Discuss Multi millionaire at Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. OC

How would you think about this: some guy with loads of cash comes here and offers it to our board. Now, Lawwel and Reid would graciously accept the bid and the millionaire puts his own board in charge. More money for transfers, great signings, success almost guaranteed and full CP because we would probably play beautiful football. Would you like this to happen?

2. AnthonyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fortune & Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    i dont know a celtic fan that wouldnt love this to happen , but cant see it as the scottish premier league isnt a big enough league for all these multi millionaires

3. caoimhin 98

why replace a billionaire with a millionaire?

the focus should be on getting desmond to put his hand in his pocket

4. Cash 67

I can see it happening if we do move to the championship down south.

5. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Yes but would it make any difference to us if they did? IMO we would still have difficulty signing big players as Glasgow is hardly a metropolis ........... not to mention how lowly our league is beheld south of the border. Roy Keane (I think) once said it was hard to sign anyone of any quality unless you were a London Team.

6. OC

Excuse me, who is that Desmond guy that was mentioned here few times?

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

No I would strongly oppose any wealth which has been drip fed in to Celtic. I'd also oppose Desmond subsidising any big money transfers or wages, if he decided to leave the club is crippled by costs it can't naturally recover from.

It's something which won't happen anyway, it's been said enough times.

8. kennydal

We have one ,maybe more ,dont know where your going with is ? if its spending multi millions then no .Celtic are just coming out of a hefty debt ,why would Celtic consider taking something like that on again .

9. celticfc482

the guy that owns celtic mate

10. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    To be honest I would prefer that we stay a Scottish Team in Scotland. I don't think that I lack ambition when I say that because I seriously think our Scots/Irish identity is in danger of being diluted or worse eroded. As I've alluded to in previous posts we are against Scotland being part of a British Olympic team yet we talk of the OF being part of the English League. In addition they were considering an Englishman to run our Rugby and Cricket teams.....not that I would want it but how can we with any degree of seriousness oppose a British team?

Not everything is worth sacrificing for money :87:

11. OC

:52:Alright. I only know some guys from the board.

12. DanniGhirl

I'm with Hammer I wouldn't want this to happen - we need to be entirely self sustainable and not have to rely on a rich sugar daddy subsidising our transfers - what would happen when they got bored of their play thing (which is all Celtic would be to them)

13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda

Big money only really invests to make more big money and someone once said that there's no money in football...........we just have to ask Sir Minty Moonbeams :56:

14. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    We have already got one here just he wont dip his hands into his pockets and give us what we deserve , hes done alot for this club tho he needs to dip a little deeper he could easily hand wgs 20 milliion etc and not miss it ,

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    It's not a case of him being reluctant as DD can't invest anymore ..... if I remember correctly if he were to invest anymore he would be considered the major shareholder/owner or something. Dempsy knows more about this so wait and see what he has to say as I'm sure he explained it very well :50:

16. DanniGhirl

Once his shareholdings get above a certain level he would be obligied to make an offer to the remaining shareholders, something he doesn't want to do.

We are a plc and have to abide by strict listing rules with the London Stock Exchange - he can't just dip into his own funds and give them to Celtic.

17. kennydal

Doesnt work like that ,he is not the owner ,he is the major shareholder.

18. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Yeah that's what Dempsy said :50:

19. Markybhoy

I wouldn't be supportive of any move that would put the club £60 - 100million in debt in 5 -10 years time. The Huns tried it and look where it's got them. If a multi millionaire would sign a contract guaranteeing he would clear any debts the club had before he sold up and moved on then yes I'd love it. Unfortunately I very much doubt such a person exists.

20. TheGreenGoblin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Artur and Lubo... The Holy Trinity
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

Boo... ME!!!

Why would we want our club to be crippled by some millionaire who would get bored and leave us to hit the wall??

Rangers
    Man U
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Hearts
    Man City

Look at what the debt figures of these clubs would be if the playboys left.

look at Man U season ticket prices, Chelseas prices... you want some of that? To do what, be better than the teams in the SPL... Celtic and Rangers are doing that on a shoestring why ask a billionaire to foot the bill to monopolise a league that has been monopolised by the Old Firm for almost 3 decades!?