1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

McDonald:- Hero or ....

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Fultim67, May 19, 2009.

Discuss McDonald:- Hero or .... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Fultim67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Artur,Wee Lenny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Whoa Artur Boruc
    Right lets clear up a few things. Not at any point did i say that skippy has been * for us when that quite clearly has not been the case he is a decent player with a decent goals return but there are some maniacs who seem to think that he is a celtic great???? how what has he done???? he's been here less than two seasons i fail to see where he has become a great. i can't think of too many games where he has absolutely dominated the opposition, as the true celtic greats have done. he works hard he certainly does but the point im trying to make is that i believe he is only feted because the other two are plain * simple as. i read somebody saying that they would pick him ahead of di canio (genius) cadete pierre viduka * off they were some of the best players i've seen in my time pull on the jersey temperamental maybe but * ace players and light years ahead of skippy in terms of pure quality.skippy is a decent player im not saying bomb the guy out he has a role to play and is the best we have available to us at the moment but that is not to say that he is irreplacable. and patto this is not a witchhunt or anything to do with the fact the guy is not irish dont fall into the cracks of labelling someone a bigot over a point of view his first touch IS shocking and i don't know what games you've been watching but sunday in particular his control let him down time and again that is the reasons behind my frustrations with him he leads the line for us but cant control the simple passes at times and it drives me crazy he has to link for the others to score also and not just expect evertything to fall for him or get layoffs from sammy and jan.ps btw the doctor i take great offence to your inference that im a filthy monkey * i * love celtic that is why im on here asking questions and giving opinions on the team i love if all you've got is snidey wee comments then * off and give your opinions to some other * i'm looking for REAL fans views and opinions to see if anybody out there shares my view not some wee shitprick with a comical turn of phrase have a bit of respect for the views of others have a nice day

hail hail

2. Fultim67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Artur,Wee Lenny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Whoa Artur Boruc

:hi5:

3. steviebhoy32

nonsense at his best he isnt half as good as any of these guys were on a bad day. just because he is a celtic fan doesnt mean hes good enough.
    if he becomes a celtic legend it will only show how far our standards and expectations have dropped:54:

4. Brendan Hughes

McDonald Brown Caldwell have been the only players that have been 'good' this season, all the rest have been nothing above average to be honest

5. conorbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over

this is one for our stats fans then.

personally he gives more than that big donkey. i still don't think he's up there with our strikers of the last decade, but i am a big fan.

he gives more to the team than just scoring, which is why i would say he's a lot better player than gorgeous george.

6. qatar bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the celtic song / boys of the old brigade
    great goalscoring record cant argue that, the only problem i have is that he goes to ground at the slightest touch sometimes without a touch whats that all about. a few times this season its been embarrassing to watch tbh

7. WEEMAN7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Paul mcstay, Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf clover, Willie Maley
    I like skippy! Think he needs help up there, a consistent partner & end product from our midfield. He's got his faults like first touch, getting caught offside far too often & there's no doubt he plays for himself & not the team which is a little selfish. Best of a bad bunch tho & can nic a goal or two outta nothing.

8. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Skippy does indeed score a lot of goals for us...and is the best of a really bad bunch of strikers. But really, if someone wanted him and made a reasonable bid, i would sell him. But then again thats the same for most players in the current team...even McGeady and Boruc...if the money is right I'd be in favour of selling. Simply cos they are replaceable.

9. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    He is a good player, but as some of you have said he is'nt good enough and certainly wouldn't get his game infront of larsson sutton or hartson

10. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I like Skippy as he's a hard wee worker but I can see what most people are saying........he definitely needs the support of a more consistant striker.

11. steviebhoy32

while we oviously want a better striker playing alongside skippy, it will make his faults become more apparent than they are now. i.e not very quick, terrible first touch, poor passer, not very good vision. if we do get a better striker next to him i reckon a lot of his fans will turn on him a bit

12. daviebhoy88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Clap, Clap, Clap Clap Clap... AIDEN MCGEADY!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing/This Land Is Your Land
    Give him decent support next season and then we'll see if he is truely Celtic class

13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Yeah it's a pain when he does that ......makes me cringe. That and the moaning does my nut in :56:but I love him just the same :50:

14. Piraeus

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden Aiden Aiden Aiden Aiden
    How did he play today? Missed the game.

15. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    He was pure * today as he has been for a good while. I don't like him wearing the hoops, but that just MO.

16. Nakamura88

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Henrik would do better blindfolded:38:

17. Mark1978

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Pity some of the * round about him didn't show the same sort of passion.

Yes he is not the best, but we would be alot worse without him.

The 2 long streaks of pish that call themselves strikers can get to *.

18. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I don't beleive hes passionate, I think its all an act when he knows hes * up. He loses the ball takes a tantrum to make everyone think hes passionate big deal, he still loses the ball more than anybody thats ever wore the hoops.

19. Mark1978

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Okay-50 goals in 99 appearances isn't it?

Yeah he is * awful.

20. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Have you seen him the last few games?

He missed a sitter today.

Even last season when he was scoring for fun he couldn't control a pass.

If he hadn't been so wasteful we would be champions today, everytime the team built up momentum he gets the ball, slows play right down, lets the ball bounce off his shins or passes to the opposition.